Shazam the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will not be on a streaming service. What WB needs right now is movies that critic and fan like and Shazam has hit it with the critics and the fans. It has over 90 RT score and a grade A cinema score. On top of that it looks like it will make decent money. There will be a #2 i can 100% guarantee that.

International is DOA though and that’s critical because of the Avengers about to snuff out Shazam/Hellboy in a few weeks.

Domestic lets see 2nd weekend I agree it’s not as bad DOA as Dumbo is.

The international BO isn't DOA At 102 M it's out pacing MCU films like Antman, Dr. Strange, and GOTG . Yes, it did slip to # 2 on Saturday in China. so that something to keep on eye on. But outside of China, it's going strong.
Here are what the film is expected to do.
Prediction:
Domestic: $175,000,000
Worldwide: $510,000,000
Opening (Domestic): $40.000,000
We can put that domestic opening in the win column
DOA, my ASS!

The rumors of its death at the B.O. have been greatly exaggerated.
https://deadline.com/2019/04/shazam...a-global-international-box-office-1202589047/

Going to go see this in another half hour..

I'll let everyone know if Jye is right or not :lol

You will not like this lol

And Jye…. Was / Is right :lol

Jye I don't think I disliked it as much as you... I would say I was into it for about the first 35 to 40 min. But the film outstayed its welcome.. I thought the final was way to long and very uninteresting...

The film started to feel and look like the live action Scooby Doo movies with the CGI demons being the main bad guys..

The middle to end of the film was frustrating because I did enjoy the 1st act and part of the 2nd... Didn't land the ending though and ruined the movie for me.

Guys.... it's Shazam. I mean, come on, this is not Batman or Iron Man. It's.... Shazam. The fact that it even got made should be enough.

All I know of.... Shazam... is the 70's Saturday kiddie show. To be avoided at all costs.

I wouldn't see this movie if you paid for me and Charlize Theron to go.

OK, I lied there on that last part, I admit it.

Guys.... it's Shazam. I mean, come on, this is not Batman or Iron Man. It's.... Shazam. The fact that it even got made should be enough.

All I know of.... Shazam... is the 70's Saturday kiddie show. To be avoided at all costs.

I wouldn't see this movie if you paid for me and Charlize Theron to go.

OK, I lied there on that last part, I admit it.

:lol

I was just getting ready to declare you a liar :lol

Guys I didn’t think this movie was that great either. It was ok. But like people made it out to be sooooooo amazing but it really wasn’t. If your a 90s kid this movie feels way to familiar with other movies of that era. It’s like I’ve seen it before.

But you forget, it was the Shazam / Isis hour, and Isis was pretty hot!

06 Shazam Isis.jpg

Back