Showoff Thread My ROTJ Boba Fett Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango56031

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just finished my Boba Fett Custom. Started with the OTC 12inch Boba Fett. Switched out the body to a BBI G-3.5. Did some minor adjusting to the accessories and repainted the jetpack, gauntlets and feet. Thank you to the veteran customizers here at SS Freaks for your advice. Hope you like the pictures.

Resizeof100_3256.jpg

Resizeof100_3258.jpg

Resizeof100_3259.jpg

Resizeof100_3260.jpg

Resizeof100_3251.jpg

I'm especially pleased with the jetpack. I sprayed it completely silver first, then painted the color with acrylics and took a damp Q-tip to create the weathering. Next I'll tackle Jango.

Resizeof100_3240.jpg

Very nicely done. My biggest complaint was that the original figure never had much of a neck, so he looks tons better just by that fix alone. The RotJ colors look very nice. Great job on the jetpack.

Very nice,the Hasbro Boba Fett armor looks much better when on a decent base body.

I never realized Boba sported such a colorful jetpack in ROTJ.

Your custom looks great. That neck makes all the difference.

That's great! I think I may need to follow suit... could you talk a bit about how you got the feet, hands/gauntlets and head off the Hasbro body and onto the BBI body?

metaphorge said:
That's great! I think I may need to follow suit... could you talk a bit about how you got the feet, hands/gauntlets and head off the Hasbro body and onto the BBI body?
Sure I just boiled them and pulled them off the Habro body. The gauntlets where pretty simple. I just took the BBI hand/wrist apart by pushing the little peg through and took the part of the hinge with the peg attached and trimmed the sides to fit into the hasbro hands. Put a little glue on it and used a needlenosed pliers to get it in there. I also cut off the short fuel hose that came with it, drilled a hole and used some extra cord from our mini-blinds. Sounds strange but if you look at the texture of it, it is very close the actual hose used.

Resizeof100_3234.jpg

The feet I took the BBI foot peg out of the foot and sanded it down a little thinner. Removed the hasbro peg and drilled a hole the same size as the modified peg and glued it into the hasbro foot.

Resizeof100_3230.jpg

Another easy fix was lowering the side pouches I just cut the slit in the hasbro belt a little farther in and seperated the top and bottom buckle parts with an exacto knife and slid the pouches onto the bottom half of the belt.

Resizeof100_3244.jpg

Other little touches were extending the neck with a rubber washer and adding a small bit of material to cover the neck.

Resizeof100_3241.jpg

Removing the the velcro pieces and sewing the suit on to reduce bulk.

Resizeof100_3247.jpg

And a little superglue to tame those wild wookie braids.

Resizeof100_3246.jpg

The head/helmet came off easily after boiling it in water. Then used the exacto knife to trim out the bottom of the helmet to fit over the new head. I would like to have used a Jango Head but I only have one of those and plan on updating him next. The head shown came with the body.

I used the DK Star wars visual guide as a reference plus photos from Magic of Myth when it was in Minneapolis a few years ago. It was really a quick fix. Most of the work went into painting the jetpack. Let me know if you need any more help.

Jango56031 said:
I used the DK Star wars visual guide as a reference plus photos from Magic of Myth when it was in Minneapolis a few years ago. It was really a quick fix. Most of the work went into painting the jetpack. Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks for all the great info and pictures! This will probably be my next project once I'm done with pimping my Jawas.

Who needs medicom or marmit? youve shown just how good these OTC fetts can be,nice job!

Where did you get the replacemant body? And does the helmant go over the head?

Cowboy said:
Where did you get the replacemant body? And does the helmant go over the head?
Ordered it from monkey depot and yes the helmet does fit over the head.

That's really cool indeed!!! I picked up an OTC fett for similar reasons, but never got around to finishing it. Though I find this truely inspirational! Great work, Jango!!!

Back