Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You seem to be as addicted as I am, Nate! I also bought a Marmit trooper (sidekick for my DX07 guy), but mine is really yellow, so I will give him the H2O2 Batch ...

I have two of those marmit`s one with the box and the other with out the box I just have to put them together but im lazy . but when I do put these two stormies together I will have at least 6 stormtroopers in my collection

Figured this would be the best place to ask...

I recently bought a marmit stormtrooper kit (my first one), It came loose. Everything seems legit. I'm unsure if the helmet is actually a marmit. Its just a shell. There's no mounting point at all.
[]

Hi Nate! The Marmit Sandtrooper Sergeant kit (white pauldron) had a hollow, moulded, helmet-shaped shell filling the helmet with a small hole where a flanged or ribbed neck post would pop in, permitting swivel but no tilt, if I recall...been a while since I've seen a stock kit.

The Squad Leader kit and the stormtrooper kit had no such pieces but came with hollow helmets; the helmets were to be filled with adhesive strips of open-cell foam to have them sit right on a blank, bulb-shaped post.

For my own kits I just use the high tech solution of folded kitchen towel to get the helmets sitting right; I don't use actual head sculpts underneath.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two of those marmit`s one with the box and the other with out the box I just have to put them together but im lazy . but when I do put these two stormies together I will have at least 6 stormtroopers in my collection

Please show us your troops !!!

My ´troops´ (current status in H2O2):

CIMG0869 small.jpg

Talk about water treatment. But I never seen this treatment before. What's happening here?

The old hydrogen-peroxide-bath-exposed-to-natural-sunlight-to-mobilize-bromines-via-UV-radiation-catalysis trick. ;)

Strong sunlight is a rare thing at my place these days. I am going to leave it standing outside for a couple of days ...

That should do...three hours of winter sunlight can work, but of course it depends on the degree of the yellowing.

The plastic batch complicates things too, as the colour across all those Marmit kits wasn't quite consistent, near as I can tell from handling several in-hand over time.

That should do...three hours of winter sunlight can work, but of course it depends on the degree of the yellowing.

The plastic batch complicates things too, as the colour across all those Marmit kits wasn't quite consistent, near as I can tell from handling several in-hand over time.

Very interesting, thank you! How many troopers do you own?

Very interesting, thank you! How many troopers do you own?

Over time I had ... Something like nine in total...sandtroopers and stormtroopers. Some purchased MIB and others loose or even piecemeal, and over the last year sold most kits off either built up or loose.

For myself I'm keeping just two Marmit Sandtroopers to display with the upcoming SSC R2; customized with SSC parts here and there.

I also have two SSC snowtroopers with the probe droid, and plan on snagging one or two scouts when released.

Given unlimited space I would have loved to have amassed a huge collection of troops but I prefer sparse displays that make use of negative space. Probably the only thing that kept me from going to town on my bank account. :D

Given unlimited space I would have loved to have amassed a huge collection of troops but I prefer sparse displays that make use of negative space.

i'm with you here, i've sold off a chunk of my collection due to overcrowded shelves(and some other reasons). Now looking at shelves with 3 figures or less they really look better than 5-6 figures

i'm with you here, i've sold off a chunk of my collection due to overcrowded shelves(and some other reasons). Now looking at shelves with 3 figures or less they really look better than 5-6 figures

Yeah...depends partly on personal taste. If I had done massed troops, for me it would have been most effective to do a uniform group of plain stormtroopers, but I would have lost out on some cool pieces, so settling on fewer favourites from each film works for me.

That's whAt Ive been working on. I want to see as much detail as possible - even if it means less figures

With unlimited space I'd have a corridor a few miles long with 10x10 rooms down both sides. Each room would contain a single figure perfectly set just below eye level. On a hydraulic platform so that level could be adjusted for viewers of different heights. Trap door in the floor in case multiple people came in at one time and I needed to get rid of one or more stat.

Back