1/6 Kyrr Geron (Mandalorian) Custom Figure (FIRST UPDATE IN 5 MONTHS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Kyrr Geron (Mandalorian) Custom Figure

Oh man! I thought someone actually had something to say about my custom... But witekite's ODST just goes and steals the show again...
:gah:

I have to admit, it is pretty damn cool tho...

Your certainly getting there wqith this Mando figure and the headsculpt looks great. Look forward to an update on this.

Your certainly getting there wqith this Mando figure and the headsculpt looks great. Look forward to an update on this.

Thanks man! :)

I was planning to post an update, but some new toys came in the mail and I accidentally used all my time today playing with them! :lol

I've started a new headsculpt, among other things (not quite satisfied with the one I've got, like I said it may become a Kal Skirata some day)

Anyway, I'll try to remember to post some pics tomorrow (Sunday.)

I'm REALLY bad with updates.... :lol

Anyway, finally thought I'd post an update on this guy.

Here's some pics of the new headsculpt I've been working on. Like the other sculpt, I haven't yet decided if this is Kyrr Geron or not, but at least he looks a little younger! :lol He's not quite done yet though...

FILE0463-1.jpg

FILE0466-1.jpg

Also, I've almost completed my Mandalorian flak jacket. I got some nice black leather from Michael's (finally found some there again! :panic:) Anyway, I cut out the pieces from my paper template, and glued them together with "Liquid Stitch" or whatever, essentially fabric glue. The resulting vest turned out really well, I think. Here's some pics of it on my new TT advanced:

FILE0469.jpg

FILE0472.jpg

Here's one with a white background so you can see it better:

FILE0474-1.jpg

And here's one with the helmet:

FILE0478.jpg

I just need to figure out how to attach the sides, I can't decide between velcro and snaps... :huh Any ideas?

Let me know what you think, guys!

Last edited:

Wow, that vest looks great! Have you ever used those little buckles? They're great for small closures, but elastic with snaps works well too. I have not had any luck with velcro, it wouldn't stick together for me, but I've only used that really thin stuff I bought from goodstufftogo (I feel regular size is too bulky).

Wow, that vest looks great! Have you ever used those little buckles? They're great for small closures, but elastic with snaps works well too. I have not had any luck with velcro, it wouldn't stick together for me, but I've only used that really thin stuff I bought from goodstufftogo (I feel regular size is too bulky).

I'm not sure what little buckles you mean, but I know what you mean with the super thin velcro! They used it on the original HT Joker clothes, they will NOT stay velcroed... :slap

I was thinking of using some slightly thicker velcro, but I'm curious about these little buckles of which you speak...

These little guys work great! Lots of different sizes too, I use all of these. Goodstufftogo sells them in individual sizes and on trees. In their Supplies-Webbing, laces and buckles.
https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=382

Oh cool! Yeah, I'll definitely have to look into using those. They might be a great alternative to velcro or snaps! Thanks man. :)

Oh cool! Yeah, I'll definitely have to look into using those. They might be a great alternative to velcro or snaps! Thanks man. :)

Go with the velcro and add a few stitches to it so it is permanent. Don't be afraid of the needle and thread. It is not that intimidating once you try it.

TDP that head sculpt is coming along nicely mate and as for the vest, very nice and I concur with Katkuru on velcro and needle and thread.
The helmet is coming along nicely too mate.

TDP that head sculpt is coming along nicely mate and as for the vest, very nice and I concur with Katkuru on velcro and needle and thread.
The helmet is coming along nicely too mate.

Thanks man! :D

Go with the velcro and add a few stitches to it so it is permanent. Don't be afraid of the needle and thread. It is not that intimidating once you try it.

I'm not afraid of the needle and thread in general, I was just worried that if I used it to put the vest together it would end up looking kind of sloppy, and the stitches would look too big, so I opted for a stitch-less approach.

I'm still unsure of using velcro, because I'm worried it won't stay velcroed if it's the thin kind of velcro, and the thick kind might just be too thick.

:panic: I think I'll try velcro, and if it doesn't work I'll try attaching some tiny buckles to the sides or something...

Alright, no pics as of yet (as they aren't really that worth it)... But I thought I'd do a quick update.

I've started to reinforce the helmet with superglue.

...What's that you say? A silly excuse for a thread bump? Hmm... Perhaps... but it was more difficult than anyone would have thought.

One day I was at the grocery store, and realized I didn't have any superglue left for reinforcing my Mando helmet. (I had found out a day or so before, when I finally decided to stab into the sealed-shut bottle I already had, only to be greeted by an empty sort of puff of air... The stuff inside was completely dried up!)

Anyway, I was in a hurry and all I could find quickly was some krazy glue. I brought it home, tried it out on two pieces of paper... But they didn't stick. I tried felt, scrap leather I had lying around, and even my own fingers and couldn't get anything to stick to anything else.

Who ever heard of superglue that's not sticky? :slap

So then a while later I came across some Gorilla Glue, thought I should try it. I did, and this time the glue did stick things together, but when I glued a scrap of paper to the inside of my helmet, I realized that it was still very flexible after it dried (entirely defeating the purpose of supergluing the inside anyway)

So I finally found some more Loctite brand superglue (not the "control gel" stuff, the regular liquid kind,) and it dries very solid.

I don't understand why I can only find one type of one brand of superglue that

a) works as glue

and

b) solidifies

:panic:

Anyone who uses Krazy Glue is obviously krazy, and anyone who uses Gorilla Glue... shouldn't be trying to glue gorillas...

(By the way, turns out the Krazy Glue expressly stated on the label that it is not suitable for paper.... But I still couldn't even get "suitable" things stuck together... :huh)

I'll never use anything but Loctite again!

DP,
Loctite rulzs! And hurry up with your human sculpt, it's off to a promising start. You don't want to lose your groove!

DP,
Loctite rulzs! And hurry up with your human sculpt, it's off to a promising start. You don't want to lose your groove!

Thanks, I haven't put it down yet! I keep messing with it...

I carved out his face just slightly, to make his cheekbones more defined. I also did some work on the shape of his chin, and his forehead/cranium... Here's some very quick pics of how he looks now:

FILE0516.jpg

FILE0517.jpg

I just hope I can sculpt his ears properly when I get to them... but as a human being, I think he's getting there.

Last edited:

Thats looking pretty good so far. Thats better than anything I could EVER sculpt, nice job. :)

The proportions look good! Is he going to have hair?

Thanks!

He will have hair at some point, somewhere between a buzz cut and Jango Fett-length hair. But I'm not going to add the hair until after I'm done sculpting all his facial features (including the ears) so until he's completed he will be bald for a while. :lol

Thats looking pretty good so far. Thats better than anything I could EVER sculpt, nice job. :)

Thanks very much Chaka!

Although I'm sure you could sculpt just as well, or even better than I can. It just takes a little practice.... :wink1: Including aliens and zombies, this is my 9th attempt at headsculpting. I'd sometimes tweak a sculpt for weeks, or even months on and off, and then only get a very loose representation of what I'd had in mind. (Some times a HS would become unrecognizable after all the revisions I made on it, I would end up essentially completely resculpting it once or twice, it was great practice!)

If you had seen my first sculpt, I think you would have laughed! It was supposed to be the Terminator, but ended up more like the Constipator! :lol

Anyway, glad you guys like this guy so far. Hopefully I'll figure out how to do his ears properly someday... :lol

Back