SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've purchased from them before as well. Only issue was something they had in stock but supposedly sold out in the time it took me to order it. He emailed me and asked if I would take another color. It was a little odd and suspicious, but he did send it. All the stuff I've ordered has been small crap. It's probably stuff they have to keep the business somewhat legit.
Looks like I'm gonna have to be careful with these sellers...they are everywhere on the listings :whistle:

Can you order everything they have... then cancel the order?

Organize this with others. Have different people tie up his sales so much that he looses money to ebay for the auctions. Just set up new accounts on ebay. Beat them -- and ebay -- at their game.

The key point in all of this is that eBay itself is at the core of the problem: these sellers have figured out a way to majorly scam yet never really be punished at all by eBay. They short-circuit the system ebay has in place to take down scammers (neg feedback, buyer claims, analysis of message communication, tracking numbers etc.)

As I keep posting here: THIS IS A NEW, VERY SOPHISTICATED FORM OF SCAMMING AND IT IS GETTING WORSE FAST.. These are not the ebay scams of years past, and the scale of it is hidden by the effectiveness of the scammers. It's not surprising that all of these scammers appear to be in mainland China because it mirrors what China does more broadly.

And as I've mentioned before, this is like fake news on FB - even though tech companies condemn it and say they will take action, it is a primary driver of traffic on the site, so it runs counter to their business interest to stop it. eBay won't - can't - do anything about it, regardless of what they say.

These are often sellers with thousands of items in their ebay stores with tens of thousands of positive feedbacks, so they are free to scam as much as they like so long as they know how to control negative feedback on their scam listings, which they do near-perfectly (with methods I've described earlier) and at scale - ie simultaneously keeping hundreds of buyers placated for months.

A week after I finally resolved by second ebay scam, I got a generic promo e-mail from ebay with a suggested listing: it was for the same item from the same seller that had scammed me. That just says it all about today's eBay: run with all the humanity and savvy of an AI bot.

Last edited:
I sent my local Chinese Embassy an email asking them to help refer me to an organization in China that might be interested in investigating these bunch of criminals. And most importantly, they all have one PAYPAL account that is a registered company in China. Hoping that will be where the investigation starts.

The key point in all of this is that eBay itself is at the core of the problem: these sellers have figured out a way to majorly scam yet never really be punished at all by eBay. They short-circuit the system ebay has in place to take down scammers (neg feedback, buyer claims, analysis of message communication, tracking numbers etc.)

As I keep posting here: THIS IS A NEW, VERY SOPHISTICATED FORM OF SCAMMING AND IT IS GETTING WORSE FAST.. These are not the ebay scams of years past, and the scale of it is hidden by the effectiveness of the scammers. It's not surprising that all of these scammers appear to be in mainland China because it mirrors what China does more broadly.

And as I've mentioned before, this is like fake news on FB - even though tech companies condemn it and say they will take action, it is a primary driver of traffic on the site, so it runs counter to their business interest to stop it. eBay won't - can't - do anything about it, regardless of what they say.

These are often sellers with thousands of items in their ebay stores with tens of thousands of positive feedbacks, so they are free to scam as much as they like so long as they know how to control negative feedback on their scam listings, which they do near-perfectly (with methods I've described earlier) and at scale - ie simultaneously keeping hundreds of buyers placated for months.

A week after I finally resolved by second ebay scam, I got a generic promo e-mail from ebay with a suggested listing: it was for the same item from the same seller that had scammed me. That just says it all about today's eBay: run with all the humanity and savvy of an AI bot.
Yeah, I get those 'suggestion' emails from eBay, all of them for what I got scammed out of and by the seller that scammed me! Kinda rubs salt in the wounds, but, I want to keep those emails coming as they have borne fruit on other occasions.

sunnymayhair...I believe I bought something from that seller before but was trouble free.

What happened?
You know I have a bad feeling about this seller, I bought preorderrd a ROBIN figure and suppose to arrive by the 4th quarter of the year and made me not feeling to confident . To keep it more real I think he might be buddy's with red-star and sccstore, who I,ve been reading from our fellow buyers that these sellers are not tp be trusted. At this point I agree.

You know I have a bad feeling about this seller, I bought preorderrd a ROBIN figure and suppose to arrive by the 4th quarter of the year and made me not feeling to confident . To keep it more real I think he might be buddy's with red-star and sccstore, who I,ve been reading from our fellow buyers that these sellers are not tp be trusted. At this point I agree.
sunnymayhair...I believe I bought something from that seller before but was trouble free.

What happened?
This was my first scammer from last year. An excellent communicator - he would promptly and cheerily respond to your messages with lots of assurances and apologies even after a decade of waiting for his "in-stock" item to ship.

This was my first scammer from last year. An excellent communicator - he would promptly and cheerily respond to your messages with lots of assurances and apologies even after a decade of waiting for his "in-stock" item to ship.
You are so right this guy is a sweet talker and a gpod bullshitter. I'm actually fighting for a refund on a preorder, wish I think Im already screwed because of the tome frame. This is a lesson to be learn and wat ch out for sellers with this preorder nonsense.

Hey all, I got linked here because of another thread in the Marvel section I was posting on, so I figured I'd chime in here.

I'd pre-ordered a Black Widow headsculpt from sunnynmayhair on Sept 25 of last year. It arrived four days ago. In the meantime, I'd tried to get a refund from both the seller and from eBay.

So while yes, I believed it was a scam, the product DID actually arrive. So who knows. <emojishrug>

They will have to do the odd few legit sales in order to make their positive feedback look as convincing as possible. That's how they suck you in, you see the positives and you think 'They don't look that bad...'. Trust us, if you buy anything else, you might not be quite so lucky.

Hey all, I got linked here because of another thread in the Marvel section I was posting on, so I figured I'd chime in here.

I'd pre-ordered a Black Widow headsculpt from sunnynmayhair on Sept 25 of last year. It arrived four days ago. In the meantime, I'd tried to get a refund from both the seller and from eBay.

So while yes, I believed it was a scam, the product DID actually arrive. So who knows. <emojishrug>
I first bought headsculpts & connectors for ironman from them & that was fine so started bidding on their hot toys listings now i am chasing 21 non-delivered items through my credit card company. but you will see on their feedback very little of value has good feedback.

Yup, fished in good and proper. Hope you get some resolution. Keep as many records as you can of any communication you have. eBay don't store them, so, any I had is long gone!

I first bought headsculpts & connectors for ironman from them & that was fine so started bidding on their hot toys listings now i am chasing 21 non-delivered items through my credit card company. but you will see on their feedback very little of value has good feedback.
21?! wtf? I suggest to pay via PayPal if you are paying stuff on eBay. For non delivered items (well in my case) once they completed the investigation they refund me the money immediately and I don't have to worry in chasing my bank or the seller.

FWIW, most credit card companies will also refund your money if you challenge a charge and there's no proof of delivery. But be aware, these protections usually expire after 6/9 months, depending on the company.

I'd be especially careful if you're pre-ordering something because all companies are far behind production since COVID, and third-party companies are going to fall to the bottom of the production schedule, meaning their delays will be longer. This'll create greater financial pressure on all the distributors, and I expect t some of them will go bust because of it, possibly taking pre-order deposit $$ with them

The safest deal is to wait until an item is out and advertised as in-hand, but you'll usually pay extra and if the figure is hot and sold out, even more. But this way if it doesn't arrive, you still have time to make a claim with your bank / PayPal / etc.

Finally, I've ordered from sc store9999 and gotten stuff. I've also asked them cancel an order because the listing didn't state it was a pre-order. They did it without a hassle, possibly because they knew if I challenged it, they'd lose.

Good luck!

21?! wtf? I suggest to pay via PayPal if you are paying stuff on eBay. For non delivered items (well in my case) once they completed the investigation they refund me the money immediately and I don't have to worry in chasing my bank or the seller.
shadow wolf once 160 days have passed paypal wont do anything but under section 75 your credit card has unlimited time but usuallt capped at 6 years to claw back the money or pay you themselves as long as its over £100 & theres proof. 21 items may seem a lot but isnt there 40 star wars items for sale but not yet delivered alone.

I told Redstar 1689 I didn't want the item anymore and to refund me. He just went radio silent. Then in my last message to him I told him he stole 325$ from me and he was a thief.

The fact that he sent me a 2$ junk item instead of my Hot Toys figure confirms he's a scammer. There's no way this kind of shipping mistake can happen.

I'm pondering to call ebay again even if the 6 months is passed . They did de-list my item after I paid for it therefore I could not file a claim in the correct time period even If I wanted to because my item was deleted from my purchase history. So this mess is partly ebay's fault . I wonder if there's any merit to plead my case that way.

Last edited:
I told Redstar 1689 I didn't want the item anymore and to refund me. He just went radio silent. Then in my last message to him I told him he stole 325$ from me and he was a thief.

The fact that he sent me a 2$ junk item instead of my Hot Toys figure confirms he's a scammer. There's no way this kind of shipping mistake can happen.

I'm pondering to call ebay again even if the 6 months is passed . They did de-list my item after I paid for it therefore I could not file a claim in the correct time period even If I wanted to because my item was deleted from my purchase history. So this mess is partly ebay's fault . I wonder if there's any merit to plead my case that way.

They will not help you. Ebay just doesn't care. They will tell you they will cooperate with any law enforcement and their requests and that's it. Basically run to the police, fill reports etc. etc. or piss off.

Really sorry to hear that man, hope someway/somehow you can get your money back.

Hello again, has anyone had any kind of experience with "hzz04"? (also from ebay)

Back