Should Hot Toys re-release Preds? Yes or No? Opinions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cm87

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Now, I was thinking the other day that the new Preds that are coming out like Berserker and Falconer are more life accurate when it comes to their body mass than the old figures. It would be a great idea if Hot Toys would re-release them in more life accurate body mass. Now, dont get me wrong, the old Preds are badass and look great, but they look kinda toy-like (in my opinion). I think it would be awesome if Hot Toys would re-release them so that other fans that missed out on them can get a chance to own them, as well. Also knowing that Hot Toys has come a long way since they started; year by year they have been coming out with more detailed and more accurate figures. Dont you guys think if they would re-release them, they would kick major butt? Just a thought....

For the 1000th time, NO. That is all.

And they shouldnt "redo" old releases either. Now if they wanted to release a "classic" Predator from Predators and put him on a new body and what not, thats fine. But to redo the P1 figure is unacceptable. Thats the easiest way to alienate a fanbase...just ask the guys that owned the first release Medicom Snake figs. Also, HT loves the fact that their figs fetch so much on the secondary market...it means that people are that much more willing to blind buy a fig...even if they dont like it, the value will likely go up. That way HT sells through their inventory and can keep their overhead costs low. If they had to store a bunch of figs that werent selling because of perceived lower collectibility value, that would mean more warehouse space, staff, etc. Its all about production planning and "one piece flow"...in this instance, one line flow. I'm involved with logistics if you couldnt tell...

Last edited:
Bring out the AVP Predators but make them look GOOD. and not $700 on ebay.

I think Scar is due for a makeover. Some accurate Colonial Marines would be great too. The prices for these are just insane now and they don't hold up to current standards anyway.

I understand the whole "We spent gazillions of dollars on these and now you're upgrading them and releasing them again?!" thing, but I don't really give a _____.
The more A/P collectibles the better.

I understand the whole "We spent gazillions of dollars on these and now you're upgrading them and releasing them again?!" thing, but I don't really give a _____.
The more A/P collectibles the better.

Exactly. I think people are crazy in the first place to spend that much dough on toys.

I say re-release them even though I dont collect 12" figures.

The problem with that state of mind is that you would upset the collectors that have been your bread and butter over the years, and eventually likely have issues selling your product at retail price. Then, as HT gets clogged with inventory that isnt moving, they will decide that they dont need to come out with additional A/P product until the existing stock is sold, eventually leading to LESS A/P product. McFarlane screwed himself with this mentality. Trust me on this...I get paid to work with these issues daily.

Nike did the same with their original shoes. Everyone hates the retros. It frustrated the guys who spent so much money on the og pair.

Now, I was thinking the other day that the new Preds that are coming out like Berserker and Falconer are more life accurate when it comes to their body mass than the old figures. It would be a great idea if Hot Toys would re-release them in more life accurate body mass. Now, dont get me wrong, the old Preds are badass and look great, but they look kinda toy-like (in my opinion). I think it would be awesome if Hot Toys would re-release them so that other fans that missed out on them can get a chance to own them, as well. Also knowing that Hot Toys has come a long way since they started; year by year they have been coming out with more detailed and more accurate figures. Dont you guys think if they would re-release them, they would kick major butt? Just a thought....

:slap:gah:

how many goddamn times is this topic gonna get posted here?

:goodpost::dunno :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

What Furious said period. People who want them to re-release don't own the rare preds because they are not THAT in love with them or don't feel enough need to dish out crazy prices for one nowadays. I'm not saying these people are lesser fans and I'm even going to credit them with having more sense not to spend that much on a figure. But for the love of god please don't take this little sense of "exclusiveness" that those people who do treat these rarer preds as Grail have.

I'm not unreasonable though, a classic predator on the newer predator body is fine because in a sense he is from the new movie liscense.

I think they should put out an updated Robocop, there's enough predator figures floating around for someone to grab one variation at a reasonable price... not so much with Robocop.

M.

Read about an new original Pred in an interview (where they talked also about the T1).
That is why i did not bother to track one since then nor the berserker and falconer.
Will love to have a proper original pred instead of the bobble heads ones, one with that awesome silhouette and new body sculpt techniques that HT is providing recently.
It will piss the collectors but hey they will buy it anyway. So who cares?
Maybe the original predator from PREDATORS wich would be the way to make it ok for some.

Well re-releasing after some good time has passed can allow other people who missed out on the initial run to obtain one, *Cough* Terminator Endoskeleton *Cough*

Back