Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!
So I got the idea to make a Lara figure from Project_A. He had used the Neca 12 inch talking Lara on one of his figures. I eventually found one on eBay for relatively cheap.
I tried to match her face to a body, but for multiple reason, It just looked terrible, from the paint to the body, to the color.. etc
Anyway, the only thing I’ve ever painted was a wall. This is the first time I’ve done this and I wanted to get some feedback. Criticism is welcome!
EDIT: I forgot to add this is supposed to be her Legend look, from some reference photos she had dark makeup.
Definitely an improvement over the original paint job. Lol
I'm not that great with paint apps myself, but I've learned that using pastels for highlights works pretty good.
I'm curious, how does that head fit with a regular 1/6 body? Have you tried putting in onto a TBleague body yet?
If it fits then I might have to grab one of those Lara's yet.

Definitely an improvement over the original paint job. Lol
I'm not that great with paint apps myself, but I've learned that using pastels for highlights works pretty good.
I'm curious, how does that head fit with a regular 1/6 body? Have you tried putting in onto a TBleague body yet?
If it fits then I might have to grab one of those Lara's yet.

Pastels huh?? The oil ones?
I actually used some of my girlfriends blush to add some of the color around her face, but it didn’t really apply well.

As for her head, It was this little ball joint looking thing. After I popped it off I drilled a hole into her head and I’m using just a regular neck connector now. It can attach to anything now. The torso in the photo is a Worldbox body I have it sitting on.

I completely tore apart the body, I’m planning to reuse some of the parts. The talking mechanism is going to go into a backpack. It’ll be interesting to see how this turns out…

Pastels huh?? The oil ones?
I actually used some of my girlfriends blush to add some of the color around her face, but it didn’t really apply well.

As for her head, It was this little ball joint looking thing. After I popped it off I drilled a hole into her head and I’m using just a regular neck connector now. It can attach to anything now. The torso in the photo is a Worldbox body I have it sitting on.

I completely tore apart the body, I’m planning to reuse some of the parts. The talking mechanism is going to go into a backpack. It’ll be interesting to see how this turns out…
I use chalk pastels. The Mungyo brand works great on acrylic paints. You probably could use the oil ones as well, but I'm not sure how they would react with the paint.
I might have to get one of those Lara's myself now. I actually have a spare worldbox body lying around somewhere, so I might have to try it myself yet.
Legend was what brought me back into TR. So I'm kind of hoping thats the version Mttoys is working on - just maybe a slightly updated version. Lol

I use chalk pastels. The Mungyo brand works great on acrylic paints. You probably could use the oil ones as well, but I'm not sure how they would react with the paint.
I might have to get one of those Lara's myself now. I actually have a spare worldbox body lying around somewhere, so I might have to try it myself yet.
Legend was what brought me back into TR. So I'm kind of hoping thats the version Mttoys is working on - just maybe a slightly updated version. Lol
Awesome, I’ll look into getting some. I actually wanna try doing this on a few other unpainted sculpts.

I don’t know if the worldbox body is a great fit honestly, the extra body I had was the 201 suntan, so that’s what I matched her up too, however it looks kinda small. The actual figure Neca made was literally like 12.5 inches. I ordered the Worldbox 203 in suntan, it’s supposed to be taller, so I’m hopping it looks the way I imagine. The head would probably look better on a Tbleauge seamless body honestly.

Same here actually, I played the very first and second one for ps1, I never finished either, horrible controls. I got back into it when Anniversary came out, then went back to legend and underworld. Then played the newest trilogy, which I loved, but it didn’t feel the same as the previous titles.

I didn’t know they were making another figure!!! Since when?? Any info?

Awesome, I’ll look into getting some. I actually wanna try doing this on a few other unpainted sculpts.

I don’t know if the worldbox body is a great fit honestly, the extra body I had was the 201 suntan, so that’s what I matched her up too, however it looks kinda small. The actual figure Neca made was literally like 12.5 inches. I ordered the Worldbox 203 in suntan, it’s supposed to be taller, so I’m hopping it looks the way I imagine. The head would probably look better on a Tbleauge seamless body honestly.

Same here actually, I played the very first and second one for ps1, I never finished either, horrible controls. I got back into it when Anniversary came out, then went back to legend and underworld. Then played the newest trilogy, which I loved, but it didn’t feel the same as the previous titles.

I didn’t know they were making another figure!!! Since when?? Any info?
@R_R_X (Limtoys guy) mentioned it awhile ago. You can find it in this thread if you're willing to go back a few pages.
He said they were possibly working on a classic Lara as well. Though we haven't heard any news for almost a year now, so who knows for sure.
Their Expedition Lara was pretty decent, one of the better TR figures currently out there imo.

IMG_1688.jpeg

1694810361485.png

I am looking to see if I can get this for a reasonable price on here (possibly), does anyone here have any intentions of selling this? (or know anyone who has it that I can buy from for a reasonable price?)

I also would get the head sculpt on it's own too, if that is an option.

Hello~ I'm new to this community. Can someone teach me where I can find Lara's shorts?

Can’t tell if it’s the rooted hair or what but something is off….

And I keep seeing Billie Eilish. 😬
Its the green eyes. Lara has very brown eyes. The customer probably wanted them green idk why.

I think the original paint app looks amazing. I dont get the need for a repaint. And rooted hair makes it feel so doll like.

I had a bunch of parts leftover from some kitbashes and just put them together to make this desert tanktop lara.

I already have two Lara’s and snowsuit Lara needs her head back so I’ll probably take it apart again and save the tbleague for my next project. I also tried a natalie portman sculpt that’s more in scale for TBLeague bodies. But end result ended up a little disappointing.

Tbleague bodies don’t scale well with other 1/6 figures and their heads. I’m using the S17B which is like their go to standard body. The Natalie head in the last pic is specifically made for TBleague and you can see just how much bigger the head is compared to heads that were made for Poptoys bodies like the MT Toys sculpt.

Attachments

• BCAAAA3D-103B-4BC0-ADC9-5718FD9D9042.jpeg
    BCAAAA3D-103B-4BC0-ADC9-5718FD9D9042.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 241FB618-9CED-445C-8D4A-6A063936328C.jpeg
    241FB618-9CED-445C-8D4A-6A063936328C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 948C0177-A7F7-4D99-9EC0-2ADB37C923FF.jpeg
    948C0177-A7F7-4D99-9EC0-2ADB37C923FF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • A83D04B1-8C0D-4951-818A-6FCAC2B82732.jpeg
    A83D04B1-8C0D-4951-818A-6FCAC2B82732.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
The paint skills are definitely there no doubt about it. Do I see Lara in that repaint? No. Plus, the re-haired is too dark imo.

I really do appreciate this SWtoys sculpt. Doesn’t hold a candle to the MT toys sculpt but it’s nice regardless.

Attachments

• IMG_6938.jpeg
    IMG_6938.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back