1/6 Share your HT Star Wars collection Pics Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Asaaj !

haha I have those exact ST figures as well. Always wanted to sell them, but didn't want to make a loss. Maybe someday soon. May keep Kylo and Rey. At minimum TFA always brings back a feeling of hope......only to be dashed on the rocks of reality.

The Emperor and Yoda have some nice dance partners up top ! :)
Thanks Hoody, loving your setup as well very2x cool cabinet and panels.

The state of my SW collection so far.
Still waiting for Jango, Mando Beskar v2, Boba repaint, and Bo. Then I have to move some of my other figs around to make some more room for Fennec if HT ever releases her.
20211113-085320.jpg

2021-11-13-09-11-03.jpg

2021-11-13-09-12-17.jpg

2021-11-13-10-35-50.jpg
Bespin leia looks so lonely...
Also, awesome setup.

I think you saw the Marvel/DC side right ? This is the other side of the room. i.e the Star Wars side. I was just waiting on getting Lando in before taking some more shots.

Shelves were custom made by myself.

Here's a sneak peak of the OG line-up with the spot for Lando next to Chewie and Han.

View attachment 545316
Gasp! That looks stunning! The lighting and the panels work so well. And I love the raised platform you have with the Mando figs to the left. I've been thinking how to maximise my space in my tiny study and this is very inspiring. Would you mind sharing what sort of led strips you've used there?
Awesome work all round :clap
Re: the helmets, I've been using stainless steel toilet roll holders as a relatively cheap option for stands.
IMG_9751 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Gasp! That looks stunning! The lighting and the panels work so well. And I love the raised platform you have with the Mando figs to the left. I've been thinking how to maximise my space in my tiny study and this is very inspiring. Would you mind sharing what sort of led strips you've used there?
Re: the helmets, I've been using stainless steel toilet roll holders as a relatively cheap option for stands.View attachment 545489
That's a very smart idea

I think you saw the Marvel/DC side right ? This is the other side of the room. i.e the Star Wars side. I was just waiting on getting Lando in before taking some more shots.

Shelves were custom made by myself.

Here's a sneak peak of the OG line-up with the spot for Lando next to Chewie and Han.

View attachment 545316
Great set up you got there. Mind taking a pic of the whole collection ?

Re: the helmets, I've been using stainless steel toilet roll holders as a relatively cheap option for stands.View attachment 545489
That's an excellent idea with the toilet roll holders. Good old Aussie ingenuity !! I'm by the way Australian as well., but living in Europe.

I'd steal that idea as well, however I don't have so much vertical space. They may just need to sit. However Plan B was to move them to a floating shelf or something else when I move house next, and free up the space up top for more 1/6 figures. God known I'll need some after 2022 !

Space maximisation was something I thought long and hard about. I can be a bit of a tight ass, so I wanted something that was functional, looked good and relatively cheap. This turned out to be cheaper than all other options considering how many figures can be displayed. (I'm an engineer, it's in my blood somehow :) )

So I ended up finding out that 0,3mm steel C-channel (I think it was 0,3) with anodised paint coating to roughly match the display shelving was the best option. Here in Europe I could specify the length and depth of the folds. So I could have the height and depth I needed for the figures.

Having the figures able to be offset from each other was my aim as it enabled the most figures on a row without being too compressed. ala Justin's collection. Too many all on top of each other lessens the effect imo.

Even with the offset method it can be pretty busy when you see the whole shelf at once.

The other nice thing with the C-section is you can position it accordingly on the shelf. Nice for when Kuiil & Blurrg comes, as I'll need full shelf depth for them.

Great set up you got there. Mind taking a pic of the whole collection ?
Sure, I'll hopefully get a chance this weekend.

Here's a couple of the Marvel + DC side of the display room to show the concept. I really need get some better poses done next chance I get. 2 gaps for latest Black Widow and Captain Marvel to finalise the display. And of course Cyborg for DC.

I'm going to move that vertical closer to Hulkbuster so I can fit in the rest of the Guardians (Drax + Mantis). And Knightmare Batman and Knightmare Joker down below.

To fight dust if a real problem was potentially to simply attach large perspex or glass sheeting along each level with hinges attached to the top of each shelf in front of the lighting bars. But not sure how good that would look. A Dyson air purifier would probably cost the same or less and leave them open to clear viewing.

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3012.JPG

Sure, I'll hopefully get a chance this weekend.

Here's a couple of the Marvel + DC side of the display room to show the concept. I really need get some better poses done next chance I get. 2 gaps for latest Black Widow and Captain Marvel to finalise the display. And of course Cyborg for DC.

I'm going to move that vertical closer to Hulkbuster so I can fit in the rest of the Guardians (Drax + Mantis). And Knightmare Batman and Knightmare Joker down below.

To fight dust if a real problem was potentially to simply attach large perspex or glass sheeting along each level with hinges attached to the top of each shelf in front of the lighting bars. But not sure how good that would look. A Dyson air purifier would probably cost the same or less and leave them open to clear viewing.

View attachment 545503
View attachment 545504
Impressed/jealous/inspired/motivated/flabbergasted......
Just a clean and classy display all round.

The simplest solution - and this can be done for anyone out there with open shelves - would be to get some thin acrylic sheets and attach them via magnetic or velcro strips. Magnetic strips look a little cleaner.

I’ve done that to cover up shelves and it works well.

We have a high quality air filter/purifier but it does not cut down on actual surface dust accumulation as you’d hope, so I would not rely on that alone.

The simplest solution - and this can be done for anyone out there with open shelves - would be to get some thin acrylic sheets and attach them via magnetic or velcro strips. Magnetic strips look a little cleaner.

We have a high quality air filter/purifier but it does not cut down on actual surface dust accumulation as you’d hope, so I would not rely on that alone.
I was using acrylic sheets for my Billy top shelves (good quality/grade ones), one thing on acrylic tho regardless the quality is how easily it can scratch simply by wiping it during cleaning/accidental bumps.

I was using acrylic sheets for my Billy top shelves (good quality/grade ones), one thing on acrylic tho regardless the quality is how easily it can scratch simply by wiping it during cleaning/accidental bumps.
Yep, that is true. Very important to wipe gently with a clean duster in one direction only.

But there is acrylic polish, and if that fails it’s relatively inexpensive to replace.

Interesting MyenShi. I'm intrigued. Could you perhaps post a couple of pics (at distance and closer up) of the magnetic acrylic sheet system.

So I can see how it works.

I've done the same thing to seal up book cases that were repurposed to display 1:6 scale figures. I used Lexan, a higher grade plastic sheets and used strip velcro to secure the panels. It was all trimmed right there in the store. The velcro worked okay. Just being able to keep the dust out was a huge improvement, even if the plastic sheets are just hung on small finishing nails.

While more expensive, I found Lexan held up better to cleaning and polishing, with less scratching.

If anyone's interested, here's good write up on Lexan...
https://www.acplasticsinc.com/informationcenter/r/what-is-lexan

Last edited:
I've done the same thing to seal up book cases that were repurposed to display 1:6 scale figures. I used Lexan, a higher grade plastic sheets and used strip velcro to secure the panels. It was all trimmed right there in the store. The velcro worked okay. Just being able to keep the dust out was a huge improvement, even if the plastic sheets are just hung on small finishing nails.

While more expensive, I found Lexan held up better to cleaning and polishing, with less scratching.

If anyone's interested, here's good write up on Lexan...
https://www.acplasticsinc.com/informationcenter/r/what-is-lexan
That's part of the reason I was interested in seeing some photos of MyenShi's solution with magnets. They are typically not as good in a shear situation. i.e when the pane is magnetised to a surface and wants to slide down due to gravity. Unless of course is can be done in a way to sit on the shelf itself I guess.

A thin strip of velcro might be also an option.

I totally understand Hoody, go with something that presents the most clean visual appearance.

I agree with @MyenShi that the velcro is not as visually pleasing, as the splotchy adhesive backing of the velcro can be seen through the plastic sheets viewing from the front. Any air bubbles or lack of adhesion can be seen. I sort of felt that was a trade off for dust proofing that I was willing to make, but that was a long time ago. I feel different about it now.

If I were to do this again, I'd try to make it as clean looking as possible. I'd be interested in seeing the magnetic technique too. 👍

It could be a few issues to overcome, trying to keep the panel supported, which at larger sizes can have significant weight, and getting the panel to seal closely to the vertical frames of the cabinet.

At one point I ended up removing the velcro after some years and drilled two small holes at the top, at the sides to hand the Lexan panel on the cabinets with small finishing nails, but these were stand alone book cases. It did make the removing/replacing the Lexan easy though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, you've sure made some great looking custom displays up to this point! Thanks for sharing. 🤗

I love this thread!

Last edited:
Interesting MyenShi. I'm intrigued. Could you perhaps post a couple of pics (at distance and closer up) of the magnetic acrylic sheet system.

So I can see how it works.
It’s easier to visualize in video. Luckily there’s some tutorials out there. It would be similar in concept to what these folks did:

What I might recommend to you based on the height of your unit is to possibly get a very long sheet of thicker acrylic that’s as tall as your cabinet so that the bottom sits on the floor.

That way you don’t have to worry about gravity pulling it down and the magnetic or velcro strips are there to just keep it upright.

I’ve done this as a desk divider and it worked well. The acrylic sheet was about 6 or 7 feet tall, purchased from a local acrylic shop. You could find a shop local to you and ask what the longest size is and have them cut it to match your shelves.

Otherwise multiple smaller, thinner acrylic sheets can also be used if you want to go one per shelf.

Last edited:
Back