Should KOTC have been made ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KOTCS rocked! Much better on multiple viewings. Not as good as any of the other ones but I still enjoyed. It shouldn't taint the other three though. If you don't like it don't watch and just pretend it doesn't exist but to go as far as to say as it ruined the first three is pretty crazy.

Ruin? No, taint a little bit...yes. There is a difference. Alien is still awesome even though Resurrection is ass. See?

Becuase frankly they arent the same thing. The two concepts of fantasy with the christian stuff and sci-fi with the aliens ar so different in feel, tone, and storytype that they are typically considered two completly different genres.

The change was jarring and not what aot of people (myelf included) were hoping for. People go to sequels to see the same concepts done in new ways, not something completely different and disconnected.
I agree 100% and this is coming from another atheist and a lover of Alien movies.

True. But Indy fans shouldnt have a problem with Aliens if they can buy God and all that. :lol

I actually, unlike most people ^ get the hate for the movie. Except the Aliens. If that's why you hate it, then go away. :lol But every other reason is sound. It's got a TON of problems. But I enjoyed it.

Yea I get it. I 100% agree. Some people were saying ruined which I don't agree with. Alien is still awesome and Raiders, ToD and LC are still ____ing awesome.

Thank you kind sir!

And Kingdom is awesome because it pisses religious people off...:lol

dismissivewank.gif

Nope, it's because it's not a good movie.

Lets see you make a better movie then!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lets see Spielberg make a better Indy movie. Then everybody wins.

I don't hate KOTCS. But it kinda feels like the Saturday morning cartoon version of Indy.

I would love an Indy cartoon.... :drool

Come on lucky seven!!!

dismissivewank.gif

I did not mind the Aliens plot but the film itself was just AWFUL!!! I am not a huge fan of TLC either but at least that had some great moments (tank chase).

Nothing, I mean NOTHING, stands out in KOTCS other than how bad it is. MST3K could have a field day with this film. I have posted my thoughts about this film in other threads so I won't repost everything here but I am really amazed at the fact that there was so much talent involved in this film and this was the final product. Just Awful.

Last edited:
As far as an answer to your question. I don't care that they made it because I don't ever have to watch it again.

I gave the film a second chance in the theaters and a third on Blu ray. The only reason it got those chances is because I am an Indy fan. But that is probably it for me. There is no reason to watch this.

Lets see you make a better movie then!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I probably could, or at the very least fix KOTCS. Seriously.

Lets see Spielberg make a better Indy movie. Then everybody wins.

I don't hate KOTCS. But it kinda feels like the Saturday morning cartoon version of Indy.

I would love an Indy cartoon.... :drool

Come on lucky seven!!!

dismissivewank.gif

:lol

I did not mind the Aliens plot but the film itself was just AWFUL!!! I am not a huge fan of TLC either but at least that had some great moments (tank chase).

Nothing, I mean NOTHING, stands out in KOTCS other than how bad it is. MST3K could have a field day with this film. I have posted my thoughts about this film in other threads so I won't repost everything here but I am really amazed at the fact that there was so much talent involved in this film and this was the final product. Just Awful.

:goodpost: Although I still feel like it's still salvageable as a film.

I thought the opening warehouse sequence was great.... past that it was somewhat disappointing.. buuut.. I still liked seeing Indy on screen again... plus it did breathe new life into Indy collecting... I must be one of the few that does hope another Indy film will be produced...

I dont think you could make a better Indy film.

Why? Because not everyone would be satisfyed, and will _____ and moan. :D

So best bet is to try something different (KOTCS) see if it worked (not really all that well) and then try something else. Unlike Lucas, SS isnt an idiot. He can take critisim. He'll make the new one good. I have faith.

Still _____ing about KotCS. Wow.

It's fine though, I still _____ about everything Star Wars past Empire....

I thought the opening warehouse sequence was great.... past that it was somewhat disappointing.. buuut.. I still liked seeing Indy on screen again... plus it did breathe new life into Indy collecting... I must be one of the few that does hope another Indy film will be produced...

Bingo. If you were a child in the 80's, running from TRU-to-TRU trying to find Indy in the jacket, but only coming up with German disguise Indy each time...then to have 2 films after that come up dry on the merchandising end...then KotCS was answered prayer.

I never thought I'd live to see so much Indy ____, and I'm enjoying it. Oh and honestly, the movie is pretty damn awesome until they reach the jungle.

I can't get past the 40 minute opening. Raiders is my favorite movie, then TOD then LC. I love Indy like Tron Guy loves Tron.

Tryed 3 times to watch CS on DVD, fell asleep twice during the 40 mintue warehouse opening (and I NEVER fall asleep during movies.) The other time I made it to when hes talking about the Crop circle crap and just thought what am I watching? Turned it off. Never finished it on DVD, I just can't, it sucks way way too much.

George Lucas is a washed up tool.

Speilberg lets his cinematographer do all his work.

Ray Winstone's character was retarded.

Karen Allen can't act for ____.

Shai is a cry baby.

John Hurt was wasted.

Connery's legacy was ____ on.

Monkeys

Groundhogs

Repetitive nut shot jokes

a Nuclear explosion survived at point blank rendering simple humans non threatening by comparison

Living Aliens and Spaceships are stupid. The unknown is far more interesting. Indy didn't watch Belloq melt, God didn't have to come out alive and ____ing explain it to him afterwards.

The villains sucked. Visually non stimulating drab and totally inept.

They missed an oppurtunity for a fight between russians and Natives.

Too much CGI

TOO MUCH CGI

The pacing was not Indy.

The ending was not Indy.

The greatest adventurer ever is married and has a kid. They chopped his balls off and gave him too much responsiblity to be going out risking his life anymore.

Riding into the Sunset = Perfect Ending

Marriage with Tool teen hearthrob joke about taking over franchise = Ruined Franchise

By comparison to that list, this :

Life Raft
Heart Rip
Mine Shaft "Jump"

Is Dark Knight Nolan ultra realistic.

Last edited:

Ah, the old and tired "well let's see you write a better movie" arguement.

According to that logic, I have no right to complain at a restaraunt if my food is burnt because im not a chef.

Ah, the old and tired "well let's see you write a better movie" arguement.

According to that logic, I have no right to complain at a restaraunt if my food is burnt because im not a chef.

CelticP was joking.

BUT It's true I can't make a better film. but mine would not have been much worse.

Why? Because not everyone would be satisfyed, and will _____ and moan. :D

So best bet is to try something different (KOTCS) see if it worked (not really all that well) and then try something else. Unlike Lucas, SS isnt an idiot. He can take critisim. He'll make the new one good. I have faith.

Perhaps he was not joking....

Anyways people would have been satisfyed had the film been good and not just been the crap fest it was. It's not just a bad Indiana Jones film. It's a bad movie period.

Back