Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys and gals. BBTS has the Gorilla Captain on sale, if any of you need him.

BBTS is short for Big Bad Toy Store. It's an online figure store that is have a big clearance sale going on now.

They also have Sideshow's 12" Brent and the 12" Mutant Leader for under $25 each as well.

I'm also trying to scrape up enough cash to get that Dr. Honorious sculpt from you Jess! But my wife insists on starting the Christmas purchasing early (we always wait way too long and put WAY TOO MUCH on the credit card) so I've been a little light in the wallet.

By the way, Jess... did you still need more human heads for sculpting? If you do please let me know.

Last edited:
Sean, Dr. Milo was one of the firsts I did. I still think he looks good considering he's one of my early sculpts. Maybe I should try to sculpt him again?

ape027.jpg
amtF10Ctmp.jpg

You caught the likeness. I'm planning an Escape from the Planet of the Apes group of figures when Dragon re-releases their astronaut suits (in 2011 I think), so I need to get a Milo head at some point.

Sean

PZ, I'm still waiting for Ironman's extra heads to arrive. He said they will keep me busy for awhile. I'll let you know when I get down to the last pair. No worries about when you order the head. I already made the mold so whenever is cool. Anytime now I should get my mold/cast materials. I accidentally had the address to the slavemines on my record, so the material was sent there by my error and I had to redirect it while it was enroute.

Jess, You should have received the heads yesterday. BBTS is selling the HT for $110, not a big savings from te original $112 that they came out for.
SS Mutant - $27.19
SS Brent - $25.49

Has anyone heard anything more on the new Conspiracy of the POTA book? Last I heard, it was supposed to be released in the fall of this year. :pray:

Thats the last I heard as well. i did just send Blam! an email on Thursday so hopefully they will respond this time. [my previous two are, as of yet, unanswered]

Guys, I read something about that. It was saying that it looks like it’ll be released in late 2010 or early 2011. Not sure if that's really accurate, but that’s what I read. I certainly wish BLAM would tell their fans what's going on with their book. Until then, I guess we’re all just holding on and hoping for a real jawdropper. :pray:

I've been reading an illustrated novel called "The Walking Dead". It's an incredible series loaded with superb characters, a captivating story and some wonderful artwork. "The Walking Dead" is an illustrated novel. "Conspiracy" will also be an illustrated novel. I'm really hoping for some great story telling and wonderful artwork in the new up and coming apes book as it weaves us in and out of the original POTA storyline. :yess:

Jungle, I just read up on your candle flame. Very ingenious!! The photo you just posted is very sharp as well.

Thanks Jess. I think it came out pretty well myself. Just dumb luck baking it too long and with too high heat!

WOW WOW WOW!!! Ironman--got the heads in the mail yesterday, but my husband only gave me the package today (lost my key, so I have to wait for him to pick up the mail). Anyway, you are right...I will be very busy! I can't believe there's a SS Taylor in there! I am going to sculpt hair and beard on top of him, so we can have a proper Bright Eyes. I'll have to check photo references, but I believe the SS sculpt is very accurate to Heston's likeness. Thank you so much, Ironman. There are still so many apes that need to get created, and I seriously doubt any toy company would make them.

Very cool JJ, Thanks for mentioning this product. It's cool to see you plugging away on that stuff again. :)

Jessica - You don't think the Sideshow Taylor is proper? Really? I always thought he looked awesome!

Angel--I think SS Taylor is GREAT! But his hairstyle is not grubby enough to be caged up. You can put a beard on him, yes, but his hair is still too clean and slicked back.

WOW WOW WOW!!! Ironman--got the heads in the mail yesterday, but my husband only gave me the package today (lost my key, so I have to wait for him to pick up the mail). Anyway, you are right...I will be very busy! I can't believe there's a SS Taylor in there! I am going to sculpt hair and beard on top of him, so we can have a proper Bright Eyes. I'll have to check photo references, but I believe the SS sculpt is very accurate to Heston's likeness. Thank you so much, Ironman. There are still so many apes that need to get created, and I seriously doubt any toy company would make them.

Glad you got them ok Jess. Thats just the 1st shipment. There will be more.

JJ, that definitely bears trying out. THANKS!

Angel--I think SS Taylor is GREAT! But his hairstyle is not grubby enough to be caged up. You can put a beard on him, yes, but his hair is still too clean and slicked back.

That'll be interesting to see. I never thought of that Jess. I'm sure he'll come out really well since you always do hair so professional looking. :wink1:

Can't wait to see what you get accomplished with them Jess. And, I'll send you another Taylor that you can "ape-up".

Did someone do a Landon sculpt? I know Jess did Dodge but I can't recall Landon and couldn't find any pix.

Back