Sideshow 1:1 / Predator 1 bust repainted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get better with every Predator paint up!

I really like how there's this really bright and shiny look in the under layer of the skin, I've always noticed there's something similar to that effect with the Stan Winston P1, most people seem to miss that when doing a P1 paint up. Good job on catching those details! :clap

I wonder what Xterminatus could do with the new NECA P1... or any figure, really. This is some incredible paint work, so I'd be anxious to see it on different types of Predator collectibles.

Hi everyone and thx a mill for the kind words its very appreciated :)

To repaint a maquette 1/4 would pose a bit of difficulty as the nettings would have to be removed .
other than that i dont think it would pose any difficultys. i painted tons of smaller figures in my days .

the paintwork on the armorparts of the 1/4 maquette is IMHO quite good it was on the one i owned though .

Regarding comission work i really cant atm as i have 3 heads in the pipeline 2 elders and the SS wolf i also have the big Bob Dullam p2 that i will do some resculpting on before its time to paint it.
Also orderd a Scott marshall P1 torso today so im pretty much boked all the way over the summer :)

thats just crazy 4 K my god
you could get a much better torso and head including netting and everything custom painted from scott marshall for less than half that amount ... and made in Resin

I agree with you on the torso and paint job. Personally i'm blown away by what you've done with your 1:1 bust :hi5:

But i disagree about finding a better, more accurate 1:1 P1 bust/head. the Sideshow SWS 1:1 bust is the best Predator head i've seen.

Regarding comission work i really cant atm as i have 3 heads in the pipeline 2 elders and the SS wolf i also have the big Bob Dullam p2 that i will do some resculpting on before its time to paint it.
Also orderd a Scott marshall P1 torso today so im pretty much boked all the way over the summer :)

Booooooo. Just kidding.

Booooooo. Not kidding.

I agree with you on the torso and paint job. Personally i'm blown away by what you've done with your 1:1 bust :hi5:

But i disagree about finding a better, more accurate 1:1 P1 bust/head. the Sideshow SWS 1:1 bust is the best Predator head i've seen.

Yes you are right the SS one is more correct but just look at this ,,, its mindblowing to say the least i have orderd one that is on its way ,, mine is not cut at the waist though mine is cut just under the solarplexus and just over the biceps

https://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=24187

Yes you are right the SS one is more correct but just look at this ,,, its mindblowing to say the least i have orderd one that is on its way ,, mine is not cut at the waist though mine is cut just under the solarplexus and just over the biceps

https://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=24187

You're not kidding that is impressive. Do you have the head and/or torso on order?

any chance you can install the custom painted 1:1 Sideshow bust on that torso?

You're not kidding that is impressive. Do you have the head and/or torso on order?

Not sure what you meen by your last centence my friend .
but the SS head is the same ( or almost exactly ) the same head as the Morris / Deluted open mouth head so yeah you probably could place the open mouth morris head on the marshall torso.

I'm getting one of em :lecture, as well as his Elder piece. Scott's isnt more accurate than the SS version, but it's defn all around a better piece.

Back