Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a sandy too. A squad leader. I don't know if there are differences in how the armor is built.

I am curious about the helmet for the sergeant. I saw that the figure has the pointy top like the AT-AT driver. Does that mean that you can't fit it on top of a head? Does anybody know?

Did you do that to yours, can it be done? I seem to remember the one you got a while ago was a Sergeant.

I only have two Marmits (squad leaders both) and those have the foam in the helmet and a round knob on the body.

That's the exact one I have i believe. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Nar...5266?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item33847d6ff2

Perhaps the biceps could be a bit smaller, but once the armor is there it will stay put. :)

Shocktrooper did you do anything with the crotch-area? If you look at my picture you se that the cod-piece is slanting inwards a bit. It does look worse in the picture because of bad posturing but it's there. I might try to do what Solo wrote and cut it up and try to re-position it a bit. I just need some courage first.

You can always try and blow dry first. On my latest Marmit, I just cut the abs portion and left the belt and cod piece attached, it works pretty well, but i replaced my abs with SS abs.

I used the hot toys rip off body and it was just a tad to tall for my liking, unless I cut the armor up the belt/cod piece was riding too high and too much leg gap was occurring between the thighs and cod piece.

I didn't take any pics. but the TT Slim is working, after i bulked it up with some plastic weld.

Here's some pics of the cut up armor and replacement abs. Not the best pics..

Not happy with the results...trying to beef up the gut.

Here's the revised pics:

Last edited:
Sorry, RavenEye, I deleted them because I felt the belt and cod piece needed to be cut so I could give him a bit bigger of a belly. I'm trying to go for the look of the guys pictured in "look sir, droids" scene. They were a bit fatter, and one was shorter. This will be my short fatter guy...still need to beef him up.

Here's a pic with one of my custom helmets, photoshopped on this figure, as the helmet's slightly too large.

Last edited:
I think it's an illusion, as if it was any bigger it would be the size of the helmet I put on top of it, which I cut and removed then resized smaller. So any bigger and it would be the same size of the oversized helmet. I'll try another angle.

;

I think it's an illusion,

I'm sure it's the photo, plus there's no sense in placing any stock in a quick photoshop edit. I know you have a good attention to detail and will knock it out of the park. Can't wait to see the final, but I'm enjoying the progress! The pictures I missed (for some reason) that were just quoted in the previous post, are IMO, phenomenal! But again, I'm not as critical of troopers as some people are, so I'm leaving it up to you to get all the nitty gritty figured out. ;)

female Shadowtrooper I built a few years back

10262456485_5c059366de_o.jpg

10262455815_5d0154a79f_o.jpg

10262235034_8ac1a4b6c4_o.jpg

10262235004_a67d096670_o.jpg

10262235444_b83839e85d_o.jpg

10262456255_c358d2da1b_o.jpg

That's an excellent use of the vinyl kit. Absolutely gorgeous work. Love what you did on the back.

I purchased one myself recently, working up a custom sandtrooper and dewback. Like yours, it's going to be inspired, not literal.

So I got the Truetype TTM22's yesterday. But they were awful short looking. I don't know if the TTM22 is that much shorter than the rest or if I got a parted figure that's even shorter than the standard. Fitting the Marmit armor will be impossible without cutting it up a bit. :slap:gah:

Other than that it looked a lot better with the cod piece on this figure.

So it still looks like my best option is trying to shave of a little on the biceps and do something with the posterior of the figure.

I guess if the original movie Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers had been hockey players or track and field athletes they would have the same problems. :rotfl

Back