Shamu Eats Trainer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever your feelings about the whale I don't think he did it on porpoise.

that's so awful. They should release it back out into the ocean. I heard today that Sea World planned on keeping the whale. My condolences to the trainer's family.

I can't imagine that being an option now that it's been in captivity for so long; perhaps Blackthoron knows more about this.

:dunno

Blackthornone, does the golden rule say that people who get killed by animals deserve it?

:cool:

Only humans can be held to the golden rule. If animals had the intelligence to live by the golden rule, the quality of their lives would improve.
Common sense says that more often than not, people who get killed by animals asked for it. Deserved it might mean that the humans attacked the animals physically in a way that threatened their lives.

I can't imagine that being an option now that it's been in captivity for so long; perhaps Blackthoron knows more about this.

:dunno

Animals kept in captivity for a long time do have a very difficult time adapting to the wild. If they grew up in captivity, their expectations of life are such that it is difficult for them to accept the way of the wild, so it takes them a long time to adapt. The trouble is, that in that time, they might very well be killed quickly by some predator that they otherwise have been wise enough to avoid, or defend itself against.
The best option would be some sort of aquatic preserve, like a wild animal park for fish.

that's so awful. They should release it back out into the ocean. I heard today that Sea World planned on keeping the whale. My condolences to the trainer's family.

After that long in captivity it probably wouldn't live long.

I read yeasterday it was a whale named Tilly who did this so why is everybody blaming Shamu ?. Or did the paper I was I reading have no idea what had happened ?. :lol

I always liked seeing Animals at the zoo and at places like Seaworld. I remember being kissed by a sealion when I was 5 or 6.
It terrified me. I should have never put my hand up in that crowd of people to be picked. :rotfl

I read yeasterday it was a whale named Tilly who did this so why is everybody blaming Shamu ?. Or did the paper I was I reading have no idea what had happened ?. :lol

I always liked seeing Animals at the zoo and at places like Seaworld. I remember being kissed by a sealion when I was 5 or 6.
It terrified me. I should have never put my hand up in that crowd of people to be picked. :rotfl

I think all of them have the stage name of Shamu. :cool:

I think all of them have the stage name of Shamu. :cool:

:monkey1 Ah... that would explain it. :rotfl
I went to seaworld a few years ago and when I was at the show with Shamu everybody around me started chanting its name and slapping their knees before he came out as if they had been there a million times before. It was like King Kong. :monkey2:lol

You mean like Busch Gardens?

Basically like a section of the ocean that is cordoned off from the rest, where only these previously captive animals would be. Well,yes, they would still be captive, but they wouldn't be in cement or glass pools anymore. It would be a natural environment with plenty of room to roam.
It would be a nature reserve. Otherwise, if animals could be trained to be in the wild, as in guided by other animals somehow, that would be best.

Zoos are ridiculous, because they are supposed to give people an opportunity to see wild animals, but the conditions are such that you don't get an accurate depiction of how wild animals really are. They are often weak and sickly. Better to get HD video taken out in the wild. Hidden cameras in the wild would be better.

How in the hell are they going to cordon off a section of the ocean large enough for a bunch of killer whales, dolphins, sea lions, etc live?

i think they should send orcas to mars because like there is a lot of water and they will be safe there from humans and stuff. then jst film them with the hubble and like you'd get a more wild depiction. yeah do it. now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back