Scotty's Sculpts 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcus is on the back burner for now, and i'm focusing on getting something done that people can actually buy.
I finally have this to the point where I feel comfortable showing in-progress photos.

There is still MUCH to do before it'll be ready for molding and casting.

You'll notice that nearly the entire thing has been covered in castilene, and some parts totally redone. I'm really pushing the detail this time around, and want to make the fantasy side come through as I imagined it initially. (those of you who have been fans of this design all along....I hope you like where I'm taking it)

Thanks for the support.

Original Sculpt-
Boy_and_the_Bee_1.jpg

Being reworked-
Big_Bee_1_web.jpg

Big_Bee_2_web.jpg

Big_Bee_3_web.jpg

Holy flippin' #&%^*! This is, without doubt, the BEST sculpt work I've seen anywhere! Outstanding! Your work is right on par with the Four Horsemen.

:bow :bow :bow

Keep fleshing out the fantasy stuff. Many have talent, but you've also got a great imagination.

:eek
MAN!
That is awesome!

I looked at the details on that bee(?) and just about lost it!
I would love to see you sculpt a Godzilla with detail like that!
I would love to see you sculpt ANYTHING with detail like that!

You are amazing! And original!
ROCK ON!
:rock

GUYS! Thanks a bunch for the kind words...seriously. I'm still working away on this between other stuff, and I've pushed the detailing even more. I'll post new photos this week. It's actually starting to near completion, and I will be having it made into a kit for purchase as well...so hang tight.:)

UPDATE!!! (finally)

I took some quick snaps of where I'm at now. It's really shaping up, and I believe I'm NEARLY done. I want to get this absolutely the way I'd like it before saying it's completed. Gotta still do the rigging for Kalem's feet, and tiny other details here and there that I love to do. Adding cool little things to just build it up here and there..make it more interesting.
A tweak here, an alteration there...etc. At least I'm down to the little things now...and the base is something that I'm not sure on. (pretty boring as is) Whether to leave it, or do something detail-wise to it...I dunno...it'll come to me.

KALEM_BEE_4_May_11.jpg

KALEM_BEE_5_May_11.jpg

KALEM_BEE_3_May_11.jpg

Back