Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give it to the Sideshow marketing team that they make their products look impressive. Too bad most of their pieces fall short.

I dont mess around with my figures too much. I just try to pick a decent pose that I can leave for a few months, so looking great on display is my main priority. Hopefully the paint app looks good.

Yeah to be honest I'm the same way really. Most of the time my figures stay in one pose and don't get changed up too often. I'm more concerned about how this will look overall than anything. Weathering seems to be hit and miss on Sideshow figures and I keep feeling like the painted wiring isn't going to look good. I do want a 3PO that can articulate easily without breaking though too (the pistons in particular concern me).

Yeah to be honest I'm the same way really. Most of the time my figures stay in one pose and don't get changed up too often. I'm more concerned about how this will look overall than anything. Weathering seems to be hit and miss on Sideshow figures and I keep feeling like the painted wiring isn't going to look good. I do want a 3PO that can articulate easily without breaking though too (the pistons in particular concern me).

Tamashii fits the bill on all counts:)

This....

In case anyone is interested.
3p0 instructions.jpg

I'm so looking forward to 3PO. I hope the finish looks good. That will be key.

What truly was a major mistake on SS's part was not including the loose arm with the exclusive. A really bad cost-cutting move decision.

Aside from taking pics, I don't think anyone will actually have their 3PO displayed that way, without the arm.

Aside from taking pics, I don't think anyone will actually have their 3PO displayed that way, without the arm.

I like the one-armed look, and have always intended displaying him that way.

It'll differentiate him even more from my two-armed Tamashii!

I like the one-armed look, and have always intended displaying him that way.

It'll differentiate him even more from my two-armed Tamashii!

Ok. I was wrong. One person will display him that way... :wink1:

If the separate arm had been included, I could see some cool displays with perhaps Luke helping him up (after the Sand People attack) or Luke working on reattaching the arm.

Ok. I was wrong. One person will display him that way... :wink1:

:lol

I just like the uniqueness of it.

21711-c-3po-001.jpg

FlyAndFight said:
If the separate arm had been included, I could see some cool displays with perhaps Luke helping him up (after the Sand People attack) or Luke working on reattaching the arm.

It is a shame they didn't include the rest of the arm.

I'll maybe lay the good arm on the base with the shoulder end draped over the back of it.

And speaking of the stand, it's a mystery what it'll look like. Plain black or sand coloured?

I think it looks cool, too. I only wish we had the damaged arm included. Perhaps the regular arm can indeed be used to that effect.

As for the stand, I think it will be plain black. I want to display him with R2 so I'm going to put each on spare regular SS stands with the sand cover.

Fly R2.jpg

In case anyone is interested.
View attachment 232465

So just based off of these instructions I can see several potential issues already.

The articulated fingers are going to be very loose and messing with them will cause him to have issues holding the comm, the shoulder bell pins into the exclusive BD shoulder with a peg key that can get snapped off if forcing the shoulder bell on haphazardly. Lastly the way that big hunk of plastic inserts into the shoulder could be loose or wobbly, hope that is a magnet end to attach firmly to the body or some type of click style inset holder.

Please have good build quality, please have good build quality.......:pray:

Back