Shutter Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Sane, so he wants to die a good man (no memories) than live as a monster(sane but knowing he murdered his wife)...

Yes. Exacly. He knew what he was doing. The whole reason he went crazy was because he did kill his wife, and just cannot live with that.

So he'd rather be Teddy Daniels one last time. The Cop. The hero. Sent to uncover the truth about the terrors of Shutter Island. Very tragic but yet satisfying ending.

Yes. Exacly. He knew what he was doing. The whole reason he went crazy was because he did kill his wife, and just cannot live with that.

So he'd rather be Teddy Daniels one last time. The Cop. The hero. Sent to uncover the truth about the terrors of Shutter Island. Very tragic but yet satisfying ending.

I think I get it now. So what you're saying is, Shutter Island sucked balls and is a tarnish on Martin Scorsese's ability as a director.

I'm in total agreement. Shutter Island was a piece of "Noir" crap.

Edit:

Spoiler Spoiler:

yup

Last edited:
I think I get it now. So what you're saying is, Shutter Island sucked balls and is a tarnish on Martin Scorsese's ability as a director.

I'm in total agreement. Shutter Island was a piece of "Noir" crap.

Edit:

Spoiler Spoiler:

yup

:horror:horror:horror

Shocking

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well crap... I feel like a dolt now :lol That line confused me, partially as I missed part of it :monkey1

I will now officially turn in my "educated film goer club" membership :lol

Finally saw this. Didn't like it near as much as Inception. I'm thinking a 7.5/10

Saw this after I read the book so obviously I knew the ending, but I saw it coming in the book. It may be easier to guess at the ending in the book because
Spoiler Spoiler:

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book and I imagine you are supposed to guess at the ending. There were several moments where I thought my guess was wrong so it was still fun even if you do end up being right.

They did add a line that changed one element of the ending -

Spoiler Spoiler:

I could be remembering the movie wrong but something to that effect struck me when I saw it.

Hmm, so they added that for the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hmm, so they added that for the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I prefer the tweek in the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I prefer the tweek in the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think I prefer the movie ending to. What diminishes it is knowing that the book didn't end that way.

Reminds me of the ending of the MIST. I think the movie ending is much stronger that the book ending. But the really cool thing is that the ending of the movie could happen as an epilogue to the final pages of the book, whereas the ending of Shutter Island is contrary to the book ending.

I think I prefer the movie ending to. What diminishes it is knowing that the book didn't end that way.

Reminds me of the ending of the MIST. I think the movie ending is much stronger that the book ending. But the really cool thing is that the ending of the movie could happen as an epilogue to the final pages of the book, whereas the ending of Shutter Island is contrary to the book ending.

I read an interview with Stephen King in which he said he would have ended the book that way if he had thought of it. That ending makes the end of Seven seem kind of cheerful.

:lol :lol

I know the MIST divides people with the ending, but for me it makes the movie! :rock

Back