1/6 Kyrr Geron (Mandalorian) Custom Figure (FIRST UPDATE IN 5 MONTHS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the dude person

Super Freak
Reaction score
As some of you know, I have been writing a fan fiction about a Mandalorian of my own invention by the name of Kyrr Geron. So far, the prologue and chapters 1 and 2 are up on my fan fiction thread.

But the idea for Kyrr Geron actually came from an idea I had for a custom Mandalorian 1/6 figure. I started on the armor a while back, making it out of layers of index card and super glue and then painting with acrylic paints... didn't work out so well, and although I had finished almost all of the chest armor (weathered it too!), I lost both of the shoulder pieces and the tiny hexagonal shaped piece that goes in the center of the chest.

So I started over, this time using plastic (guess from where? :rolleyes: ). I have all the chest armor made, and I also did both shin guards, but have yet to paint or weather them. Yesterday, I did spraypaint them a nice silver, and I was going to spraypaint red over it and scratch parts of it off to reveal the silver... not sure if that'll work, but I will do some weathering by masking off the silver with masking tape when I spray the red, and I'll probably end up painting some silver on top of the red... anyway, here are some progress pics! :D

shown here is a template I made using precise measurements from my Hasbro Jango figure.

FILE0725.jpg

After the template is made and cut out, it is taped onto the plastic and traced with a Sharpie

FILE0736.jpg

Here's a shot of some of the armor before it was spraypainted

FILE0735.jpg

Here's a good comparison between the shin plate I made (white on left) and the actual Hasbro shinplate I made templates from (on right)

FILE0731.jpg

and here's a couple of pics of the silver spraypainted armor.

FILE0743.jpg

FILE0744.jpg

let me know what you guys think! I'll be making the thigh armor pretty soon, then I'll try to figure out how to tackle the helmet, gauntlets, and kneepads...

Re: 1/6 Kyrr Geron Custom Figure

Looking good m8, you can have the boba fett clothes just cover the postage if thats ok?

Looking good m8, you can have the boba fett clothes just cover the postage if thats ok?

That's very kind of you! However, I don't know if the jumpsuit would fit on a standard HT body, I thought I heard somewhere that it's a little short...

Yeah its short but can fit a BBI G3.5 ok. also if you have long boots that would be even better.

Nice work DP, looking great.. have you any concept drawings of your character or are you making him up as you go along.
Ow and take Cbob up on his offer thats what I love about this place.

Nice work DP, looking great.. have you any concept drawings of your character or are you making him up as you go along.
Ow and take Cbob up on his offer thats what I love about this place.

Well, I've known exactly what I want him to look like for almost a year now, and I have one poorly photoshopped picture of Jango Fett that I did to test out the color scheme...

problem with C-Bob's offer is, I want to make Kyrr Geron and Boba Fett at some point, and I would need to dye the suit dark grey to use it for Kyrr, and I wouldn't want to risk ruining something that valuable... and I don't know if it'll fit right anyway... and if I use it for Kyrr, I'll have to find some other one for Boba Fett... :banghead

I just don't want that jumpsuit to go to waste...

Yeah its short but can fit a BBI G3.5 ok. also if you have long boots that would be even better.

Well, I have a couple of those... problem is, I want a Boba Fett too, and wouldn't want to ruin the suit for my Kyrr Geron figure...

I'm thinking of trying to make a jumpsuit from scratch by making a template from the Hasbro Jango suit, maybe with a few modifications...

And with the massive chest on the G3.5, an armor vest over that would make him look absolutely silly! :lol

Man, I am just beating my brains out trying to figure out how to do the helmet and gauntlets... I really don't have enough time or energy to deal with molding/casting from my Hasbro Jango, but I guess that's the way I gotta go... The helmet is gonna be tricky though. I can't figure out how to remove the rangefinder (the antenna bit that swings down in front of his eye) without damaging the helmet, and it's gonna be a pain in the shebs to get the helmet out of the mold, I've figured that I'll need to make this a 2 part mold, one part for the outside of the helmet, and another for the cavity inside it where a figure's head would go... And I'll need to cut the first part down the side so I can pull the helmet out with the rangefinder, and that's gonna leave a seam, which I really didn't want... And I'll have to carefully cut the rangefinder off every cast, and figure out some way to cut a slot into the right earpiece and get a pin through the rangefinder inside the slot so it can move like it should be able to... fortunately, the rangefinder on the Hasbro Jango is a little too long, so losing a bit of it when I cut it shouldn't be a problem...

Maybe I'll have time later tonight... :dunno

Do yourself a favour and stuff plastercine or something in the hole, make a full cast then drill the neck hole for any casts u make.

Do yourself a favour and stuff plastercine or something in the hole, make a full cast then drill the neck hole for any casts u make.

I don't really have very good tools for doing that very well unfortunately, and it would be terribly difficult, as I need it to be pretty much copmletely hollow, and the top part of the inside of the helmet I think should be round... I wanna actually be able to put this over a figure's head, so the figure is actually wearing it, rather than have it be a swap out headsculpt sort of deal...

I've thought about if rotocasting could take care of that problem, and I don't think it can... it would be hollow, but the resin would probably glob up too much in one place and render it unwearable...

Looking good, Dude!

Thanks!

Made one of the thigh plates, had to heat it up quite a bit with my desk lamp actually (it gets pretty hot, it can be used as a heat lamp with any light bulb! :horror But it's supposed to be a regular light, but I got it for cheap... ), but I got it bent enough finally, thinking of making another one tonight and spraypainting them both with a silver undercoat to match the rest...

Looking awesome! I've been saving my plastic cups lately for using the plastic for projects. People might make fun of it, but its cheaper in the end then going and buying it from the hobby store.

For the helmet would it perhaps be easier in the end to get a cheap Hasbro Boba off of ebay and just using it for bash fodder? I know I saw a few at the local 1/6th show last month for 10 to 20 bucks. I can't see them being worth more on eBay. Or perhaps one of those McDonalds bobbleheads that you could hollow out?

Looking awesome! I've been saving my plastic cups lately for using the plastic for projects. People might make fun of it, but its cheaper in the end then going and buying it from the hobby store.

For the helmet would it perhaps be easier in the end to get a cheap Hasbro Boba off of ebay and just using it for bash fodder? I know I saw a few at the local 1/6th show last month for 10 to 20 bucks. I can't see them being worth more on eBay. Or perhaps one of those McDonalds bobbleheads that you could hollow out?

Saving plastic cups? Did you pick that up from me or did you come up with it independently?

Don't let nam find out that you are too, or else you'll never hear the end of it from him!

Anyway, I just saw the cheapest but it now Hasbro Boba end, I was gonna buy it, but I waited too long and by the time I came back to it it had already ended... oh yeah, it was $45 (shipped)! :horror some jokers are trying to sell him for $80 + shipping, absolutely ridiculous... :rolleyes:

I'll just mold the helmet in silicone and cast it, it'll be tough, but it will save me a few bucks (already have everything I need!), and then next time I want another Mando helmet, I won't have to rely on getting one from eBay!

I need to ask Vivisect for advice on the jumpsuit though... that's gonna be tougher than the helmet I think...

Anyway, have you checked out my fan fic about Kyrr Geron yet BHD2? I don't think you left a comment if you did... You should check it out and tell me what you think of it!

$80 bucks? Holy smokes. I knew I should have picked the one up I saw.

Nah! I figured it out randomly one day while spending too much at the hobby shop and noticed I could just use the cups I throw away. I've done the same with alot of things now, thrift stores are your best friend when trying to track down leather, certian types of cloth, etc. Sure your a bit limited on what you can get, but its by far cheaper half the time. For example I do 1/1 stuff and I build a sword belt for myself. I could get one from a certian online store and spend $80 plus on just the belt, that doesn't include the sword frog, etc. With a little time, some elbow grease and parts from the thrift store I made the almost excate same thing for maybe $10 bucks which includes the sword frog.

No not yet, but I will for sure tonight. I always get side tracked by annorying friends on MSN messenger.

The problem with a Hasbro Boba for parts is there are 2 versions (3 if you count the talking version) The older 2 versions are cheap now but the helmets are crap, and the later good OTC version rarely go cheap, It would actually be cheaper to pick up an ultimate jango, or if you just want the helm and gauntlets get the cheaper plastic version ( molded clothing ) they came out with since it has the same helmet and you could cut it up for the gauntlets and such. Be careful bidding on the plastic one since a lot of times the people selling them picket it up for the helm and backpack and resell it without the good parts.

As for a jump suit, I found this seller on eBay a while back selling cheap ones. Just check out his store and look around, he has a lot of 1/6 stuff, and a lot more jump suits in different styles (hoods, collars, zipper), I just had the swat ones on watch because they would be easy to dye black ( I think those 3 are very dark blue) for a Boshek I wanna do, and for me spending $4-$5 dollars shipped for one is more worth while than making one for myself considering the time it would take for the detail on it.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-BDU...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ceed5c70e

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-BDU...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5191fb9332

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-BDU...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efee47558

Back