Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell. Those dont even show up in my ebay when I search lol. Maybe theyre not shipping to my country. Anyway that’s insane for how crap the figure is 😅
Those old swtoys figures are rare/expensive especially the ones that people are seeking now. I mean you can always hope for a breakdown.

I just stumbled upon this custom headsculpt.
Im gonna be honest here, the painter is obviously very talented and it’s very detailed. But if it wasn’t for the hairstyle that head doesn’t strike me as lara at all. The mouth area throws the likeness off and it’s giving me Sandra Bullock.
Your opinions?

Attachments

• 4F94FD92-2CD1-4443-B9F4-094CACB4514A.png
    4F94FD92-2CD1-4443-B9F4-094CACB4514A.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 83
From the eyes to the nose looks alright
1640677243382.png

But that distance between the nose and the top lip is what kills an otherwise good sculpt
1640677397996.png

I just stumbled upon this custom headsculpt.
Im gonna be honest here, the painter is obviously very talented and it’s very detailed. But if it wasn’t for the hairstyle that head doesn’t strike me as lara at all. The mouth area throws the likeness off and it’s giving me Sandra Bullock.
Your opinions?
That's definitely one of the best Lara sculpts out there, even if it isn't 100% accurate.
But 240 euro?? In my country's currency (plus shipping) I'd be looking at around $400. No thanks. It would have to be a lot better for that price. lol
Plus it looks like an exact copy of the current SWToys sculpt.

That's definitely one of the best Lara sculpts out there, even if it isn't 100% accurate.
But 240 euro?? In my country's currency (plus shipping) I'd be looking at around $400. No thanks. It would have to be a lot better for that price. lol
Plus it looks like an exact copy of the current SWToys sculpt.
Im gonna go out on a limb and even say the SWtoys one looks better. It doesnt have the same amount of detail of course but the face is instantly recognisable as Lara. Also dont mind my gaming characters to not be as realistic as for example hot toys since in game models don’t even look that realistic.

If they fix the mouth, I might consider it but yea it’s rather pricey.

Guess who just had a great deal on ebay?!

I was able to lowball the seller to $200 and for me its only $20 shipping.

Im so excited! The figure itself is nothing special but with the tbleague body I have and the new 3.0 headsculpt its gonna be sick!
It's good to hear that some ebay sellers can still be reasonable. I might have to try that with the other seller. lol

I managed to grab a GT Toys Explorer kit from TNS Figures this week for $100. Was going to post it up on here to see if anyone else would be interested as well, but it literally went out of stock right after my purchase. lol
I kind of put off buying the Explorer kit for some time, but then started thinking it might be the only Alicia version of Lara we'll ever get (until the 2nd movie comes out at least).
But man, one really does have to snatch these figures up the second they become available, or simply accept that you might not ever get one at all. 🥲

It's good to hear that some ebay sellers can still be reasonable. I might have to try that with the other seller. lol

I managed to grab a GT Toys Explorer kit from TNS Figures this week for $100. Was going to post it up on here to see if anyone else would be interested as well, but it literally went out of stock right after my purchase. lol
I kind of put off buying the Explorer kit for some time, but then started thinking it might be the only Alicia version of Lara we'll ever get (until the 2nd movie comes out at least).
But man, one really does have to snatch these figures up the second they become available, or simply accept that you might not ever get one at all. 🥲
O wow! I actually bought that kit at TNS last week and after I bought mine it went out of stock immediately too. How are they still getting new stock? Or do they just keep finding them around their warehouse 😅

It took me longer than it should have for me to remember that Alicia Vikander had played Lara Croft. I kept looking at the figures thinking "Who is she!?". The game ones don't look too bad. If the heads on those were hollow then heating and squishing them could help the likeness a little. They look a little elongated, which can often happen when they're cast.

O wow! I actually bought that kit at TNS last week and after I bought mine it went out of stock immediately too. How are they still getting new stock? Or do they just keep finding them around their warehouse 😅
That's odd. Maybe they thought they only had one left, but then found another kit in some corner somewhere. Happens to me all the time whenever I go looking through my own stuff. :lol

Anyone perhaps still know what the original retail price was for swtoys’s sottr figure if you pre ordered?

I just saw it on kghobby and it seems cheaper than i remember

Im making preparations for the arrival of my SWtoys 1.0 figure!

I traced the outline of the scarf that came with my VTS Toys Ghost of battlefield figure on some grey fabric and made the scarf for the Remnant jacket.

I gave the S25B body with the blue tanktop a much needed breast reduction (cut under the boob, take out some silicone, superglue it shut again while pressing down hard). I think I might’ve put the boobs a bit low, so maybe I’ll open the cut up again and reglue it a little higher.
For comparison a new out of box S25B body with the GT Toys clothes on. You can see how ridiculously big the bust is.

I will probably put some plastic wrap around the waist as well as it is cartoonishly small. Especially when you compare it to something like the Abigail body which is relatively the same in height.

And yes Im still working on the fit of that headsculpt in the last picture. The neck is obviously way too long right now lol. Reminds me of that promo poster for the tomb raider movie with the horribly photoshopped neck..

Attachments

• 094935F2-8B9B-4290-A23B-E4AFECF08ECB.jpeg
    094935F2-8B9B-4290-A23B-E4AFECF08ECB.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 57AA6CC4-21D5-431D-83C6-C46A6C25DE03.jpeg
    57AA6CC4-21D5-431D-83C6-C46A6C25DE03.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 4A3D869C-9B31-43B4-A0EB-CE5E0A516E13.jpeg
    4A3D869C-9B31-43B4-A0EB-CE5E0A516E13.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 87
Anyone perhaps still know what the original retail price was for swtoys’s sottr figure if you pre ordered?

I just saw it on kghobby and it seems cheaper than i remember
Mine was around $145 USD when I got it from Giantoy.
Im making preparations for the arrival of my SWtoys 1.0 figure!

I traced the outline of the scarf that came with my VTS Toys Ghost of battlefield figure on some grey fabric and made the scarf for the Remnant jacket.

I gave the S25B body with the blue tanktop a much needed breast reduction (cut under the boob, take out some silicone, superglue it shut again while pressing down hard). I think I might’ve put the boobs a bit low, so maybe I’ll open the cut up again and reglue it a little higher.
For comparison a new out of box S25B body with the GT Toys clothes on. You can see how ridiculously big the bust is.

I will probably put some plastic wrap around the waist as well as it is cartoonishly small. Especially when you compare it to something like the Abigail body which is relatively the same in height.

And yes Im still working on the fit of that headsculpt in the last picture. The neck is obviously way too long right now lol. Reminds me of that promo poster for the tomb raider movie with the horribly photoshopped neck..
You're braver than I would be, cutting up a TBLeague body like that! lol
On the plus side though, it looks like TB is finally making the highly requested small bust body:
164929axyu5558558n5x5x.jpg

The downside is that the S25/24 series are 278mm, and these are supposedly 290mm. I'm not sure if thats with the head sculpt connected though.
Looks like us TR collectors will have to wait until they release these in a 278mm height version.

Ive been experimenting with Angelus leatherpaint a while ago to restore the pleather on my black widow (which was a success) and figured that if I could get a regular blue tanktop.

I could probably paint the design for the sottr top on it with the leatherpaint. This type of paint is made to be used to paint on top of fabric. Often used for designs on shoes and such.

Of course I couldnt find anything similar for female on ebay, but I did find this top for a male body. I just pray its a good fit, if it’s not I might be able to shrink it a little in the dryer.

I’ll let you know how it goes, but since this is from china it will probably be a month before it even arrives

Attachments

• 77A99885-11F1-4A04-9B27-43CF8191B1D0.png
    77A99885-11F1-4A04-9B27-43CF8191B1D0.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Wanted to share some progress on my reborn 2013 Lara.

I started off with making the bow, love how it turned out. Just used some sticks from my garden, superglued it together. Some brown paint, white wire and the handle is made from a cut up white mouth mask.

For the boots I used some recasted Scarlet Witch ones from ebay. They look pretty close to the ones in the game. They will look awesome with a brown wash and some weathering.

The Archery glove I made sucks, I’ll need to find something thinner to wrap the hand with..

I can’t figure out what material the quiver is made out of and I think I’m better off using leather for the wire around it than that rope Im using now.

I decided to shorten the arrows. Since lara carries them on her back and they only stick out a bit above her shoulder and all the arrows I have are a lot longer than that. You can see where I glued them but overall not too bad.

Im still deciding if Im gonna use green or beige trousers. In a lot of promo material theyre green but in the game theyre brown/beige. The green pants that came with the GT Toys set fit perfectly on S25B but the beige pants are way too big for the body but can’t really find an alternative so that’s been a struggle.

Made a new version of the rope with more accurate material. ( the white one )

9C324EAF-3928-4B07-B694-74962FAFEC9A.jpeg

Attachments

• 019E926A-8455-4084-B988-B71CED9B4042.jpeg
    019E926A-8455-4084-B988-B71CED9B4042.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1E44EDF8-8206-482D-994E-F42DEDDB5171.jpeg
    1E44EDF8-8206-482D-994E-F42DEDDB5171.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 51
  • FD961926-E0A3-458D-8554-0E50D5D97BC8.jpeg
    FD961926-E0A3-458D-8554-0E50D5D97BC8.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 45
  • AE0C594E-C72D-49D6-8EE7-51E8EC2E19EE.jpeg
    AE0C594E-C72D-49D6-8EE7-51E8EC2E19EE.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 48
  • B7D6CE0A-FA45-4866-BC9C-3201ACD8803A.jpeg
    B7D6CE0A-FA45-4866-BC9C-3201ACD8803A.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 97A07A8B-F99F-49F1-9CD5-C2E4EBEC48A5.jpeg
    97A07A8B-F99F-49F1-9CD5-C2E4EBEC48A5.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 45
  • 35FDCEA8-B24A-49CA-AC07-853B570421CC.jpeg
    35FDCEA8-B24A-49CA-AC07-853B570421CC.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 44
Ive been experimenting with Angelus leatherpaint a while ago to restore the pleather on my black widow (which was a success) and figured that if I could get a regular blue tanktop.

I could probably paint the design for the sottr top on it with the leatherpaint. This type of paint is made to be used to paint on top of fabric. Often used for designs on shoes and such.

Of course I couldnt find anything similar for female on ebay, but I did find this top for a male body. I just pray its a good fit, if it’s not I might be able to shrink it a little in the dryer.

I’ll let you know how it goes, but since this is from china it will probably be a month before it even arrives
I'm going to have to give that paint a try yet. I've been airbrushing my clothes with enamel paint lately and it's been a pain to say the least.
Wanted to share some progress on my reborn 2013 Lara.

I started off with making the bow, love how it turned out. Just used some sticks from my garden, superglued it together. Some brown paint, white wire and the handle is made from a cut up white mouth mask.

For the boots I used some recasted Scarlet Witch ones from ebay. They look pretty close to the ones in the game. They will look awesome with a brown wash and some weathering.

The Archery glove I made sucks, I’ll need to find something thinner to wrap the hand with..

I can’t figure out what material the quiver is made out of and I think I’m better off using leather for the wire around it than that rope Im using now.

I decided to shorten the arrows. Since lara carries them on her back and they only stick out a bit above her shoulder and all the arrows I have are a lot longer than that. You can see where I glued them but overall not too bad.

Im still deciding if Im gonna use green or beige trousers. In a lot of promo material theyre green but in the game theyre brown/beige. The green pants that came with the GT Toys set fit perfectly on S25B but the beige pants are way too big for the body but can’t really find an alternative so that’s been a struggle.

Made a new version of the rope with more accurate material. ( the white one )

View attachment 554326
The pants I used seem to shrink a little when I airbrushed them. But yeah, finding anything that fits properly is hard with the S25/24 bodies. But your Lara is pretty good so far. I actually had the same idea with the Scarlet Witch boots. I cut off little pieces of the tongue/boot flap sides and glued them closer together. lol Luckily I didn't have to use them (got a set from Project A).
If you need some axes, check out the ones by AP Engineering. They have to be painted but I really like them. So much better than the ones SWtoys makes.

20220106_235639.jpg

I still need to go back in with the air brush and correct some of the colors on the clothing. I get too distracted by my other projects. lol

F11018E7-DA82-4D16-8F83-7E6AB850E569.jpeg

Got my Shadow figure from KGHobby. I wanted to throw myself off a cliff during assembling this thing………. Everytime I moved one thing another thing would move or fall off. The quiver falling off constantly and the harness moving all over the place omg Im considering glueing it to the vest so it stops moving. I’m now using a piece of sticky tack to keep it in place but I don’t think it’s strong enough to hold it.

I tried the S25B bc the head to body proportions are the most accurate with the game model. But the clothes do not fit that body at all. The pants are extremely baggy and the vest is way too big. It looks like a child trying to cosplay.

I settled for a Poptoys body, the clothes fit perfectly only downside is that the arms don’t have the muscle definition, but I don’t know any alternative except for the impossible to find Abigail body.

The arms have pretty limited articulation and the handpegs are held in place with sticky tack so they’re constantly falling off during posing 😩

S25B in second photo, Poptoys + S25B next to each other in last photo

Attachments

• 798E68FB-8B29-43C6-8B6C-5F898BB118B1.jpeg
    798E68FB-8B29-43C6-8B6C-5F898BB118B1.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 93
  • ABECE2F7-203C-4279-8183-E4B062A27F79.jpeg
    ABECE2F7-203C-4279-8183-E4B062A27F79.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 96
So finished my SOTTR figure today. And happy with how it turned out.

The harness and I once again did not get along well. After an hour of futzing I caved and just cut the thing up in pieces completely reglued everything to get it to be an exact fit for the body.

Same thing for the quiver, glued it to the harness in the exact position it’s supposed to be in instead of letting it flop around.

I actually found that with all the gaming character figures I own, the arrows always look too long in the quiver. But when in an archery pose they seem to be the right length.

I think the game designers make the arrows in the quiver intentionally shorter, because the arrows are too distracting in the third person view from the back.

If you take Swtoys’s arrows for example they stick out quite a bit above Lara’s head, in the game they go just a bit past her shoulders.

So I swapped them out for the much smaller play arts kai Rise figures arrows.

Made myself a little sheath and added an ammo pouch on her belt.

F3D11F01-8D26-4CBB-98F1-43E35C0B21EB.jpeg
3D4F78A1-7303-4F7C-8C70-0673BB1F0C5F.jpeg

If you look at this figure as an action-figure, this would be a bad one. Simply because the poptoys seamless arms and legs offer barely any articulation combined with the hardplastic boots and impossible to work with hands.

But look at it as a statue, I think this is the best mixed material SOTTR statue you can get. The figure is actually very detailed and nicely done.

Sure it ain’t hot toys, but look at any other mass produced statue from the games, they all look much worse in terms of paint application and detail than this figure.

Overall, Im really happy with how she turned out and don’t regret picking her up.

Attachments

• 8E63D337-2C95-4579-9849-2A3DACD1E0CB.jpeg
    8E63D337-2C95-4579-9849-2A3DACD1E0CB.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 70
  • D72117FF-9BF0-4D12-BBC5-1DF57EC0FF2F.jpeg
    D72117FF-9BF0-4D12-BBC5-1DF57EC0FF2F.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back