1/6 Share your HT Star Wars collection Pics Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So like SSM, my Lando just arrived, who I was waiting for to do some shots of the main Star Wars displays.

Still some room in there for a couple more, but real estate is getting scarce. Helmets may need to go to a separate area. I could see a Boba shrine with throne front and centre up top. But we'll see. I do like the helmets up there as something different.

There will also need to be a bit of re-arranging when the Blurrg and Kuiil arrive. But definitely possible.

Forgive Gandalf and Deadpool. I really need to find them another spot.

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

Then there is the main bigger display.

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3285.JPG
    IMG_3285.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 53
That's part of the reason I was interested in seeing some photos of MyenShi's solution with magnets. They are typically not as good in a shear situation. i.e when the pane is magnetised to a surface and wants to slide down due to gravity. Unless of course is can be done in a way to sit on the shelf itself I guess.

A thin strip of velcro might be also an option.
Interestingly enough that’s how Moducases work, magnetised acrylic panels. There’s a small lip to help keep it stable.

So like SSM, my Lando just arrived, who I was waiting for to do some shots of the main Star Wars displays.

Still some room in there for a couple more, but real estate is getting scarce. Helmets may need to go to a separate area. I could see a Boba shrine with throne front and centre up top. But we'll see. I do like the helmets up there as something different.

There will also need to be a bit of re-arranging when the Blurrg and Kuiil arrive. But definitely possible.

View attachment 546858

View attachment 546851

View attachment 546853

View attachment 546856

View attachment 546868

View attachment 546864

View attachment 546865

View attachment 546867

View attachment 546866
Gorgeous collection and setup. Love the black background.

Thanks for sharing! The cabinets almost look dark grey. Love it hoody, great figure selection from popular SW canon! Excellent lighting too! I like the way the figures look against white cabinets, then I see this and think black is also great.

Tell us more about the Falcon on the wall?

So what's next?

Last edited:

View attachment 546858

View attachment 546851

View attachment 546853

View attachment 546856

View attachment 546868

View attachment 546864

View attachment 546865

View attachment 546867

View attachment 546866
…….Herly ferk
1637465533406.gif

Dope setup :rock

Amazing collection Hoody999 !!

Looks great Hoody!

Spectacular collection and great display, Hoody! :clap

Thanks for sharing! The cabinets almost look dark grey. Love it hoody, great figure selection from popular SW cannon! Excellent lighting too! I like the way the figures look against white cabinets, then I see this and think black is also great.

Tell us more about the Falcon on the wall?

So what's next?

Also, I reckon you’ll have enough clearance to have those helmets on stands if you want.👍🙂👍 But just a stunning setup.

Thanks guys for all the comments, that means a lot ! (y)(y)

The Falcon is a DeAgostini prop size model I built and painted myself over 1,5 years. I followed a thread of a guy who did one. Was a great experience getting tips and tricks from all the people also doing one. Probably took a bit too long, but was worth it in the end.

My next project is something I've had in mind for a while. I love the vehicles of Star Wars, and of course I like things to be somewhat orderly, so when I saw Bandai had 1/72 scale of most of the Star Wars vehicles I thought that's it !!!

So the plan is to make a display like I've modelled up below. Sort of like a 3D poster for the wall.

Imagine it sort of like one of those "butterfly displays" you would see at a biological museum. But with all the Star Wars vehicles on thin rods away from the backing plate. Plan is to have them all framed in approx 1,2m x 1,2m (4ft x 4ft) square box with glass or perspex over the top. Probably about 20-30cm deep, all hanging on the wall. Maybe with small jewellery display spotlights in the corners to bring the light from inside rather than externally glare off the glass/perspex ?

I have all the models, just not the Razorcrest. However that is soon to be released I believe. Still not 100% sure I'll get it, depending on what ship Mando get's in S3.

The model building is slow, but I've done the B-Wing (probably one of the more difficult ones). I used Andy Moores example as a huge help. Also had a good friend of mine paint my Slave 1 for me which I managed to find in 1/72. Hard to find, although with Book of Boba, am sure they'll re-do it. Snowspeeder was my first attempt.

I'm just halfway through a standard Tie Fighter. That's pretty straightforward. Probably should have started with that one to get my confidence up. :)

So I think that'll just about do me for crazy ideas for a while. The 1/72 Bandai Falcon will be another monumental job no doubt.

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 10.54.59.jpg

IMG_2081 2.JPG

IMG_2083 3.JPG

IMG_2086 4.JPG

IMG_2511 4.jpg

IMG_2508 4.JPG

IMG_2507 4.JPG

IMG_8554 2.JPG

The Falcon is a DeAgostini prop size model I built and painted myself over 1,5 years. I followed a thread of a guy who did one. Was a great experience getting tips and tricks from all the people also doing one. Probably took a bit too long, but was worth it in the end.

My next project is something I've had in mind for a while. I love the vehicles of Star Wars, and of course I like things to be somewhat orderly, so when I saw Bandai had 1/72 scale of most of the Star Wars vehicles I thought that's it !!!

So the plan is to make a display like I've modelled up below. Sort of like a 3D poster for the wall.

Imagine it sort of like one of those "butterfly displays" you would see at a biological museum. But with all the Star Wars vehicles on thin rods away from the backing plate. Plan is to have them all framed in approx 1,2m x 1,2m (4ft x 4ft) square box with glass or perspex over the top. Probably about 20-30cm deep, all hanging on the wall. Maybe with small jewellery display spotlights in the corners to bring the light from inside rather than externally glare off the glass/perspex ?

I have all the models, just not the Razorcrest. However that is soon to be released I believe. Still not 100% sure I'll get it, depending on what ship Mando get's in S3.

The model building is slow, but I've done the B-Wing (probably one of the more difficult ones). I used Andy Moores example as a huge help. Also had a good friend of mine paint my Slave 1 for me which I managed to find in 1/72. Hard to find, although with Book of Boba, am sure they'll re-do it. Snowspeeder was my first attempt.

I'm just halfway through a standard Tie Fighter. That's pretty straightforward. Probably should have started with that one to get my confidence up. :)

So I think that'll just about do me for crazy ideas for a while. The 1/72 Bandai Falcon will be another monumental job no doubt.

View attachment 546991

View attachment 546999

View attachment 547000

View attachment 547001

View attachment 547002

View attachment 547003

View attachment 547004

View attachment 547005
Slightly off topic I guess, but I agree that the 1/72 models are great. I have mine setup as shown below. Note that I didn’t paint them. I don’t have those skills!

83A253EF-72BB-4684-A91D-39F7933E3109.jpeg

7C543403-386E-4D6A-BACE-49A5A74BADD6.jpeg

Slightly off topic I guess, but I agree that the 1/72 models are great. I have mine setup as shown below. Note that I didn’t paint them. I don’t have those skills!

View attachment 547035.

View attachment 547027
Awesome stuff RebelSpy !!!

That last pic is roughly similar to what I'm thinking. Good that I am not alone with my 1/72 ship display thinking.

View attachment 546991

View attachment 546999

View attachment 547000

View attachment 547001

View attachment 547002

View attachment 547003

View attachment 547004

View attachment 547005
Fantastic builds and paint jobs. It’s like you’ve peeked into my brain! I have a bunch of Bandai kits that I’d love to mount on a frame/board at some point.
Here’s an older pic including a partially completed Bandai Falcon
BC03536D-8A84-4587-82DB-D4457E5FA954.jpeg

Back