Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job. I still have to decide what to do with the replacement body. I thought I bought an Abigail body from Thailand, but I got scammed and seller never posted it.

Good job. I still have to decide what to do with the replacement body. I thought I bought an Abigail body from Thailand, but I got scammed and seller never posted it.
that sucks :( too many scammers out there. I've sent you a PM, happen to know of someone who has an abigail body for sale.

It's crazy how careful one has to be with this hobby. I almost got scammed myself this week with a FS015 Lara 2.0 figure.
Seller claimed buyers just send them money as friend (via paypal). Told them I'd only pay via the Goods option so that I would have some form of buyer protection. Even offered a little extra for any Paypal fees.
Seller never replied after that. I think it's safe to say I dodged a bullet with that one. lol

A very rough look of the diorama Im working on lol. I will be making the basecamp inspired by the one where she meets up with Mathias and Sam. There will be a button in the front that will play this message when pressed.

Havent had much time to work on the figure lately, but will try to continue as soon as I can get some.

View attachment 556720

Got my Shadow figure from KGHobby. I wanted to throw myself off a cliff during assembling this thing………. Everytime I moved one thing another thing would move or fall off. The quiver falling off constantly and the harness moving all over the place omg Im considering glueing it to the vest so it stops moving. I’m now using a piece of sticky tack to keep it in place but I don’t think it’s strong enough to hold it.

I tried the S25B bc the head to body proportions are the most accurate with the game model. But the clothes do not fit that body at all. The pants are extremely baggy and the vest is way too big. It looks like a child trying to cosplay.

I settled for a Poptoys body, the clothes fit perfectly only downside is that the arms don’t have the muscle definition, but I don’t know any alternative except for the impossible to find Abigail body.

The arms have pretty limited articulation and the handpegs are held in place with sticky tack so they’re constantly falling off during posing 😩

S25B in second photo, Poptoys + S25B next to each other in last photo
This looks really, really good. Nice work! Makes me want to pick up one of those figures haha

20220128_165241.jpg

Almost forgot I still had this one lying around.

Hi all. I've been reading through this thread and I think I'm going to try picking up one of these Lara figures and doing the body swap so I have the character in my collection. However, I've never actually done or even attempted swapping out a sixth scale body before, so I was hoping to ask a couple of questions.

1. I can get either a TBLeague S25B or S27B body for the figure. Was there ever a consensus on which one of the two worked better.
2. Can someone recommend a place (that is in or ships to the US) to buy one of those blue tank top/under shirts?
3. How hard is it to take the clothing off a figure and put it on a new one? Should I expect this to be difficult or is it relatively easy?
4. Are there any accessories worth buying to complete the look with?
5. Anything else I should know about trying this?

Thank you for any advice!

Hi all. I've been reading through this thread and I think I'm going to try picking up one of these Lara figures and doing the body swap so I have the character in my collection. However, I've never actually done or even attempted swapping out a sixth scale body before, so I was hoping to ask a couple of questions.

1. I can get either a TBLeague S25B or S27B body for the figure. Was there ever a consensus on which one of the two worked better.
2. Can someone recommend a place (that is in or ships to the US) to buy one of those blue tank top/under shirts?
3. How hard is it to take the clothing off a figure and put it on a new one? Should I expect this to be difficult or is it relatively easy?

I'd pick a TBL S25B everytime. Clothes already need some customization for the S25, let alone the even smaller S27.
This, or this (just dye it blue) should work good for the undershirt. And it's smaller so it fits the S25 better than some of the others.
Taking off the clothing is also fairly simple, and it helps that her vest is made out a stretchy type material. The vest is a POS though, so be prepared to get frustrated.
As for extra accessories, I recommend the climbing axes by AP Engineering. They look so much better than the SW versions, and you could always sell the SW versions on ebay and make a few bucks. Only thing is, they have to be painted. (Or you could buy my AP painted axes for only $90 CAD! lol)
I also like adding Glow Sticks, makes her look a bit more complete.

Also, back to clothing customization. You might have to beef up the S25's mid section to get those pants to fit. I usually wrap some paper towel around the waist, then tape it all up after. Unless you know how to sew 1/6 scale clothing, then I would do that!
One last thing I can think of, the hand and foot peg connectors. They were pretty loose on my S25 so you might have to use tape or something else to help keep them in place.
Her shoulder strap also needs some cutting/gluing/refitting as well.

And if you'd rather skip all of that, then one of the Xing Poptoys semi-seemless bodies would probably be the easier route. lol
poptoys.jpg

I own both the Poptoys body and the S25B and for me personally Poptoys is the winner. The clothes don’t need any altering and the proportions look better to me. My biggest gripe with the S25B is the super slim waist, enormous boobs and very fat looking arms compared to other figures. So overall I prefer Poptoys’s proportions even though the shoulders are a bit wider than S25B. Plus its also much easier to swap the clothes with since they fit perfectly.

The bodyswap is really straight forward! You just need to put some sticky tack up her head to make it fit just right on the neck but that’s basically it.

I would suggest getting the figure on KGHobby, its cheapest there and ebay is full of scammers that will just waste your time. A lot of these Hong Kong ebay sellers will claim they have an item in stock when in reality they don’t even have it.

I used this shirt:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/1-6-Female-...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I own both the Poptoys body and the S25B and for me personally Poptoys is the winner. The clothes don’t need any altering and the proportions look better to me. My biggest gripe with the S25B is the super slim waist, enormous boobs and very fat looking arms compared to other figures. So overall I prefer Poptoys’s proportions even though the shoulders are a bit wider than S25B. Plus its also much easier to swap the clothes with since they fit perfectly.

The bodyswap is really straight forward! You just need to put some sticky tack up her head to make it fit just right on the neck but that’s basically it.

I would suggest getting the figure on KGHobby, its cheapest there and ebay is full of scammers that will just waste your time. A lot of these Hong Kong ebay sellers will claim they have an item in stock when in reality they don’t even have it.

I used this shirt:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/1-6-Female-...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Thank you to you both - much appreciate for all of the tips. Definitely very helpful. I just ordered a figured off KG Hobby so I’m excited to get to work.

Any tips on where to find the Poptoys body? TNS seems to have a few but it’s just the large bust in both the pale and suntan skin. Would like to find the medium bust possible. I suppose I could always check eBay but would prefer to avoid that route if possible. Once I get the figure and body I’ll swap out the clothes and go from there.

Thank you both again for your tips.

It looks like ebay or aliexpress might currently be the only choices for a Poptoys body. Everyone seems to be sold out, or almost sold out.

Probably because every one of the cheaper manufacturers is using one for themselves. lol
-Ubtoys Claire
-Copycat Faith
-SWtoys Rebecca
-MTtoys Ellie
-CCtoys Ellie
-HH Claire

I don't know if all of them were Poptoys, but the body swaps I did on those figures all used a very similar style that Poptoys uses. lol

Last edited:
Alright...I guess I'll gamble on eBay and hope I don't get burned lol. There's someone that is selling them from China for $40, does that seem legitimate?

Alright...I guess I'll gamble on eBay and hope I don't get burned lol. There's someone that is selling them from China for $40, does that seem legitimate?
Is that USD? Then yeah, thats legit. They were never really expensive to begin with. In fact, they used to be even cheaper.
Just make sure to double check those numbers, or you might end up with the visible joints version.

poptoys.jpg

Is that USD? Then yeah, thats legit. They were never really expensive to begin with. In fact, they used to be even cheaper.
Just make sure to double check those numbers, or you might end up with the visible joints version.

View attachment 560300
Yeah, it's US. This is the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163814747015
The suntan midbust is available, so if you think that's legit, I'll order it right now.

Thanks again - this is my first time ever trying to do custom anything so I appreciate your feedback more than you know.

Got a Lara figure from KG Hobby and a Poptoys body off eBay. Just gotta track down a blue undershirt and I can get started putting it together once everything arrives. Will check out some of those accessory suggestions over the weekend. Thank you both for your help!!

Got a Lara figure from KG Hobby and a Poptoys body off eBay. Just gotta track down a blue undershirt and I can get started putting it together once everything arrives. Will check out some of those accessory suggestions over the weekend. Thank you both for your help!!
Hey just a heads up, I bought a poptoys body from ebay and it said it was pre order. But ebay doesnt allow for pre order products and wont offer you a refund after three months.

So about four months later I was starting to get worried because it was long past the supposed release date and seller would just give me excuses. I tried appealing for a refund but ebay didnt side with me and I never got my money back.

If they dont ship it within 3 weeks (normally i give em 2 weeks but i believe its chinese new year holiday rn which means all webshops are closed atm) just immediately cancel cause theyre scamming you.

Hey just a heads up, I bought a poptoys body from ebay and it said it was pre order. But ebay doesnt allow for pre order products and wont offer you a refund after three months.

So about four months later I was starting to get worried because it was long past the supposed release date and seller would just give me excuses. I tried appealing for a refund but ebay didnt side with me and I never got my money back.

If they dont ship it within 3 weeks (normally i give em 2 weeks but i believe its chinese new year holiday rn which means all webshops are closed atm) just immediately cancel cause theyre scamming you.
Thanks for the heads up! My rule with eBay has always been never to buy anything on pre-order there, for that exact reason. The one in the link I posted above was in stock and apparently already shipped, so I think I'm in good shape. At least hopefully haha. I'll keep a close eye on the tracking.

The biggest obstacle now is just finding the blue tank top. Unfortunately, the one in the link you suggested above is perfect, but they don't ship to the US, so my search continues. Thankfully I have some time before the figure and body arrive, so I'll keep trying to find something.

C37E3629-80FF-4E2E-9778-DF8AAF464155.jpeg
A30E0431-9E1C-4CB5-AD1E-6B97615C18C7.jpeg

The shirt I ordered to make a more accurate harness has finally arrived. The color is a bit too vibrant when compared to the game but it’s a lot closer of a match than the darkblue swtoys harness.. The camera makes it look a lot more vibrant than it is in real life.

As you can see the fit is horrible so will ask my mom either to teach me to sew or do it for me 😅

Next step will be to paint the black pattern on with leatherpaint.

Hopefully this turns out well..

Back