Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 565022

Has anyone bought this headsculpt and knows if the skintone looks ok on phicen?
I bought a much cheaper recast on aliexpress once of this sculpt. But the skintone is a really weird orange/yellow. But the sculpt in this photo seems a lot lighter.
I know it's been awhile since you asked this (I guess I missed it somehow). But in case you're still wondering!... Lol
I've purchased four of these sculpts over the years, and literally every one of them has had a different tone. Only one of those sculpts was a close match to TBLeague's Suntan skin tone.
Once I've finished my Shadow Lara, I plan on seeing what I can do with one of these older sculpts. Thinking maybe a full repaint or something. :unsure:

I know it's been awhile since you asked this (I guess I missed it somehow). But in case you're still wondering!... Lol
I've purchased four of these sculpts over the years, and literally every one of them has had a different tone. Only one of those sculpts was a close match to TBLeague's Suntan skin tone.
Once I've finished my Shadow Lara, I plan on seeing what I can do with one of these older sculpts. Thinking maybe a full repaint or something. :unsure:
That’s interesting! I own one of these recasts from a different seller but the skintone is straight up yellow and looks horrible on every body. So its basically unusable unless I have it fully repainted 😐. Wish I could find an original 2.0 sculpt somewhere.
I love the 3.0 sculpt but it’d be nice to have one of my three lara’s with the 2.0 head just for the sake of variety 😅

1F85D0A8-929C-42FC-843A-B1F08B6307B1.jpeg

😇🙈

Here’s my trilogy for now.

Just took a quick photo, I will try to figure out some sort of composition and do some reposing soon to make it more pleasing to the eye.

Mostly just wanted to show how awful the aliexpress bootleg 2.0 sculpt looks. My Rise Lara looks like she’s termanilly ill with the yellow skintone 🥲

I wish I could find a local artist that would be able to repaint it as the sculpt itself is good.

11C33942-AA0B-4221-8BD0-1BA0FB5EA2E2.jpeg

Im giving my Croft 1.0 sculpted hair.

Wasn’t a fan of this sculpt at first because the likeness isnt really there and the hair is a mess. But with the sculpted fringes from the 2.0 head, it hides more of her face which helps with the likeness imo.

Using clay to sculpt the hair on her head and then using the ponytail from the play arts kai figure to bring it all together.

Will update when it’s all done

Attachments

• B7617220-03F7-452C-A3BA-508F7DDA57B8.jpeg
    B7617220-03F7-452C-A3BA-508F7DDA57B8.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 479A7BBB-7D4C-4457-9077-3BFCF0B98C21.jpeg
    479A7BBB-7D4C-4457-9077-3BFCF0B98C21.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 29
  • F717CE58-9A70-4F51-9899-2132F5D69C12.jpeg
    F717CE58-9A70-4F51-9899-2132F5D69C12.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 30
Master Team should be announcing a Rise of the Tomb Raider Lara soon.
Finally some good news for TR collectors!
I've been waiting some time now for a good Rise Lara, and MT has a pretty talented group of folks.
I really hope they can do Lara some justice after the bland SWtoys versions we've gotten over the years.

Here’s my trilogy for now.

Just took a quick photo, I will try to figure out some sort of composition and do some reposing soon to make it more pleasing to the eye.

Mostly just wanted to show how awful the aliexpress bootleg 2.0 sculpt looks. My Rise Lara looks like she’s termanilly ill with the yellow skintone 🥲

I wish I could find a local artist that would be able to repaint it as the sculpt itself is good.

View attachment 573148
Looks great man!
I recommend trying pastels to lighten up the tone on the 2.0 sculpt if you don't want to get any paint involved. I tried it on one of mine awhile back and it seemed to blend in with TBL's Suntan body color a bit more. I think the yellow tone is due the sculpt itself having been molded in a flesh-like color, so it kinda bleeds through the paint.
I'm still repainting mine over and over, but due to the way it was originally sculpted, I don't think any amount of re-paints will ever make it look exactly like Lara. lol
I'm gonna keep trying though!

Holy censored was not expecting that. Lara has barely gotten any love in the 1/6 community.
She doesn’t but they should also give us some old school Lara and maybe less on the reboot(sure the reboot a “hit” or okay especially the third one so surprised they didn’t produced more 1/6 action figures when the games where coming out, maybe there’s not a huge demand for Lara or those games) 😇 she sure does get pricey statues though not really 1/6 figure and some random action figures here there.

Master Team should be announcing a Rise of the Tomb Raider Lara soon.
That’s fantastic news!! Master Team has definitely shown they can make nice stuff. I hope they give Lara the 1/6 figure she deserves. Always preferred her jungle look so a Shadow version would have been great, but Rise has some cool looks too so I’m excited to see what comes out.

Back