Should Hot Toys re-release Preds? Yes or No? Opinions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one would like it if they (Hot Toys) made some new/reissued Preds, It wouldn't necessarily detract from the Value of the original figures. How many times have GiJoes been re-made? The original figures still remain a high valued collectible. It would allow a broader range of people access to the figures.
Just my 2 cents

I for one would like it if they (Hot Toys) made some new/reissued Preds, It wouldn't necessarily detract from the Value of the original figures. How many times have GiJoes been re-made? The original figures still remain a high valued collectible. It would allow a broader range of people access to the figures.
Just my 2 cents
:goodpost::exactly:

Just my 2 cents

well how often are Gijoes remade?

YES! HT should re-release every single thing with a secondary market value that's too high for the babybirds to afford. However, they should slap a $700 pricetag on them all so we can enjoy 200 more redundant, "Do you wish HT would lower the price of their re-released products?" threads. :wink1:

Bottom line, if you can't afford it. Get over it and move on. :huh

YES! HT should re-release every single thing with a secondary market value that's too high for the babybirds to afford. However, they should slap a $700 pricetag on them all so we can enjoy 200 more redundant, "Do you wish HT would lower the price of their re-released products?" threads. :wink1:

Bottom line, if you can't afford it. Get over it and move on. :huh

:exactly::goodpost:

ive had over 50 $200-400+ figures and ive never once thought i hope they dont release the figure again down the line.

Infact just a week ago they decide to re release something i already own of Medicom and it looks better and is coming in slighly cheaper than the one i have. But i WELCOME that. I still have my figure. And if i want i can upgrade to a new version.

Because thats logic not just trying to stick it to people who have sense over money.

I think all successful toy companies down the line end up re-releasing figures and such. I am not certain how I feel about them doing that but if they did, I wouldn't lash out and never purchase anything from them again. The fact that I got in this game really late compared to other people, I had to pay secondary market prices for most of my figures. I held out for a month or 2 on most to get the best deals I could possible snag up.

In either case I love the figures but upon purchasing them I do want my collection to increase in value overtime. I think someone who says they do not care about that are full of it but what do I know(I am not greedy but I do want something I invest my money in to maybe be worth more years down the road, especially since its classified as a collectible). I think the real question is if they release remake figures will it decrease the original's? Who knows, I think at first it may but over time it may increase the original's value even more(everyone wants the first editions).

I for one think that Hot Toys has plenty of other figures they can release from the predator line then to start making remake figures already. There are Tons of Human Figures I am certain everyone would love to see come out, as well as other predators. Be creative maybe and do some concept predators? Ones there were not even in the movies!!! Now that would be cool IMHO. I am not certain there license for the line allows them do that though :(

Since I don't have a Pred 2 Elder, I'm rooting for a re-release. The sculpting and painting technics at Hot Toys have improved drastically over the last years. Read all over the boards that the Pred 2 Elder looks fantastic. What will it look when 'modern technics' are unleashed on this baby.

I will say no , since if they do that what will be the point of calling them collectables , if they are going to make endless numbers of them , the originals will drop their prices if they do that and a lot of people will complaint

Since I don't have a Pred 2 Elder, I'm rooting for a re-release. The sculpting and painting technics at Hot Toys have improved drastically over the last years. Read all over the boards that the Pred 2 Elder looks fantastic. What will it look when 'modern technics' are unleashed on this baby.

This is the one I'm rooting for:rock

Thread title should be renamed, "Should Hot Toys turn into NECA?" :lol

I dunno... Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch (and we all remember Stuntman Mike), but have you see their 1/4 Predator pics lately? An extra $40 for a 19" piece seems to go a long way, I guess.

I dunno... Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch (and we all remember Stuntman Mike), but have you see their 1/4 Predator pics lately? An extra $40 for a 19" piece seems to go a long way, I guess.

It looks great, and I might even buy it if the paint apps don't look like they were finger-painted on by some blind kid chained to a milk crate and fed cockroaches in a damp, humid and dark Hong Kong sweatshop. But that said, there's a considerable difference between a company that pumps out millions of figures on the cheap, to mass markets (focusing on kids), and a collectible company that meticulously makes high-end collectibles, from body to paint, directly aimed at the adult small collectible community.

Back