Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done! Just forgot to add him:monkey3

OOM93.jpg
OOM94.jpg
OOM95.jpg
OOM96.jpg

...that is very nice....damn...now I might have to go shopping for an OOM and some droids...

I'm putting two marmit Sandtroopers together and want to have good feet and hand movement as well as a real head on them, so I am looking to swap bodies.

I read that quite a few people have used Dragon (DiD) bodies so I got one of ebay (neo 3 i think) and I have to say it's not that good. Totally naked it will stand but the wrists, hips, thighs and knees are very loose. Standing the figure works but after a while it starts to "rest on it's hip" -if you understand what I mean- and looks sort of girly for it, not a great look. I doubt it will stand on it's own with the armour and backpack. The other joints feet, shoulders, elbows are fine.

It's supposed to be new and looks like it. I got the impression online that this was a pretty sturdy body overall. Am I expecting to much or am I just unlucky?

I also got a few headplay bodies for another figure and those are great in every way. I tried the armour on that figure and it fit but very tightly (no hot water or hair dryer). The Dragon body has a little less bulk to it so it would be preferable.

Does anybody have any recommendations? On the Headplay body you can take it apart somewhat and tighten screws. I guess that would go a long way to fix things if that one if it ever started sagging in the joints.

I guess the "easy" solution is breaking out the dremel and sand paper and go to work on the headplay body but I would prefer not to if there is a good body out there for my purposes.

Last edited:
I'd use a TT narrow or slim for marmit troops. Very sturdy. Articulates well. Natural poses.

Yep don't use a DID (Dragon in Dreams) body, they're terrible. Dragon bodies are better, but the best to use for a marmit trooper is a HT slim torso and arms with a normal HT body's legs. The slim's legs are too thin for the thigh armour imo.

I have read somewhere that the Headplay is a copy of the Hot Toys Narrow shoulder and it's a great body, with a stiff sturdy feel to it. The TTM22 Slim is so expensive you can almost buy 3-4 different bodies for the price of one, but if those bodies are no good... :slap

I thought Dragon WAS DiD? Granted I'm new at this but they're different brands?

Edit: The body that I got (in the picture) what type is that then?

Last edited:
That's the exact body, the head makes it look sort of newish to me but I guess the actual body could be an older one.

The hips are very loose and the thighs spin 360 degrees, while that's probably a feature it's so loose that even if I get it to stand straight the leg spins and the hips come out. That is if it doesn't fall.

It looks kinda funny like he's in the middle of a dance step, but it's useless for what I was planning with it. It's like a bobble head except in the hips.

I guess I will try and complain to the seller and see what they say, but since it's a cheap buy from half around the world I already know how it will turn out.

Not bad. Very nice indeed.

Looks cool!!!

Thanks guys. I'm working on modifications to the helmet.

Right now I am sharpening the eye lenses, reducing the size of the mouth speaker, widening the back of the helmet and sharpening the nose bridge.

The black band can be sanded down so that you can make various positions of the band to either get the "move along" helmet look or the "stop that ship" helmet look. Right now, I think it's more along the lines of "look sir, droids" style.

Once these revisions are completed I will resize and print one out for testing.

I'd use a TT narrow or slim for marmit troops. Very sturdy. Articulates well. Natural poses.

I second that. I think they shrunk the TT Slim, and now it's too thin. The TT Narrow shoulder is the way to go.

Here's mine on an older slim:

Here it is with the headplay body, pics are suprisingly bad but you get the idea. Please excuse the mess.

nqpvy8.jpg

I haven't heated the plastic any it fit pretty good anyway. I don't know if it will work with the black suit on though, it's very tight on the biceps..

2dcgacw.jpg

There is no head under the helmet. I stuck the extra thigh-plastic in the neck hole and just balance the helmet on top, so it rides a little low probably.

We're getting into brokeback territory again, not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Anwe, that body looks pretty good. I think the key is having the back of the leg flow and match up to the booty. If there's gaps between the muscles of the legs and booty it looks off, and it's not accurate.

Basically we need to copy the body of that came with the Marmit, but obviously an alternative that has more flexibility and can stand on it's own.

The Marmit one piece abs, belt and cod piece flow nicely, just like the movies...but they are inflexible. I cut mine up and with a blow dryer and some plastic weld could make them flow again and look nice and tight, but still flex. Pictures coming soon...once I get my TT Narrow Shoulders...my slim is too skinny.

Also, Anwe, consider cutting the ankle so you can put feet inside the boot and make him stand more naturally....if that sort if thing is important to you. I used plastic weld to top off the boot and make it look more accurate and flow back into the shin guard....looks pretty good.

I think your helmet's not that far off....in the movie the helmets rested right on top of those pauldrons.

I bought some TT narrow shoulder and will be working one mine to beef them up a bit.

Last edited:
We're getting into brokeback territory again, not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

No, not at all. :rotfl

I am going to cut up the boot/calf thing to get movable feet. I haven't done anything to it, it has the fused-to-the-arms hands as well. The posture looks even worse because the figure stands at a downward slope.

I will do a bit of surgery and try a few different things. I ordered a couple of TTM22 to test. I bought the cheapest I could find but still it hurt a little.

Good call, good call.

I cut my hands and filled them with plastic weld and stuck TT pegs in there and used the hands, they work well and are proportionate. They can be reused on a TT body.

Also, I purchased this Hot Toys "like" body. It should arrive today and I will try it out and report back. It looks like a Marmit body, only with HT stiffness and flexibility....CHEAP, CHEAP!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261279447995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Good call, good call.

I cut my hands and filled them with plastic weld and stuck TT pegs in there and used the hands, they work well and are proportionate. They can be reused on a TT body.

Also, I purchased this Hot Toys "like" body. It should arrive today and I will try it out and report back. It looks like a Marmit body, only with HT stiffness and flexibility....CHEAP, CHEAP!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261279447995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When I bought my marmit the leg broke I had the knockoff tt handy and used that fits perfectl, I used sideshows hands

That's the exact one I have i believe. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Nar...5266?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item33847d6ff2

Perhaps the biceps could be a bit smaller, but once the armor is there it will stay put. :)

Shocktrooper did you do anything with the crotch-area? If you look at my picture you se that the cod-piece is slanting inwards a bit. It does look worse in the picture because of bad posturing but it's there. I might try to do what Solo wrote and cut it up and try to re-position it a bit. I just need some courage first.

That's the exact one I have i believe. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Nar...5266?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item33847d6ff2

Perhaps the biceps could be a bit smaller, but once the armor is there it will stay put. :)

Shocktrooper did you do anything with the crotch-area? If you look at my picture you se that the cod-piece is slanting inwards a bit. It does look worse in the picture because of bad posturing but it's there. I might try to do what Solo wrote and cut it up and try to re-position it a bit. I just need some courage first.

Just had a look mine seems fine, mine is a sandy though not sure if there was a difference

Back