Sean's 1/6 Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, but it's way out of scale. If you could apply similar techniques to something the size of a 1/6 elephant, you'd be golden.

Thats why I always thought the Woolly mammoth I have would be a good base as its 14" tall at the middle of back, may be a tiny bit short but wit6h fur and a saddle it seems like it would be good.

But I definitely wouldn't turn down that guys custom, its pretty awesome.

It never did make sense to me that a large, desert-dwelling creature (on a planet with two suns) would be covered in a thick, wooly coat of fur.

I am pretty sure that Mammoths died out because the world warmed up after the ice age, so the mammoths that had evolved into hairless creatures survived, while the hairy ones did not, giving us our favorite pachiderm, the elephant.

If mammoths died out because it was too hot in like, 70 degree weather, how hot would it have to be in a desert on a planet with 2 suns constantly heating it up? Banthas also seem to have more fur than even wooly mammoths did, even though they live in much warmer conditions...

:confused:

But I definitely wouldn't turn down that guys custom, its pretty awesome.

Well hopefully it didn't come off that way. I think Sean's Sandperson looks great and I think Owens Bantha is too big, that's all. Hell, all I do is just look for the right outfits that already exist for my guys. I've never made anything on or for a fig, so I can't be too critical.......:D

But I'm digging Sean and Chaka's custom Raiders and I kind of like the idea he suggested a couple days ago about combining threads related to the same character. Lots of sweet pics in one place!

It never did make sense to me that a large, desert-dwelling creature (on a planet with two suns) would be covered in a thick, wooly coat of fur.
:confused:

To be honest there's so much scientifically wrong with Star Wars its not even worth discussing, any how if if it were realistic it wouldn't be as popular anyways. I mean they have sound in the vacuum of space, but without the sound the space battles would be a bit boring.

Well hopefully it didn't come off that way.

It didn't, I was agreeing that it was a bit big, but it was still awesome.:D

Well , seeing as "Tusken" is the new "Clone" ( and I'm having a short break from both those and Battle droids ) Seans brilliant Raider has inspired me to get cracking on a bash that I've wanted to do for ages . I'm only a couple of hours into it and there's still plenty of work to do , but I'm quite pleased with my progress so far . ( sorry about the photo quality ).
005-9.jpg

Here's a photo of some Bantha parts I've completed.... they look much better in person. The feet are unpainted Sculpey- over a wooden articulated armature. All gaps will be covered with rubber and fur...

9-1.jpg

Sean

Wow SpaceCrawler, thought that was a sneaked Sideshow production pic for a sec before I read your post! :horror

you'll have to send those off to Dorgs to get 'em recast so everyone can have one!

Back