1/6 SDCC reveals thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been said before and it'll be said again, so may threads here have a long pre-movie run of "oh, not interested, I'm done" then people actually see the thing. Just revisit the pages and pages of everyone certain that Hot Toys wouldn't release the Spider-Man Homecoming Iron Man armor, and it looks stupid, what did he forget to paint it, blah blah blah. Now its a grail and the question is how much is too much to pay for it.

yeah thats accurate. Seeing the phase 4 lineup though, I think its very possible my collecting will slow down quite a lot.

Price and space will be the major things for me. I have always wanted a Blade figure and would not mind a updated A1 era Loki, a REAL Mandarin or a better Drax among other things.

So we will see.

Yeah I don't mind this haha, it'll definitely be a relief a bit. Most of these films will get 1-2 releases I bet. Hopefully HT will open up to doing more unique stuff.

Phase 4 looks like a money saver when it comes to Hot Toys for me. I don’t need another Dr. Strange/Widow/Panther/Marvel/Bucky/Vision/Hawkeye. No figure interest in Shang Chi or Eternals. That could change though as I said the same thing about GOTG when it was announced.

I would like them to re-release the Avengers Loki. Might happen with the Loki show and us getting the Mark VII and A1 Cap now. Also, a Captain America Falcon would be sweet to have. Another Scarlet Witch, be that from IW/Endgame/Dr. Strange/TV show would be great as well. I can’t see me wanting another Thor figure. Maybe a Jane Foster or Valkyrie if they are made. I’d definitely take a Korg too.

Real issue is GOTG3 and Fantastic 4... each team will probably be $1000+ to complete.

And I don’t even want to think about the price to get all the Hot Toys X-Men... we are all gonna need two jobs for that :lol

In an interview, Feige dropped that there was a time frame where Marvel cannot use them for a period of time. Not sure if he mentioned 5 years or it just came into my head.
If I remember right it's 2 years from the cancellation of each Netflix show. In that time, Marvel isn't allowed to begin developing anything (on paper) for each given character until that 2 year mark is up. So Punisher and Jessica Jones are the longest out from getting reintroduced to the MCU.

68543d963f5f9d348124ec040c265c9a.jpg

Jesus...who would have thought anyone would have wanted anything from this movie...lol

I'm sure I'll probably want another BW and Thor in whatever new outfits they're wearing, along with Hawkeye maybe.

I've never really wanted a Loki before, but with an entire series devoted to him that might change, especially if they finally nail the sculpt. And I'm sure I'll want Falcon in whatever kickass new outfit they give him.

So yeah... it looks like I'm far from done collecting Marvel figures.

Can someone kindly link me to the 1/4 QS Mark 2 thread? Can't seem to fins it in search

I'm sure I'll probably want another BW and Thor in whatever new outfits they're wearing, along with Hawkeye maybe.

I've never really wanted a Loki before, but with an entire series devoted to him that might change, especially if they finally nail the sculpt. And I'm sure I'll want Falcon in whatever kickass new outfit they give him.

So yeah... it looks like I'm far from done collecting Marvel figures.

I’ll almost definitely need a Jane Foster Thor, myself.

I'm actually looking forward to the TV shows more than the films :lol Loki, Hawkeye and Winter Soldier/Falcon!! :yess:

Only films of interest to me are Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and the Black Widow one. Was looking forward to Thor 4 but knowing Natalie Portman is back just kills any enthusiasm I had for that film, for me she was the worst part of the first two Thor films. :(

Yeah Portman sucked in those films. Adding her to the mix in a Waititi world doesn't seem right. My biggest takeaway from this is they cast Mahershala Ali as Blade.

Eternals I am fairly interested in, especially since it seems to be fully Kirby mode (at least design wise.) Basically getting a marvel version of DC's New Gods, and totally cool with that.

Natalie Portman just hasn't had success in these types of roles since the Professional. She isn't a bad actress, but her range has always seem narrow. After what they did with Thor 3, I bet she was interested in returning to the franchise.

WandaVision might be interesting, especially if Wanda uses her powers to start altering this dimension, like she did in the comics. Good and disturbing tie in then with Dr. Strange.

Smart of them business-wise to really double down on the idea that the shows are part of the Phase 4 continuity in a way that none of the non-movie programming has been before. Also means people can't wait until all the shows are out in late 2021 or 2022 to subscribe and then just binge them all. Wonder if they'll add any more to the 2020/21 lineups; I was shocked they didn't put Spider-Man 3 and Panther 2 in there. Hopefully during D23 they specify more about those sequels they mentioned at the end.

Smart of them business-wise to really double down on the idea that the shows are part of the Phase 4 continuity in a way that none of the non-movie programming has been before. Also means people can't wait until all the shows are out in late 2021 or 2022 to subscribe and then just binge them all. Wonder if they'll add any more to the 2020/21 lineups; I was shocked they didn't put Spider-Man 3 and Panther 2 in there. Hopefully during D23 they specify more about those sequels they mentioned at the end.

They mentioned BP2, but its not coming out until 2022 at the earliest (phase 5).

Spider-man has some tricky stuff since is also a Sony production. Probably still negotiations are taking place since your dealing with 2 large corporations.

Back