Serang spartacus re paint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaI2EAPEi2

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi! This is my first ever repaint on a 1/6 scale head sculpt. I've never done anything like this before. I just received this awesome serang head sculpt from georgieboy26 a fellow awesome freak. He painted it and was messing around with it before he sold it to me. I dipped the head in acetone to remove the paint like an idiot forgetting that this recast would be damaged. So the sculpt now has a few tiny holes on it. This was my first attempt at painting a human head and I am pleased with the results. My only issue is painting the eyes and the more I look at hot toys and other customs the more they look like tiny stickers to me. Can anyone confirm this? They just look too perfect to be painted on this small head. Let me know where I can improve. I matched the skin color to perseus body because that's the body im going to most likely use for my custom Spartacus. I also need to touch up the hair etc. PLEASE give me some feed back.

this is what I received from georgieboy26

Last edited:
Hot toys might use some sort of decal for the eyes but most if not all custom eyes are still hand painted.

Hot toys might use some sort of decal for the eyes but most if not all custom eyes are still hand painted.

idk how they can get such details and perfect iris with a brush. Haven't been able to find any tutorials.

Back