SDCC Attendee Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
So for those of us attending Comic Con--will any new items go up for sale immediately and unannounced, or will there be an announced preorder schedule/timeframe? I don't want to miss out on an item because I am attending one of the panels or presentations, and now that things sell out in twenty minutes we could completely miss something while we are attending the show if we don't know in advance. I'm sure that I will spend a lot of time at the Sideshow booth, but there are some other things I am planning on doing while I am there. Is there a chance that we will miss an item because of our presence elsewhere during the convention?

:confused:

hairlesswookiee said:
good question... isnt there a schedule of events listed somewhere?? i thought they had everything listed on the SDCC site.

Most of the FAQ stuff is related to the SDCC exclusive items. I am talking about new items that are going to be previewed at SDCC and sold through the website, possibly at a time when I am away from my computer. They did confirm that you will be able to place your order from the show floor and have it entered into the system immediately (no Dr. Doom repeats), but I am wondering about the actual timing of the new preorders. What if I'm not at Sideshow's booth to place my order in person at the time something goes up for sale? That's what I'm wondering about.

Last year they didn't have priority preorders, so it should be different this year. I know I didnt even think to order at the con and missed on the Exc Doom because of it.

Jesse

hairlesswookiee said:
dont worry tom!!! if that happens ill order one for you and you can just pay for it and have it shipped to you.

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Last year they added up the online orders and the orders from the show floor for Dr. Doom and the total exceeded the edition size, so there was an increase. Some people were upset, and they won't be handling it like that again. There have been so many improvements in the ordering system since then, with the priority preorder system and the introduction of inclusive editions. So I have a feeling that things will be different this year.

And yes, if the exclusive Boba Fett PF goes on sale during the show and I miss it, I will spontaneously combust...

tomandshell said:
And yes, if the exclusive Boba Fett PF goes on sale during the show and I miss it, I will spontaneously combust...

tomandshell said:
Have you ever fainted, wet yourself, had a heart attack, and vomited all at once?

Tom, July is turning out to be a tough month for you physically.

They have folks walking around taking orders. So I'm sure they'll have that again with stuff like Fett on it to place orders whenever it goes up.

Just like last year, everything that is newly previewed at the show will be immediately available for pre-order to those in attendence - whenever you get the chance to visit the booth and throughout the entire show.

As for Non-Attendees, there may be a few specific items that will have a PPO (and/or Inclusive) scheduled online for those unable to attend (or for Attendees who just, for some reason, didn't pre-order the item on the Con floor) - and of course we will make these evident online by previewing the product and letting you know well ahead of time when these certain items will be available for online pre-order.

The edition sizes for all new products will include orders taken at the Con, and will be set post-Con. Our goal at Sideshow is to LESSEN your Con stress, not add to it, so we will not make you be at the booth at a particular time for a pre-order :duff

hairlesswookiee said:
haha maybe sideshow should offer the customers an optional health insurance plan. :emperor

Tell me about it! Last night, waiting for the newsletter and the Uni monster event, my stomach was churning and I was feeling nauseous from the stress of possibly missing it! I don't want to have to go through that again any time soon! :monkey1

SideshowDusty said:
Just like last year, everything that is newly previewed at the show will be immediately available for pre-order to those in attendence - whenever you get the chance to visit the booth and throughout the entire show...

So, just so I understand completely, everything that is previewing at the show will be available for pre-order on Thursday morning or anytime after? Or will there be some items previewed, but not available for order until a PPO after the show?

If it is the former, you just made the show for me! Now I can be relaxed and have a good time!!! :chew

lcummins said:
So, just so I understand completely, everything that is previewing at the show will be available for pre-order on Thursday morning or anytime after? Or will there be some items previewed, but not available for order until a PPO after the show?

If it is the former, you just made the show for me! Now I can be relaxed and have a good time!!! :chew

It's the former :duff

okay...no response to my thread, i'll try my luck over here. ...hmmm....any Sideshow Sculptors at the con? ...please :monkey2

SideshowDusty said:
Just like last year, everything that is newly previewed at the show will be immediately available for pre-order to those in attendence - whenever you get the chance to visit the booth and throughout the entire show.

As for Non-Attendees, there may be a few specific items that will have a PPO (and/or Inclusive) scheduled online for those unable to attend (or for Attendees who just, for some reason, didn't pre-order the item on the Con floor) - and of course we will make these evident online by previewing the product and letting you know well ahead of time when these certain items will be available for online pre-order.

The edition sizes for all new products will include orders taken at the Con, and will be set post-Con. Our goal at Sideshow is to LESSEN your Con stress, not add to it, so we will not make you be at the booth at a particular time for a pre-order :duff

:duff

Cheers, Dusty!! You just made my day!!! That is just what I wanted to hear. So I will order one each of everything on Thursday morning and then enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hooray!!

:fireworks

Back