Shipping advise for hot toys (UK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T800kaz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi

I plan on selling some of my hot toys figures on ebay soon and I just wanted to know what the best postage options are for selling within the UK. I haven't sold any large items yet so just want to make sure I know what the best options. Not worrined about the postage costs more so about the best trackable options and safe delivery methods out there.

Thanks.

For Hot Toys, I'd go with a reputable courier and double box them. All our Hot Toys products ship in their usual brown shipper plus a further box with void filler. The issue with many collectibles is the people want the interior box to stay mint, so whilst the brown shipper protects from some damage, it won't save it from a dent, whereas a second box should save all but the most angry of courier. We also tape that second box with fragile tape all around.

In terms of Courier, we tend to use ParcelForce for the fragile stuff and so far our process of careful packaging seems to do the job. However, we have a contract with them, so I don't know how good their prices are for an individual. I know parcel2go uses a range of couriers, but be careful as their compensation isn't as good. Another one that we've used that seems fine is Interlink.

Also, offer buyer may collect on eBay as you'll get some people who want to do that. Just remember to carefully check their ID and get them to sign and print that they have collected.

Depending on where you are, we could look to sell them for you in return for a bit of commission for the hassle. You then can rely on our reputation (nearly 1,000 feedback and top rated seller on Ebay), our packing and couriers. We're based just south of Bedford if you want to look at that. Just send us an email at [email protected] and we can look at it. Cost I'd guess something like 15% after fees and postage. Or we could look to buy them outright from you, but we'd be looking for more margin to do that.

Hope that helps :)

Yes as much as I hate Parcelforce, they come out the cheapest with tracking included. Typical hot toys is around £12.50, 48 hour service . Royal mail is a bit dearer without tracking.
You other option is parcelmonkey. Type in the box size and weight and wait for the prices to come in. will probably be a fair bit cheaper and they come to you to collect....

And never take insurance out as they wont pay out for fragile items.

Thanks for the tips :)

You're welcome :)

Oh, here's an example of our packing. This is a Hot Toys Iron Man Tony Stark The Mechanic going out today. Blurred the address for customer privacy.

Re Parcelforce. We've been using them just over a year. So far only the very occasional delay, no lost or damaged parcels. But as you can see, we double box and clearly mark fragile.

IMG_4154.jpg

Last edited:
Yodel & My Hermes are typically cheaper but I don't trust them and they have bad reputations.
Yodel once left a parcel 'Under Bay Window' and no surprise it wasn't there when I got home.

I always use Parcelforce as I think it's worth paying a bit more for a reliable service.
Be warned though! Enhancing insurance may be a waste of time and I'm pretty sure they don't cover fragile collectables.
Always check T&Cs.

Yodel & My Hermes are typically cheaper but I don't trust them and they have bad reputations.
Yodel once left a parcel 'Under Bay Window' and no surprise it wasn't there when I got home.

I always use Parcelforce as I think it's worth paying a bit more for a reliable service.
Be warned though! Enhancing insurance may be a waste of time and I'm pretty sure they don't cover fragile collectables.
Always check T&Cs.

There is a very grey area under their terms and conditions for cover of collectable items even if they are fragile. They say you are covered but they never pay out. Other fragile items are not covered. Parcelforce are very good at tracking and getting a parcel to you. Getting the parcel in one piece, not so good.
To be honest, its a bit of a lottery as to who you go with and how it arrives nowadays .

Back