Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My exact face when I saw that price.......

beetlejuice-sixth-scale-100295-07.jpg

If the quality of the final product looks like that, I'd be happy with it, but I would still wait for the price to go down. I see Keaton, and the paint is nice, but that would be a good second head sculpt, not a main sculpt. Why make a "showtime" BJ, and not use the "showtime" expression? It has to be one of the worst decisions ever made by a toy company. Even Kenner 26 years ago was smart enough to give their toys the right expression.

I actually do think that looks like Keaton as Betelgeuse and has nice texturing and paint detail, but maaaan was that a bad choice for the expression. There were so many better ways of capturing the spirit of the character instead of that goofy, surprised look.

Any of these could have been cool accessories/additions:

Beetlejuice-Betelgeuse-Advert-1.jpg
00e3db654c20236471862b9b0f6cbd0f.jpg
Beetlejuice-movie-prop-restoration-2_1.jpg
coffin.jpg
6321757_1_l.jpg
20130223-133738.jpg

Or even a mini Beetlejuice with a patch of plastic/foam grass!

So much lost potential.

And thats saying something... Were'nt they like 50 bucks when they came out??

No, $150 for the set of 5. They made 10,000 of the first batch and 5,000 of the muddy batch. Economies of scale is fun.

I remember being outraged when the Knight Who Says Ni was $40. . . $10 more for only half a figure.

Don't get it twisted though, those figures aren't even worth $30 now. The Beetlejuice sculpt is technically very well done, lots of fine detail, the paintwork is great, just the overall art direction of it, the person who said "Yeah, make it look like this". .. well, I don't agree with that decision.

is there a seem under chin at back by neck that goes all the way around hairline? almost like originally they intended diff swap out face plates?

Sideshow can suck on these hairy nuts if they think they are going to get anywhere near 365$ for this practically bare *** figure....what an insult.

is there a seem under chin at back by neck that goes all the way around hairline? almost like originally they intended diff swap out face plates?

I'd imagine the prototype is a resin headsculpt that had to be cast in two parts, that hair has too many dangly pieces, and it would be impossible to cast as one piece. It will be interesting to see how they accomplish it in production. . . if they are able to rectify it. Not that anyone here will order it. . . how will we ever know how it turned out??

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Big disappointment. So many different props,facial expressions and the list goes on and on. The price absolutely insane. Maybe if SS added pers eyes to the head sculpt then something might have changed,still not enough to pay that kind of money for the figure,plus the headstone should have also come with the figure. Long wait for a crappy piece,get your act together Ss.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I was really excited about this, but the lack of accessories and that crazy pricepoint....

tumblr_nxwaslZ8dZ1tebq9go1_400.gif

Well this turned out to be a rip off I just wanted the clothes anyway, hopefully somebody will part it out on eBay or something

Looks like Sideshow is deleting negative comments about this figure off their Facebook page. Saw about 20+ of them gone from yesterday.

Back