shades of Mordor Dio!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh great, one more 1:9 scale diorama with a Frodo likeness that blows my PF away. SSC please let Trevor try his hand at a 1/4 Frodo so I can retire the one I currently own (and still do like).

The amazing Frodo likeness has Trevor's name written all over it. I'd be shocked if he didn't do the facial sculpt.

Was hoping to stay away from this line but maybe i'll have to make an exception......just this time.:D

Was hoping to stay away from this line but maybe i'll have to make an exception......just this time.:D
consoling1.gif

It's okay, Red, we believe you...

:lol

maybe it'll have the 5 witches, aragron, and the other 3 hobbits as standard pieces, then having frodo about to put the ring on............ and poof he disappears, hence the dio w/o frodo.:google

of course that would be nice but we would need a pretty large dio to get all them characters in it together.

maybe it'll have the 5 witches, aragron, and the other 3 hobbits as standard pieces, then having frodo about to put the ring on............ and poof he disappears, hence the dio w/o frodo.:google

of course that would be nice but we would need a pretty large dio to get all them characters in it together.

i would buy it if they made it.

malice :stick sideshow

An interesting thought, though I don't see Aragorn being included as he didn't show up until after Frodo had been stabbed. The other three hobbits could be a definite possibility....

Now that's what I call an exclusive. I don't know if it's a must because ringwraiths are cool on their own but it's definitely an exclusive that will separate it from the regular edition by a wide margin.

I don't do dio's but I'll attempt to get this anyway and give it a chance.

i would buy it if they made it.

malice :stick sideshow

here's a thought............................oh yeah i forgot it for a moment.:google

what if they made a dio with the witches and frodo, (visible/invisible) then they created a seperate but attachable dio with the other hobbits later on down the road.:naughty:naughty.

would be pretty cool i think, but sadly i doubt ssc would be that creative.
though they have done such multiple piece dios before with the horror line and sw line.

here's a thought............................oh yeah i forgot it for a moment.:google

what if they made a dio with the witches and frodo, (visible/invisible) then they created a seperate but attachable dio with the other hobbits later on down the road.:naughty:naughty.

would be pretty cool i think, but sadly i doubt ssc would be that creative.
though they have done such multiple piece dios before with the horror line and sw line.

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

dido, this might be one of these pieces that the ex version has a larger es that the reg.

i mean who the hell would even want this piece without frodo:confused::confused:
but then i guess it all depends on the sales to retailers, since they're the ones that purchase most of the reg versions of all the ssc pieces.

Hi all, new member to the site and first post. Been an LOTR fan forever and a Sideshow fan since about 2004. I frequently post on Sideshow's site regarding LOTR and recognize Malice and Tomandshell from their posts there. Anyways, this dio has got me geeked up like no other dio before it. THAT is what an exclusive should be.

Regarding additional inter-locking dios, at Toy Fair Sideshow introduced a Queen Alien dio that will interlock with a Power Loader dio to be released later...I was excited at the possibilities that could be with the LOTR dios...specifically a dio of the Battle at Balin's Tomb, with a central piece of Legolas astride the cave troll, and other pieces with the fellowship battling the Moria orcs. But this Shades of Mordor dio could be interlocking as well...the possibilities are endless.

Sideshow has done variant pieces from time to time, most often via a new paint scheme or a faux bronze finish...but I just had an idea for a true variant version of this dio...."Twillight Shades of Mordor"!!! How cool would it be to have the same dio design wise, but with a different paint scheme and a different depiction of the wraiths?!!!

Sorry if my first post is rambling, just excited about this piece and about my first post!

great idea, sadly most of our ideas on here fall on deaf ears. though in ssc defense, by the time we seen any preview pics the pieces have most likely already been designed and are already been produced.
but some of these pieces have limitless potential is someone wants to customize the pieces themselves.

Hi all, new member to the site and first post. Been an LOTR fan forever and a Sideshow fan since about 2004. I frequently post on Sideshow's site regarding LOTR and recognize Malice and Tomandshell from their posts there. Anyways, this dio has got me geeked up like no other dio before it. THAT is what an exclusive should be.

Regarding additional inter-locking dios, at Toy Fair Sideshow introduced a Queen Alien dio that will interlock with a Power Loader dio to be released later...I was excited at the possibilities that could be with the LOTR dios...specifically a dio of the Battle at Balin's Tomb, with a central piece of Legolas astride the cave troll, and other pieces with the fellowship battling the Moria orcs. But this Shades of Mordor dio could be interlocking as well...the possibilities are endless.

Sideshow has done variant pieces from time to time, most often via a new paint scheme or a faux bronze finish...but I just had an idea for a true variant version of this dio...."Twillight Shades of Mordor"!!! How cool would it be to have the same dio design wise, but with a different paint scheme and a different depiction of the wraiths?!!!

Sorry if my first post is rambling, just excited about this piece and about my first post!

welcome friend glad you finally joined. and yes that variant good be awsome!

I'm more than likely not gonna order this one. The high price tag is the easiest excuse for me, plus the fact there are a couple other Dio's I would rather see made and have in my collection, if I was to have any Dio's in my collection at all. It does look great though, and I agree the Exclusive is a must. I'm just curious if Aragorn is gonna be a part of it.

Back