Shazam the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, this movie was mediocre. The worst DCEU movie. I wanted to love it cause of the early glowing reviews from youtube reviewers, but I think they are shills now.

Damn jye. I’m getting nervous now. U love a lot of films

Not an accurate description of me I dislike most movies only the MCU and SW do I roll over like a puppy for lol

Hereditary was the only movie I loved in 2018 that wasn’t MCU or SW.

Anyways my 11 year old along with all the other young kids in the theater were having a ball laughing it up with Shazam so there’s that.

Look there were a few scenes I enjoyed but overall the drama was just too shallow for me the humor made me cringe and the action very simple to downright goofy at the end and those demons might be scary for 11 year olds but just too silly for my cynical ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don’t understand all the gripes. Movie was pretty good.

To each his own. I thought It was a lot of fun. Hey, it got an A Cinemascore. Haven't we been told for the past month that's the gold standard. :lol

sh.jpg

Everybody is entitled to their own taste.

My main concern with this movie is the humor.

If it's anything like the stuff in the trailers then I know I'm not gonna enjoy it.

Justice League ruined this movie for me. Passed on Aqualad and will pass on this one.

Yea this movie was just ok the humor did really hit for me some people were laughing but I just wasn't into it the villan was terrible, story was pretty lackluster like all dceu movies I've seen haven't watched aquaman yet going to check it out tonight...so far every dceu movie has been a one and done for me never need to see them again

I quite enjoyed AM in the sense that it was a thrilling and fun rollercoaster ride.

I’m still a fan of MOS/BvS but not a fanatic over them like I am the MCU.

Shazam is literally a movie for 11-15 year olds.

The drama is very simple, the bullies were ABC Afterschool Special-Power Rangers deep and that 3rd act was Power Rangers goofy.

I will revisit AM but never again for Shazam.

Last edited:
Yup exAclty who it is aiming for , and the classic target audience for comic books in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched this movie last night and i thoroughly enjoyed it it is worth a 90% Rt score. At some points in the movie i had tears coming out of my eyes from laughter. Also there was this little girl in the theater laughing so loud so good that the young ones where also loving this movie.

Read the original comics- this is the very type of movie that families can enjoy- it's simplicity and level of humor is true to the source material in spirit.
Marvel fanboys can't see past Mickey's ears

I've seen this twice and absolutely love it. For me, it hit all the right emotional notes, and I appreciated the straightforwardness of the story and the fact every character had understandable motives. As a longtime Captain Marvel fan, the trailers had me on the fence, but I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it both times.

I've tried watching AQUAMAN a second time at home, but that movie is as crowded and convoluted as BvS. People just give it a pass because it's colorful and doesn't take itself seriously, which I do appreciate in it.

My favorite scene..... I didn't post any spoiler warning since its also in the trailers and promos. But what motivates him during this moment, you knew he finally accepted his gift.

shazam.jpg]

Marta Milans is sure one hot Mama.

View attachment 449783

:google :google

My favorite scene..... I didn't post any spoiler warning since its also in the trailers and promos. But what motivates him during this moment, you knew he finally accepted his gift.

View attachment 449785]

I did like that one specific scene.

But I just can’t say enough how much I hated watching a smart and resourceful Billy Batson act like an 8 year old when he was Shazam it made no freaking sense.

Back