Shutter Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to see this later today but most reviewer's dont know ____ from shinola so i dont take their review's seriously i've had this movie on my radar since it was announced last year and i cant wait to see it.

I enjoyed it a bit, but not something I'll be rewatching over and over again. The trailer is a bit misleading too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just came back from this movie. Did not live up to my expectations at all. The middle was a little bit too long, the ending did pick up some, and if you guys thought Avatar was unoriginal, then this is uber-unoriginal.

I was hoping for a ghost story, or at least something that would be a little bit spooky and get me scared, and it certainly was not. Maybe I should have read what it was about, because it's not what I was hoping for. I will say that the marketing and TV spots really made this film look like it was going to be fantastic, which it wasn't IMO.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just saw the movie and although it wasn't what I expected, I think it was great. It did a very good job at making me feel uneasy. The score did help at that too, because it was pretty unsettling at times.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I read a review saying this was Scorsese's "The Shining."

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just saw the movie and although it wasn't what I expected, I think it was great. It did a very good job at making me feel uneasy. The score did help at that too, because it was pretty unsettling at times.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hated the score/sound effects, it sounded incomplete and often stopped short without any added dramatic effect.

Spoiler Spoiler:

and for the record, I went into this unbiased and avoided, on purpose, all threads and discussions about this movie, so I'd hopefully be pleasantly surprised. Didn't happen.

I hated the score/sound effects, it sounded incomplete and often stopped short without any added dramatic effect.

Spoiler Spoiler:

and for the record, I went into this unbiased and avoided, on purpose, all threads and discussions about this movie, so I'd hopefully be pleasantly surprised. Didn't happen.

I actually found that it worked pretty good. And I kinda liked the sudden stops it seemed to have at times. It was this "crazy" kind of music that really worked with the setting IMO.

Good movie. I had it figured out just from the trailers, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment when I found out it was in fact what I thought it was. I was hoping it was going to be something different, but the brilliance is in the script and the idea that you never really know for certain what's afoot all the way through the end.

I loved it. It, to me, was a great psychological thriller that felt like thought the score was perfect, it made the viewer uneasy and off-balance, similarly to what I felt in There Will Be Blood. 8/10 for me.

I saw this earlier today. Pretty much exactly what I was expecting,
'twist' and all. I mean I had it figured out just by watching the trailer. Not very clever.

But I did really enjoy the movie. I couldn't help but think how awesome a movie about Arkham Asylum done like this would be.

I think the reviews that are saying that it's Scorsese's The Shining are meaning that as a bad thing. Or it just means that a respected director is "slumming it" in an unfamiliar genre.

Saw it yesterday...
I love when directors try new things instead of the same old crap...
I like Scorsese's gangterish/ny movies...
but my favorite has to be Last Temptation, and this one was a great movie as well.
Liked it a lot!

Back