Alert Line 1/6 "WWII Luftwaffe Fighter Ace" (Erich Hartmann) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
(I couldn't find a thread for this figure so created this one. If there was one already, please delete.)

I've been eyeing this figure for my 1/6 scale "Air & Space" collection of figures and finally ordered it. Looking forward to adding him into my WWII Pilot/Aviator figure collection.

The figure represents Erich Hartmann, the highest scoring ace of all time with 352 aerial kills. Flying Bf 109s (Me-109s) against the overmatched Soviet MiGs and Yaks for almost three years, he accumulated his unrivalled score. Hartmann claimed, that of all his accomplishments, he was proudest of the fact that he never lost a wingman. He is also reputed to have said. "Get close .. when he fills the entire windscreen ... then you can't possibly miss."

Product Includes:

1. Head Sculpture *1​

2. Male Body *1​

3. Hands *3​

4. Shirt *1​

5. Necktie *1​

6. Visor Cap *1​

7. Uniform coat *1​

8. Breeches *1​

9. Flying Boots*1​

10. Corium Flying Jacket*1​

11. Officer’s Belt *1​

12. M37 Pistol*1​

13. Corium holster*1​

14. AK39 Compass*1​

15. Honor The Dagger*1​

16. Knight’s Cross,Double Sword And Oak Leaf*1​

17. Iron Cross,First Class*1​

18. The Gold German Medal*1​

19. Gold Pilot Medal*1​

20. Gold Fighter ornament*1​

21. Iron Cross,Second Class Cordon*1​

22. Cap Badge Luftwaffe*1​

23. The Eagle Of Luftwaffe*1​

24. Epaulettes Of Luftwaffe*2​

25. Collar Badge Of Luftwaffe*2​

26. Leather Glove*1​

AL100030-7T.jpg

AL100030-3T.jpg

AL100030-4T.jpg

AL100030-5T.jpg

AL100030-6T.jpg

I remember seeing this one announced.

In another lifetime I had DML's version of "The Blond Knight".

12-dragon-ww-ii-blond-knight-german_1_97ce0624247db57d60451a69dd3085e4.jpg

Alert Line's Hartmann has an unusual holster, in that it's not the usual P38 or Luger.

I've never heard of the M37 before. Turns out it's the German designation for the Hungarian FEG 37M.

FEG M37.jpg

M37 holster.jpg

I've seen 'corium' specified in figure listings before, and assumed it was a translation of 'leather' from the original Chinese. Looking it up, it differs in definition from leather, as corium is "the inner layer of skin".

I can't be certain but I think I have that DML figure as well. The head sculpt is different and it is wearing an overseas cap and parachute, so I'm not sure if I just "upgraded" it or it is an overall completely different figure.

I can't be certain but I think I have that DML figure as well. The head sculpt is different and it is wearing an overseas cap and parachute, so I'm not sure if I just "upgraded" it or it is an overall completely different figure.

Looking back at the DML figures makes me wish I kept them all. They would've made great bases for upgrading.

For their time they were far ahead in certain areas, such as weapons, accessories, boots, and even clothing which was often more in scale than DiD were in the mid-2000s.

It was the bodies and hard, doll-like sculptures where they lagged.

DML have been re-releasing some of their sets for a while now, without bodies but with the original sculpts. Though I haven't seen anywhere that sells them.

A quick search on BBICN brought up this one for instance:

DML Galland.jpg

All the re-releases are probably in this search:

搜索 - 兵人在线BBICN - Powered by Discuz!

This a good page showing a lot of them, also showing how they're packaged:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=369223&highlight=dml

That is pretty cool. I have the original Cyber-Hobbies release of Galland. It was released with a numbered card. I actually received #1 and kept it minty fresh. Then was able to pick up another one for a great deal and sold off the #1. This was a long long time ago.

Here are a couple of really bad photos of my current Luftwaffe pilot figures.

Luft 2.jpg

Luft 1.jpg

Eric Hartmann arrived earlier this week and I finally had a moment to open up the box and check it out.

I didn't set him up but from I saw, he is a fantastic figure. I thought the smiling head sculpt would be an issue but it looks great!

The packaging is slick. Includes an insert with photos for setting him up. There is then a foam cover and under it, the figure and accessories in foam slots. I really appreciate these foam inserts. Makes for a nicer presentation, as opposed to the plastic ones.

I didn't have a chance to set him up, so here are some quick pics, just out of the box with nothing set up:

EH 2.jpg

EH 3.jpg

EH 4.jpg

EH 5.jpg

Eric Hartmann arrived earlier this week and I finally had a moment to open up the box and check it out.

I didn't set him up but from I saw, he is a fantastic figure. I thought the smiling head sculpt would be an issue but it looks great!

The packaging is slick. Includes an insert with photos for setting him up. There is then a foam cover and under it, the figure and accessories in foam slots. I really appreciate these foam inserts. Makes for a nicer presentation, as opposed to the plastic ones.

I didn't have a chance to set him up, so here are some quick pics, just out of the box with nothing set up:

Alert Line do make satisfying figures.

The sculpt does look better in your photos too.

Back