Media Shenmue III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
II ended in 2001. Story was left incomplete.

14 year cliffhanger. Well 16-17 since we still have to wait another few years for this to actually come out.

Not just that, but Sega essentially abandoned it for these past 14 years as well saying they wouldn't have enough money to fund it due to the lackluster sales of the second one (Both games were at the time the most expensive games ever made). Unfortunately, the second came out pretty much right after the Dreamcast was declared dead and only came out in Japan and Europe. Most who imported it from Europe already had it on their Dreamcast so when they released it on the original Xbox one year later, not only did most people not know about it, but those who already had it already had the import.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yeah a lot of great dreamcast games have suffered.

cool thanks for the insight......its sad that dreamcast had so much potential and it was treated so poorly

Its comes to PS4 and PC. I am sure PC release because kickstarter contract, then sony funding it. $2 million crowfunding is nothing though, I think the game will cost more than that. And Sony cover rest of funding. My biggest concern, Sony will pull entire game to PS exclusive. Eventhough I doubt Sony and Yu Suzuki is that stupid to betray entire community fund

Its matter for me, right now I just have PC. I am not planning buying console, thigh budget.

If you haven't heard, Street Fighter V is funded and partially developed by Sony and it is also coming to PC with cross platform play. Another game being funded by Sony, No Man's Sky is also coming to PC (day and date with ps4 now )

If you haven't heard, Street Fighter V is funded and partially developed by Sony and it is also coming to PC with cross platform play. Another game being funded by Sony, No Man's Sky is also coming to PC (day and date with ps4 now )

I thought SFV is capcom, know nothing about No Mans sky. If thats the case, Iam just ok as long shenmue 3 released on PC

yes very good article. Yeah the dreamcast got a bad deal, killed by fanboys imo. I remember being at Toys R Us and hearing sales guys turning away buyers saying the ps2 is coming out soon and its gonna be waaay better. To this day some of the best gaming experiences I had were on that system- Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Jet Grind Radio, Dead or Alive 2, Tokyo Extreme Racer to name a few...

I pledged $300 as well, $200 extra for 3 toys that are supposed to replicate 50 cent machine toys doesn't justify the extra expense.

Which platform it appears on to me isnt a concern. What matters is we get to continue the journey:0

Did any of you guys pledge? If so, which tier? I went for the single capsule toy tier. If they reveal more and better goals, i'll be tempted to go for the 500 tier.

I pledged $300 as well, $200 extra for 3 toys that are supposed to replicate 50 cent machine toys doesn't justify the extra expense.

That's great. Fingers cross we get some great new items to pledge for soon. I see what you mean about an extra 3 capsules for that amount. If it came in a special crafted box or a proper capsule display unit then that would be more enticing.
Things are moving so slow with the updates. However my eyes are stuck on that page. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish threezero or some company made 1/6 scaled articulated figure for shenmue.

There is a 1/6 Ryo statue from First4Figures or whatever the company is called. Lan Di was teased a few months ago, too

They should make 1 & 2 available for download and/or disc when this comes out.

:exactly:

That ones totally up to Sega though, out of Yu Suzukis hands. Its possible if the 3rd game is a success that Sega could release some kind if HD remake. At least I think we'll be getting the fmvs from the first game included for a refresher

There is a 1/6 Ryo statue from First4Figures or whatever the company is called. Lan Di was teased a few months ago, too

Yeah I got that statue and will get the next one as well. I want an articulated figure. Threezero are doing great with dead space. Mass effect etc etc

Kind of stinks that you can give like $300 to the Kickstarter campaign and still only get a digital copy of the game. To get the physical copy, you have to pledge $60 separately.

Kind of stinks that you can give like $300 to the Kickstarter campaign and still only get a digital copy of the game. To get the physical copy, you have to pledge $60 separately.

Thats not true mate. If you look at the main page or been following the campaign, its states that any tier above $60 will be given a survey at the end of the campaign to choose any of the four current options. Digital PC, Digital PS4, Physical PC, Physical PS4.

Oh, cool. Looking through everything it seemed like you had an option for a physical copy on PC but not PS4.

Anyone here pony up to be in the game?

Back