SDCC 2006 The Retrun Of The Josh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I didn't mention in my post above about SDCC was the LOTR Symphony that I went to with my Dad. I got to go thanks to Tomandshell! He had a couple extra tickets and hooked me and my Dad up. If you ever get to see it you are in for a real treat. This was one of the crown jewels for me and my trip to SDCC. It was amazing hearing the music from what I consider three of the best movies ever right in front of me with the art of flashing on the screens. I would close my eyes and just let the scenes from the movie flash through it as the music played. It's hard to put into words how cool this event was for me because of how much I love LOTR and that fact my Dad could share this with me.

Cool pics Josh. Were the last two of your Dad? And how great did the 12" Maul look in person?

jlcmsu said:
One thing I didn't mention in my post above about SDCC was the LOTR Symphony that I went to with my Dad. I got to go thanks to Tomandshell! He had a couple extra tickets and hooked me and my Dad up. If you ever get to see it you are in for a real treat. This was one of the crown jewels for me and my trip to SDCC. It was amazing hearing the music from what I consider three of the best movies ever right in front of me with the art of flashing on the screens. I would close my eyes and just let the scenes from the movie flash through it as the music played. It's hard to put into words how cool this event was for me because of how much I love LOTR and that fact my Dad could share this with me.

that sounds AWESOME!!! and u got to share it w/ ur Dad. gotta cherish those moments. big kudos to Tomandshell for hookin u up w/ the tockets too!

Batty said:
Cool pics Josh. Were the last two of your Dad? And how great did the 12" Maul look in person?

Yeah being hugged by the hot chick at the Marvel booth. Lucky turd!! :lol

He's also joined the board. His user name is JDad.:emperor

Mookeylama said:
that sounds AWESOME!!! and u got to share it w/ ur Dad. gotta cherish those moments. big kudos to Tomandshell for hookin u up w/ the tockets too!

I agree. The whole trip was made very special by my Dad going. So I'd like to thank him for going and say he really enjoyed meeting everyone and going has made him decide to join the board. Yeah, big thanks to Tom for the tickets allowing me and my Dad to share a really awesome night.:chew

jlcmsu said:

I agree 100%.I saw the LOtR Symphony last year and it was great...One of the single greatest things I have ever done...3 hours VERY well spent....There was this older man in front of me, 40's or 50's, that started crying...His wife leaned over to him and asked him "Are YOU crying??"..To which he responded in a muffled voice "Its just so beautiful" :lol ...It was kinda funny, but he was right, it was just so beautiful:monkey2 ....I wish i could have to gone to SDCC this yeqar just to catch that again!

Thanks guys!! I could understand that guy crying it was really moving in a way.

I hope I can afford to buy a new camera for next year. This one did ok but I need a better one if I'm going to go every year.

Great pics Josh!!!!

Still my dream to get out there one year at least.

I have to agree the GG animated C3PO is very cool looking, made me think of a scene from Droids.

lcummins said:
Excellent pictures Josh! And your Dad was a very fun guy!! We had some good talks while you weren't around!!! :rotfl

Thanks Lonnie!! I think the guy who worked on some of them made them come out a tad better than that camera could do. He's a pretty cool guy. I love him and I guess keep him around.:lol

Back