1/6 SDCC reveals thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been said before and it'll be said again, so may threads here have a long pre-movie run of "oh, not interested, I'm done" then people actually see the thing. Just revisit the pages and pages of everyone certain that Hot Toys wouldn't release the Spider-Man Homecoming Iron Man armor, and it looks stupid, what did he forget to paint it, blah blah blah. Now its a grail and the question is how much is too much to pay for it.

I was totally guilty of saying that.....and I still don't like or want it! But I do seem to be in the minority now, unlike the rest of the sheep here. :lol

But seriously, I don't know much about The Eternals and Shang-Chi, but they do sound interesting and after GoTG I'm not about to dismiss them out of unfamiliarity. Plus we've got characters like Yelena Belova and Kate Bishop being introduced as well. I understand how some view the end of Phase 3 as a natural jumping off point, but I'll probably have a tough time cutting the cord.

Marvel really cracks me up, it used to be that you starred in your own movie and then you died in the next movie (Black Panther), then it became your starred in your own movie and only to die right at the very end of it (The Pym family in AM&TW). Now it has developed into you are starring in your very first own movie, but your character is already dead (Black Widow) LOL

Marvel really cracks me up, it used to be that you starred in your own movie and then you died in the next movie (Black Panther), then it became your starred in your own movie and only to die right at the very end of it (The Pym family in AM&TW). Now it has developed into you are starring in your very first own movie, but your character is already dead (Black Widow) LOL

Says the Star Trek guy. At least Marvel isn't sending BW's body to a planet that will re-animate her rotting corpse. :lol

While some are thinking 2020/2021 will be pass/catch-up years, I wouldn't speak too soon.

Black Widow--Natasha, Yelena, Red Guardian, Taskmaster
Eternals -- ok, this one I have no idea
Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+) -- CapFalcon, Bucky, Purple Mask Zemo

Shang-Chi--Shang Chi, (real) Mandarin
WandaVision(Disney+) -- Scarlet Witch, Vision (white costume?), Photon?
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness -- Dr. Strange, Nightmare, Mordo, Scarlet Witch
Loki (Disney+) -- ???
Hawkeye (Disney+)--Kate Bishop
Thor Love and Thunder -- Thor, Female Thor, Valkyrie (although hopefully we'll get one sooner), Korg?, Beta Ray Bill?, Enchantress?

That said, I'd be surprised to see HT solicit even 1/3 of these.

I was totally guilty of saying that.....and I still don't like or want it! But I do seem to be in the minority now, unlike the rest of the sheep here. :lol

But seriously, I don't know much about The Eternals and Shang-Chi, but they do sound interesting and after GoTG I'm not about to dismiss them out of unfamiliarity. Plus we've got characters like Yelena Belova and Kate Bishop being introduced as well. I understand how some view the end of Phase 3 as a natural jumping off point, but I'll probably have a tough time cutting the cord.

I've heard a number of people on and offline talk about jumping off, calling it quits. I get that you may have genre fatigue, but a good story is still going to grab people's attention. I can't imagine someone saying "Nope, done with MCU, can't go see that".

I will get the prequel BW and possibly Yelena BW
Then Dr. Stranger and SW in the new movie.
Maybe the female Thor...

Not sure if HT signed up for any Disney+ shows

Out of the 5 movies, not sure what to make of The Eternals...The star studded GotG??

I'm actually looking forward to the TV shows more than the films :lol Loki, Hawkeye and Winter Soldier/Falcon!! :yess:

Only films of interest to me are Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and the Black Widow one. Was looking forward to Thor 4 but knowing Natalie Portman is back just kills any enthusiasm I had for that film, for me she was the worst part of the first two Thor films. :(

Well they gave wrote her as a boring, do-nothing character. That’s not Portman’s fault. I don’t see how “Jane was boring, so now we’re going to make her interesting” can be interpreted as anything other than positive news.

I've heard a number of people on and offline talk about jumping off, calling it quits. I get that you may have genre fatigue, but a good story is still going to grab people's attention. I can't imagine someone saying "Nope, done with MCU, can't go see that".

Yeah that is a crazy statement to me. It's still Marvel and unless you hated most of what they have done the last ten years i could not imagine not wanting to see more just because RDJ isnt part of it.

A lot of people thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a mistake and would be Marvels 1st big piece of crap film and look how that turned out.

The retail price increases on the figures, over time, is also effecting collectors' buying habits…and add to that the sometimes ephemeral/delicate nature of the materials being used in manufacturing. I hesitate to imagine what a standard figure might cost by the time the phase four figures are solicited. But maybe the prices will stabilize, hard to know what the economy of the future will bring.

EDIT: Sorry ZE, misread and thought you were talking about collecting fatigue.

The retail price increases on the figures, over time, is also effecting collectors' buying habits…and add to that the sometimes ephemeral/delicate nature of the materials being used in manufacturing. I hesitate to imagine what a standard figure might cost by the time the phase four figures are solicited. But maybe the prices will stabilize, hard to know what the economy of the future will bring.

Well, collecting figures is a different story. Lots of reasons someone might cut back, quit, switch focus or whatever, but in terms of media; I can see people outgrowing comics, for instance — because they need some commitment and the stories can get repetitive.

Movies and television are a more passive experience and the execution is so sophisticated these days that they’re even partially immune to repetition of genre tropes, etc.

I see a vanishingly small percentage of fans going off the films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, collecting figures is a different story. Lots of reasons someone might cut back, quit, switch focus or whatever, but in terms of media; I can see people outgrowing comics, for instance — because they need some commitment and the stories can get repetitive.

Movies and television are a more passive experience and the execution is so sophisticated these days that they’re even partially immune to repetition of genre tropes, etc.

I see a vanishingly small percentage of fans going off the films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops, my bad. I thought ZE was talking about collecting fatigue. The word "genre" should have been the first clue it was about film, but I manged to plow along with my misreading lol.

Well they gave wrote her as a boring, do-nothing character. That’s not Portman’s fault. I don’t see how “Jane was boring, so now we’re going to make her interesting” can be interpreted as anything other than positive news.

I, for one, am really stoked that Portman is returning to the MCU...and as lady Thor! :yess:

Her eventual HT fig will be amazeballs if they can nail her likeness...but seeing that SW fig of her at SDCC kinda makes me think they need more time practicing...

I, for one, am really stoked that Portman is returning to the MCU...and as lady Thor! :yess:

Her eventual HT fig will be amazeballs if they can nail her likeness...but seeing that SW fig of her at SDCC kinda makes me think they need more time practicing...

I’m hopeful that, in addition to the inevitable HT figure, this will spur Sideshow to do 1/6 version of their Jane Foster PF... which I would buy in a second.

What do you guys think are the chances that an endgame version of regular suit ant-man gets released? Call me mad but I'm holding back from getting the one from ant-man and the wasp because I feel it would be odd having just him on a stand that says "...and the wasp". I would like him better on an endgame stand.

I think it's pretty slim. I was thinking about this and will probably end up printing labels to match the Endgame stands and put them over whatever stands don't match. Not stickers, just photo paper with the cut out like HT provides with some of their figures. That'll satisfy my OCD :)

Yup same here. If it was just the same Jane Foster from before, then I would understand the lack of interest, but seeing her as the female Thor in a movie directed by Taika Waititi is such a crazy and unexpected idea that I can't help but love it.

I just hope HT does a much better job with her likeness than they did with Padme.

No, i'm with you on Mark 47... I don't understand why so many people have such a hard on for the laziest armor the MCU ever designed, but to each their own. I still have a feeling if it wasn't going for a 1.5g's that most people wouldn't really care that much. :lol

No, i'm with you on Mark 47... I don't understand why so many people have such a hard on for the laziest armor the MCU ever designed, but to each their own. I still have a feeling if it wasn't going for a 1.5g's that most people wouldn't really care that much. :lol

I got mine when it 1st came out. I love Iron Man figures and have around 40 of the damn things and the MK47 is easily in my top 5. It just looks awesome on the shelf. Can't explain it but even with it going for really stupid prices i like it to much to even think about selling.

Natalie Portman as female Thor is retarded. 1 mjolnir is gone so worthiness is pointless. And 2 she has never been a strong leading woman, I think Tessa would make a far better fem Thor, but love her as valkyrie too

Back