Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well to put it in perspective...
mine is coming from PC which is way over the big pond from me... priority international shipping and i was only charged $10.86

When there's something exclusive to Sideshow, you will generally find that there is no shipping deal, since you can only buy it through them.

Yeah that definitely seems to be the trend. But lately it seems like they're just doing away with it. I don't think a single TFA figure has that $10 deal, but I only have eyes for Star Wars so not sure about other licenses.

Could all you guys chatting Sideshow about your C-3PO orders log off now please? I have more pressing matters to chat to them about and I'm tired of waiting. :)

Production pics up! Looks pretty good!

C-3PO Sixth Scale Figure ? Final Production Photos | Sideshow Collectibles

2171_press09.jpg

Looks pretty good! The upper arm is a taste short and those mitts are huge... but other than that I think it looks good.

Looks pretty good! The upper arm is a taste short and those mitts are huge... but other than that I think it looks good.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think the big hands aren't a lens distortion - the fingers also look quite long.

Hopefully it won't be an issue "in-hand".

Yeah, I'm beginning to think the big hands aren't a lens distortion - the fingers also look quite long.

Hopefully it won't be an issue "in-hand".

Looks to me like the thumbs were just bent the wrong direction, making the mitts look worse and awful. But the figure looks great. My only concerns are the weathering on the side of the face and possibly the hands. Seems as long as the fingers are bent it shouldn't be a huge deal.

Anybody have that Tusken Raider? Is it worth the $400 asking on ebay? Looks pretty decent in those shots but I think it's an older SSC figure?

It's a great figure for the $130 it originally went for. Has a couple of minor issues, body is poor (has those bendy knees), the feet wrapping is a bit too round on the soles of the feet (making standing unassisted tricky) and the arms are a bit short. But it's a really fun figure. You'd want that Tusken Raider to be filling a huge gap in your display paying 400 bucks for it though.

I find it fascinating how many fans here have a sliding-scale when it comes to accuracy.

They get angry that R2 is slightly under-scale... but those same guys will take ANH Vader and put the robes under the armor and "pretend" its ESB Vader (even with wrong helmet and chest box and glove stitching and belt boxes).

:slap

I know but its like saying Hasbro 3PO is better because its metallic.

I'm quite certain Taito got lucky and had no idea their clock was going to be in scale with whatever its actually in scale with. Not even sure how anyone really knows the Taito is in scale anymore since HT has changed the scale game with ANH by offering all 5 main ANH heroes.

Does the clock still look better with the next gang?

Continuing though, I'm pretty sure people were using the SS Tatooine Luke and the Tamashii to judge scale of the R2 unit... and I don't think anyone will be using that Luke any further for scale testing.... so the whole Taito scale thing may be a mute point.

:lol It's the correct scale. I'm not a Taito fanboy. It just is.

Yes, even with newer HT figs (which have slightly smaller heads now, not smaller overall heights.) It's the right scale and SSC R2 isn't, even if the SSC R2 is better in every way.

Is that how much it ends up? Jeebus.... I've been flexing my OT figures and refusing to add it all up at month's end. Sadly the dollar is historically about right. That glorious period of above-parity won't ever be repeated.

Eh... a glorious boom funded by a communist dictatorship had to end. :dunno

$20.64 to Nevada....

$30USD to ship most 1/6th items to Australia.The currency conversion kills.sigh

That's weird - $30 to Australia and $21 to Nevada?

It's a great figure for the $130 it originally went for. Has a couple of minor issues, body is poor (has those bendy knees), the feet wrapping is a bit too round on the soles of the feet (making standing unassisted tricky) and the arms are a bit short. But it's a really fun figure. You'd want that Tusken Raider to be filling a huge gap in your display paying 400 bucks for it though.

Thanks for the insight, LeJuan. Yeah, it seems pretty steep for a "classic" figure. Hopefully with all the new ANH stuff we'll get an updated version for a little more than half that.

:lol It's the correct scale. I'm not a Taito fanboy. It just is.

Yes, even with newer HT figs (which have slightly smaller heads now, not smaller overall heights.) It's the right scale and SSC R2 isn't, even if the SSC R2 is better in every way.

Got a pic...? Would love to see why this clock remains in people's consciousness. I haven't seen a picture since SS Luke/Tamashii were being compared with it.

Back