Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my bookends will be here Monday and they look great from the pics I've seen of them. From there, I'll take it slow to make sure I focus on what I want. Thanks for all your suggestions on how to make a nice LOTR display. Hope to show mine off soon!!

What s the delivery times like from sideshow when you order direct from them? I'm in the U.K and I think they use fedex international which is good as they deliver then bill you for customs tax, other companies here hold it till you have paid tax. I have never ordered from sideshow direct before.

So my bookends will be here Monday and they look great from the pics I've seen of them. From there, I'll take it slow to make sure I focus on what I want. Thanks for all your suggestions on how to make a nice LOTR display. Hope to show mine off soon!!

Glad you were able to find a pair!

Yeah but they are all saying in stock around june - july, it come out around march doesn't it?

So wait a couple of months and save money :)

I'm in the UK and I don't order from Sideshow direct anymore - the amount they charge you for shipping and then tax/VAT is absurd. You're much better off ordering from a UK seller if you're getting a regular. Only order from Sideshow if they do an exclusive you absolutely must have. :lecture

By the way Welcome! And nice choice of avatar ;)

So wait a couple of months and save money :)

I'm in the UK and I don't order from Sideshow direct anymore - the amount they charge you for shipping and then tax/VAT is absurd. You're much better off ordering from a UK seller if you're getting a regular. Only order from Sideshow if they do an exclusive you absolutely must have. :lecture

By the way Welcome! And nice choice of avatar ;)

Fair point, I got my ringwraith maquette from the u.s, great price brand new number 247, 160 pounds, 47, pounds shipping then bam!! 57 pounds in customs, 13 of which was a handling fee to parcelforce. Do they usually come out earlier than the dates given here?

Fair point, I got my ringwraith maquette from the u.s, great price brand new number 247, 160 pounds, 47, pounds shipping then bam!! 57 pounds in customs, 13 of which was a handling fee to parcelforce. Do they usually come out earlier than the dates given here?

I don't know, cos I usually buy from Weta and they have a UK warehouse. The last thing I got from Sideshow was an exclusive maquette.
When you look back at the end of the year, having to wait a couple more months to get something really won't matter, but that extra money you've saved will. You've survived all these years without it, so why the rush? Patience, young one :lecture

sorry about the photos don't know how to make them bigger. 2012 was a great year to start collecting for me anyway :)

I just got these guys in the last couple weeks. My first LOTR pieces. Really digging them, they're pretty awesome, for their age. :rock

P1020760_zps2f017474.jpg

P1020860_zps148f1cfc.jpg

P1020828_zpsd70ff6a2.jpg

Just a few pieces I have displayed i used to have a ton of LOTR stuff but got rid of most of it.

P1020798_zpsb708dd8f.jpg

P1020784_zpsc18be31f.jpg

P1020815_zps23cd87f6.jpg

I have a few other statues and busts but going to sell those might get something from the hobbit if they make some cool stuff :)

Back