Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the insight, LeJuan. Yeah, it seems pretty steep for a "classic" figure. Hopefully with all the new ANH stuff we'll get an updated version for a little more than half that.

I hope we see another Tusken Raider figure, but I doubt HT will touch it. Plenty of people missed out on the SS release.

Anybody have that Tusken Raider? Is it worth the $400 asking on ebay? Looks pretty decent in those shots but I think it's an older SSC figure?

If you're patient on eBay you could probably grab one for $130-$175 on auction most likely. There have even been Buy-it-Nows for the $150 range. It's a nice figure but definitely not worth anything close to $400. Just save a search so you see when new ones pop up.

Got a pic...? Would love to see why this clock remains in people's consciousness. I haven't seen a picture since SS Luke/Tamashii were being compared with it.

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

Seen those.

I meant pictures of the Taito with the new HT Luke for example, since Taliban said the Taito scale remains supreme.

That said, now that you reposted your prize clock, it's height to 3PO there looks a lot like the height in the new Sideshow posted production shot.

Got a pic...? Would love to see why this clock remains in people's consciousness. I haven't seen a picture since SS Luke/Tamashii were being compared with it.

Will try to do a line-up alongside stock figs. My HT farmboy Luke got delayed, should be here end of next week.

DarthIMPoor's pic above shows it with the Tama 3PO, so that's a start (interested to get my SSC 3PO and put him next to the Tama)

You can see in his pic that there are sculpt errors on the Taito and also it's a shallow toy-like sculpt.

Glad to see both feet are flat on the ground, which didn't appear in earlier pics. Other then some odd weathering it looks good and I'm glad I kept the order. Will the figure bend at the knees?

Seen those.

I meant pictures of the Taito with the new HT Luke for example, since Taliban said the Taito scale remains supreme.

That said, now that you reposted your prize clock, it's height to 3PO there looks a lot like the height in the new Sideshow posted production shot.

Ah, got it. Don't have the new Luke's just yet....maybe Monday.

Still, I'll be getting SS's R2 last, because of the lights and details. The Taito to me was a more than adequate (and cheap) fill-in/spaceholder, like buying a model X-Wing or something. I think the scale is better too, but like you mentioned, we all have our own selective nitpicks. Scale v detail. Or both :lol

2171_press06.jpg

Height here looks about where Taito and Tama line up.

To me it seems the girth of SS R2 is the problem, not the height. He seems a bit slim.

But I have R2 on the shelf with HT Han and HT Ben and he looks fine. Again, I think the HT figures are smaller (slightly) than their oddly proportioned Sideshow counterparts.

HT w- SS R2 1.jpg

Last edited:
Threepio's final prod photos look great, thumbs seems long but otherwise the hands aren't bad. Waiting for the first "it feels cheap and flimsy" post

My last payment just posted, waiting for the shipping notice.

Taito clock R2-D2 might have the scale but the detail is soft and doesn't hold up next to SS Artoo.

Skip it. Make your point when you actually have the right figures you claim to be the same height (HT Luke).

Other than Tama/SSC 3PO's, HT Luke Bespin (which yes, is a little oversized) and HT farmboy Luke, not sure there's any others that would be "right." Maybe Chewy.

Still, I'll be getting SS's R2 last, because of the lights and details.

You should maybe wait for the HT R2. It's inevitable. I'm not sure if the SS R2 is expensive on ebay these days, but I wouldn't pay more than its original price if you really want it. Seeing as you have the Tama, waiting for the HT might make more sense as it will likely go better (hoping HT uses proper metallic for the dome).

Pretty disappointed in the stand. It's a fairly minor thing overall but wish they could have gotten more creative than just a black hexagonal stand.

Other than Tama/SSC 3PO's, HT Luke Bespin (which yes, is a little oversized) and HT farmboy Luke, not sure there's any others that would be "right." Maybe Chewy.

HT Bespin is not just a little taller than HT Luke Farmboy, it is fairly substantial, if you apply the same difference you claim on the SS vs Taito, so that's not a good example as too-tall Bespin will make R2 look small.

Anyway, you said the HT Luke Farmboy and SS Farmboy were the same height so I figured you had both to know. But you won't really know until you get the HT Luke.

I imagine the two Lukes will vary in height like the two different Bens do... and its not just the height but the overall "size" of the Sideshow figure...

HT Ben Kenobi vs SS Ben Kenobi 1.jpg

Obviously Taito will remain in scale to the Tama for all time. My point was, HT has a different 1/6th interpretation that may fit in with the Sideshow R2 better -- because the HT figures are "smaller" a wee bit; the wee bit that R2 is undersized.

You should maybe wait for the HT R2. It's inevitable. I'm not sure if the SS R2 is expensive on ebay these days, but I wouldn't pay more than its original price if you really want it. Seeing as you have the Tama, waiting for the HT might make more sense as it will likely go better (hoping HT uses proper metallic for the dome).

SS 3PO should be here next week too. I think it looks great, and I like the Tatooine specific look. Once everybody is in hand, I'll make the cuts. I really wanna be done with buying 1/6. It's taking everything I have not to start TFA and Dawn of Justice

Height here looks about where Taito and Tama line up.

To me it seems the girth of SS R2 is the problem, not the height. He seems a bit slim.

But I have R2 on the shelf with HT Han and HT Ben and he looks fine. Again, I think the HT figures are smaller (slightly) than their oddly proportioned Sideshow counterparts.

View attachment 235700

SSC R2 is standing in front (making him look bigger) but even then looks a bit too small.

Even next to SSC 3PO he looks too small in height and "volume"/girth. Here's a screen comp (SSC 3PO and costume 3PO's matched in size, relative poses similar):

3POR2%20size_zpsmjx3jkau.png

Yes, I agree, as I said, looks like girth is more a problem than height. Those comps are so close -- if Daniels had his head up a bit and leans back a bit like the SS one I think the height diff would be negligible.

But the width or girth is definitely off. SS R2 needs to be wider in that pic. But again, in person, with the HT guys I have I don't see as bad a scale problem. Maybe when I get the SS 3PO it will become more apparent.

But how did we get from the Taito to the actual R2? Taito looks smallish when compared to that picture too... granted less so than the SS. But I wouldn't say the Taito is perfect scale.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
From the pic above I'm glad I wasn't collecting when SS Ben was the only Ben in town; I wouldn't be content having that in my collection to represent the character.

Back