SDCC Anakin has light-up lightsaber?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks amazing!!! where did you buy the accesories? I want to get them now and not wait for shipping.

hairlesswookiee said:
:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 did you use your sideshow lightsaber??? im still waiting for my lights to arrive in the mail. should be here on wed. or thurs. this weekend im gonna take a crack on this project.

no i just used one of the many hasbro ones i had laying around. they are the same size and i couldn't bring myself to do any harm to my sideshow sabers

student_toe5 said:
that looks amazing!!! where did you buy the accesories? I want to get them now and not wait for shipping.

i bought the lights online since i couldn't find any store around me selling the 6" ones and the battery leads from radio shack.

if nothing else it will be good for practicing. it was much easier making the blue one the cause i did the green one first and broke a red one before that. the blue came out perfect no broken wires or anything! i had to do a little repair to the wire on the green and that may be why it is not always the brightest it can be

Any of you guys have tried it on the Hasbro hilts?? I would like to practice on something first before commiting to the SS products. :D

I absolutely love the idea of this... my only worries are the white tip that seems to be on the end of the bulb/tube and how much you'd notice that when it was just standing there and not on photo... and the size of the huge blue box and where to hide it, lol

yeah you do notice the tip. you can take it off and expose the rest of the bulb but the light does not go all the way up it. it is a very bright effect and from a few feet away the tip is hard to notice. the box on the other hand........well you jusct have to display it after you pose your figure and put it in the best place to hide it! :D i am by no means a customizer in any sense of the word so it would be neat to see what some of the other people out here can do to improve on this

ok i finally got my lights today. how do you take them apart without breaking them?? do you just give them a big yank or what?? i dont want to damage them before the fun starts.

gently pull the glass tube out of the bigger plastic tube. you may have to use moderate force, but be careful, as the part you're using is glass or very glass like.

if you need or want, use a razor knife to cut the vinal/rubber covers off the tubes ends.

captain sack said:
gently pull the glass tube out of the bigger plastic tube. you may have to use moderate force, but be careful, as the part you're using is glass or very glass like.

if you need or want, use a razor knife to cut the vinal/rubber covers off the tubes ends.

you werent kidding with the be careful part. while pulling out one of the tubes i pulled the wires part and now have to do surgery to try and fix it.

Qrest Fourstar said:
So which lengths do you reccomend? 4" or 6?

I was thinking about trying to modify my Action collection Obi-wan first.

definately 6" i ordered a couple 4" and after i finished removing the outer case and putting it in anakin's hand it was really short. let me know where you find the 6" ones please. none of the online stores i shop at have them-- its either 4" or 12" and bigger.

no problem enjoy!! this was the cheapest place i could find selling them and they have good customer service too.

captain sack said:
yea, i had to splice the wires to allow me to hook up a nine volt battery.

here is what i got....

1. 3 inch leads for a nine volt battery.(this is the thing that plugs into a nine volt battery)
2. 6 inch cold cathode fluorescent light kit.
3. nine volt battery.

i spliced the power wires to the nine volt battery lead.

Don't those tubes normally run off a 12V PC power source - so it would actually be brighter if you got the Voltage right ?

Qrest Fourstar said:
So which lengths do you reccomend? 4" or 6?

I was thinking about trying to modify my Action collection Obi-wan first.

4" might be ok if you were trying to do offhand sabers like they had in KOTOR.

Now that would be cool - niken ryu style lightsaber fighting.

Back