Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nerve-racking again with the possible "bad photos" or "no photos"...

What to do? Keep order or cancel if no pics surface prior to pay?

As I always say, if the figure turned out spectacularly they would certainly be showing it off in advance... like they did with R2.

Yea it feels Bad.....that we have nothing new.

14 days and counting.

If nothing by the 12th day, no pics, nothing, then I'll likely cancel and wait and see. Only reasonable way to go for a $200 toy.

There will be plenty of cancelations on this after Xmas overloaded cards get declined.

I have a bad feeling about 3PO's painted-on ab wiring. Could see a lot of inconsistency there. Hope not for SSC's sake, though.

Yeah I've got a bad feeling about this figure too. I just don't think Sideshow's quality control is where it needs to be for a figure this complex to turn out good. Hopefully they prove me wrong or else I'll probably end up dropping the $300 plus the Tamashii goes for.

The proto looks so good thou, as a fairly new collector , how often do they really screw the pooch on the production? Examples?

Sideshow in general is very hit and miss in my opinion. Even figures that most consider good still are second rate to me in comparison with Hot Toys.

14 days and counting.

If nothing by the 12th day, no pics, nothing, then I'll likely cancel and wait and see. Only reasonable way to go for a $200 toy.

There will be plenty of cancelations on this after Xmas overloaded cards get declined.
Didn't you buy the Tama? I'm curious about the Sideshow figure, but I can't bring myself to buy another Threepio after the awesome Tamashii. Plus, there's other Star Wars dolls to buy.

As a toy robot collector, SS's R2 and 3PO brought me to this community; when I received R2, I was impressed at first but soon notices the shortcomings and wondered if I should follow through with 3PO. I'll most likely keep my order but am hoping I won't NEED to drop them like a hot potato when/if HT releases a set of their own.

No sir. I decided to hold out for Threepio after R2 came out well.
Ah. I still think you should pick him up if you find him for a reasonable price. Sideshows looks like it could be a fun figure but can not imagine it will be better than the Tama. Someone posted earlier this week that they picked him up for $190. People have been getting great deals on him for a while now. I have the SSC Artoo as well and the Tama Threepio looks great with him.

Ah. I still think you should pick him up if you find him for a reasonable price. Sideshows looks like it could be a fun figure but can not imagine it will be better than the Tama. Someone posted earlier this week that they picked him up for $190. People have been getting great deals on him for a while now. I have the SSC Artoo as well and the Tama Threepio looks great with him.

Where do people find these deals? Haven't seen any myself. I'm still giving Sideshow another 11 days on this to come up with in-hand photos.

Where do people find these deals? Haven't seen any myself. I'm still giving Sideshow another 11 days on this to come up with in-hand photos.
Yeah I saw one here in the for sale section once for a good deal but waited too long and it sold to someone else. Since then the ones I've seen are always over $350. If it comes down to it and Sideshow's really is a flop I'll probably put the money down for one but I'd rather not pay that much.

I preordered the exclusive and I hope it lives up to the proto pics. I know the eventual HT version will look great, talk and light up.

Yeah not sure why they put the switch under the dome. It's an inconvenient spot to get to sort of. I like being able to just tap the dome to get the lights on and off once it's on though. I was looking at the instruction manual for 3PO on the Sideshow product page and it seem like his light up feature will work the same. The batteries are in the neck piece it looks like.

Back