Show your Ink

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are your scabs dropping off Rory? You still getting someone to rub your 'lotion' for you. You Americans have funny names. When are we going to see the pics?

How are your scabs dropping off Rory? You still getting someone to rub your 'lotion' for you. You Americans have funny names. When are we going to see the pics?

My scabs fell off before the first week had ended. I am in the second week of healing and although the colors are vivid, there is still another layer of skin that needs to fall off before I would consider it fully healed. I am continuing to apply lotion to it regularly. I don't see any color drop outs so I feel lucky- I also didn't have an allergic reaction to the red.

I will post a picture after it's healed completely. :D

Already planning my next on my ribs. :D

Wait times= definitely good. :rock :D

I am comfortable waiting. I personally like to drop by and explain the artwork I am looking for in great detail and then coming by again later after the artist has had time to draw everything out perfectly. I don't think I would ever be able to just do a walk in as I also need the time to think. :lol

I tipped my last guy pretty well because he did a great job. His hourly rate was $120 I think. I had to wait 2 weeks.

How is your tattoo coming along?

So you paid $40320 for a tatoo!?!!? :horror :D

Wait times= definitely good. :rock :D

I am comfortable waiting. I personally like to drop by and explain the artwork I am looking for in great detail and then coming by again later after the artist has had time to draw everything out perfectly. I don't think I would ever be able to just do a walk in as I also need the time to think. :lol

I tipped my last guy pretty well because he did a great job. His hourly rate was $120 I think. I had to wait 2 weeks.

How is your tattoo coming along?

Still waiting. I hate waiting. :lol

Are you waiting for the artist to finish the artwork or just in general? Waiting is the worst part... not the needle. :lol

Where and how big are you going? :D

I am waiting on him to finish the work. Already had my consult. It will be pretty darn big. It will start just about sleave length (if I had a t-shirt on). Go up my arm and onto my shoulder and back with a little bit around my collar bone area.

Never got a real big one before so I am excited! :rock I want to call him every day and bug him about where he is at with it. But I know that's not cool. :lol

I'm deciding between Chi-Rho or the Sulfur of Perfection as my next ink blot.

I am waiting on him to finish the work. Already had my consult. It will be pretty darn big. It will start just about sleave length (if I had a t-shirt on). Go up my arm and onto my shoulder and back with a little bit around my collar bone area.

Never got a real big one before so I am excited! :rock I want to call him every day and bug him about where he is at with it. But I know that's not cool. :lol

Cool man, I can't wait to see it. :D Bigger is scary but I think more rewarding.

By the way Keith, that's what she said. :lol

Well... I'll admit, I have no idea what those things are. :lol

:lol

The Sulfur of Perfection is in alchemy represents the marriage of sulfur (soul) and mercury (spirit) and the "spiritual goal of alchemical work." Sulfur is also one of the three heaveny substances in alchemical science, the other two being salt, and mercury.

This is the sulfuric sign:
SulfurAlchemySymbol.jpg

This is Mercury:
mercury5.gif

And the Sulfur of Perfection is a mix of the two but I'm thinking of copying the modification of done for Constantine which were is forearm tattoos:

tat%2Bfor%2BBLOG2.jpg

the Chi-Rho

chi_rho.gif

Chi-Rho%20Black.jpg

The Chi Rho is one of the earliest christograms used by Christians. It is formed by superimposing the first two letters in the Greek spelling of the word Christ ( Greek : "Χριστός" ), chi = ch and rho = r, in such a way to produce the monogram ☧. The Chi-Rho symbol was also used by pagan Greek scribes to mark, in the margin, a particularly valuable or relevant passage; the combined letters Chi and Rho standing for chrēston, meaning "good."[1]

Although not technically a cross, the Chi Rho invokes the crucifixion of Jesus as well as symbolizing his status as the Christ. There is early evidence of the Chi Rho symbol on Christian Rings of the third century (200's).

Speak of the Devil! My tattoo guy called me today that he is finishing up on a few drawings and they should be done by this week. In his time that probably means next week. :lol :rock

Interesting that he said a few. I know I found the right guy when he goes out of his way to do more than one. Again, I am not getting something small. :cool:

Speak of the Devil! My tattoo guy called me today that he is finishing up on a few drawings and they should be done by this week. In his time that probably means next week. :lol :rock

Interesting that he said a few. I know I found the right guy when he goes out of his way to do more than one. Again, I am not getting something small. :cool:
That's awesome bro! :rock It's good to have choice. :chew

How did you find this guy, online or through a referral?

:rock :rock :rock :rock Damn, I can't wait to see pics! Will you share the drawings with us...or are you going to wait and spring it on us once it's all done?

:rock :rock :rock :rock Damn, I can't wait to see pics! Will you share the drawings with us...or are you going to wait and spring it on us once it's all done?

Not sure yet. I probably will only share thru PM's once it's done. I am weird about pics of my tatts being online. Now me drunk and roof climbing, thats a different story. :lol

That's awesome bro! :rock It's good to have choice. :chew

How did you find this guy, online or through a referral?

I was doing to research online and saw some of his shops art. They have only been in the area for about a year. Then I was talking to a friend who I hadn't spoke to in a long time and she said she was getting one. I asked where she was going and she said the same place. I asked her how she heard about them and she said multiple friends. She said all of their tatts were amazing. So I asked if she minded me tagging along to her consult. She said nope and the rest was history. :rock

Not sure yet. I probably will only share thru PM's once it's done. I am weird about pics of my tatts being online. Now me drunk and roof climbing, thats a different story. :lol

It's ok to show the world your tattoo honoring your love for me.

any hints or clues to the design or theme :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back