Shutter Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent seen the trailer yet. I've avoided every single piece of promotion other then the poster. Its Scorsese. Thats all that I need to get my ass in the seat.

I was disappointed with this. Like many here, it was pretty obvious from the get-go where this story was going so the end was no real surprise. I also get frustrated with films that explain events away as hallucinations.

I thought Leo did an admirable job though. But that Rorshach guy stole the movie with his one single scene.

I'm guessing by the lack of considerable feedback in this thread, that most people were probably underwhelmed by this movie.

I thought it was pretty good. Not in Scorsese's wheelhouse ... but certainly in line with Shyamalan or other psych thrillers.

SnakeDoc

I'm guessing by the lack of considerable feedback in this thread, that most people were probably underwhelmed by this movie.

I know I was.....what an awful movie. The musical score was terrible, the story was completely lacking in anything resembling suspense, and by the time I figured out what was going on...I really didn't care. :( Yeah, you would have been much better off seeing The Wolfman.

I just saw it today and i thought it was great. The story, the acting, the score, everything. It was a bit different from what i got watching the trailers.
And Jackie Earl Haley and Robin Bartlet's performances were amazing even though they only had one scene :rock

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the score of the film. If you have a problem with this score, you have a problem with anything Hitchcock ever filmed. This is based on a 50's pulp noir novel, which has a very natural B feel to it. This is no different. The style, atmosphere, acting, script. Everything is solid. The whole effort aids the tone of the film. I knew the ending going in, but it didn't take anything away from the journey to the pay off. I don't look at it as a movie I need to sit through and be one step ahead. It's a film to sit back and let the pieces fall into place, even knowing where it's headed and watch an artist of style at play.

I just saw it today and i thought it was great. The story, the acting, the score, everything. It was a bit different from what i got watching the trailers.
And Jackie Earl Haley and Robin Bartlet's performances were amazing even though they only had one scene :rock

Somehow I knew you were going to have positive remarks of this movie.

if.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

This movie was amazing. ____s with your head, and was really well shot.

Score ruled too. If you hated it, you didnt get it. It was over the top on purpose, to coincide with the main characters predicment.

Just finished the book, and for once, I actually enjoyed the movie better than the book. Usually with adaptations it's the opposite (only Shawshank comes to mind as a better film than short story).

CelticP is correct, as much as it pains me to say it :lol

Oh, don't worry. It's only the beginning of the year and there's plenty more to come. Whether it's good or not...well, that's another question.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Kick Ass, Clash of the Titans, Wall Street 2, Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, The A Team, Toy Story 3 (woot!), Predators (bigger woot, Rodriguez better not screw this up!), Inception, The Expendables, The American, Harry Potter DH P1, Red Dawn (should be interesting with updates weapons and stuff - maybe?), True Grit, Tron Legacy.

I realize nobody cares what movies I want to see, but I thought it would be helpful to have a list of some the major movies coming out this year.

Shutter Island was fantastic though. It'll take a lot to knock it from its pedestal.

All I care about is Predators. I want to see pretty much everything this year, but Predators is my number one most anticpated.

I'm sure this year will be good. But so far....meh tastic.

I think i'm gonna download the score. It's really awesome and over the top.

All I care about is Predators. I want to see pretty much everything this year, but Predators is my number one most anticpated.

I'm sure this year will be good. But so far....meh tastic.

I think i'm gonna download the score. It's really awesome and over the top.

Hopefully predators wont be avp-r all over again. How the hell did they manage to make the trailers and short clips to that movie so fantastic. I remember sitting in the cinema for about half an hour after it had finished amazed at how bad the whole thing was. :lol
Predators had better be better than that... it wont have to try very hard. :rotfl

I dug the script. Theres actually characters in that....lol. Not amazing characters...they were kinda Predator 2 ish. You like them, and give a bit of a ____ about weather they live or die. But it's not cutting edge. It's just fun.

Shutter Island will be a cinema watch for me then if I get the time this week or next. I've actually never seen a Scorsese film that wasn't on dvd or blu ray at home.

Back