Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope enough people show an interest in your recent sculpts. We haven't really seen your new improved Julius and I know he'll be spectacular! If the good folks here commit, you can get all the supplies you require. C’mon guys show her some support. Who’s interested in what, and how many?

I'd be interested, I love these sculpts. The only problem I foresee is the clothing. I 'd love a few more apes. The thing is I'd like to actually complete my figure after getting a new head, but how to get the outfits made? Feet/shoes? Hands? I have some projects on hold because I can't find anyone to make outfits. So that's the tricky part for me.

Sean

I'd be interested, I love these sculpts. The only problem I foresee is the clothing. I 'd love a few more apes. The thing is I'd like to actually complete my figure after getting a new head, but how to get the outfits made? Feet/shoes? Hands? I have some projects on hold because I can't find anyone to make outfits. So that's the tricky part for me.

Sean

Very good point. That is the whole reason why my Armondo became a gladiator. He might also look great in a Civil War outfit. :)

IMG_1452.jpg

Last edited:

Sean

If Jessica does make these ape heads available to us, I'll be using existing Sidehow bodies and clothing. That would eliminate a lot of hassles in locating the bodies and ape clothing. Were you guys wanting to something beyond that?

As far as gorillas go, I have a few SS ones I can switch out, so I'd be good but a few new unis would always be welcomed.

Angel and Jungle, its a wish list. So by all means you get to wish/vote. Like was said if the Zaius was done properly it would be a buy.
Jess, I'm in for at least one of each sculpt. And if you make Zako from the TV series....!!!!:yess:

On a more personal note, we laid my sister to rest today. very long hard day. I am actually just getting home from everything and immediately stopped in for a bit of 1:6 escapism.

I have some pressing personal issues yet to resolve then I hope to be able to get back to some simian customs. I still want to try my hand at an Angel-like Alpha-Omega.

If I were in Arizona, I know where I'd be and what I'd be doing! :rock2:rock2:rock2

Tonight KISS is having their entire concert streamed over the Internet over at Facebook. I believe it's the last night of their concert tour. I'll have to drag my big ol' comfortable lazy boy across the room, then prop myself upon it, right infront of the computer tonite! :woo

Last night, I picked up a 1/6 scale, Sunburst Les Paul for my chimp version of Ace Frehley. Now, all my Kiss Apes with will have guitars. :cool:

That would have been cool to go to that! Too bad we didn't have the money to get some of us together who appreciate KISS! Wow, a 1/6 scale, Sunburst Les Paul! Sweet!:yess::clap

Sticks: That's an awesome collection you've got! Thanks for sharing those pictures, I can't remember ever seeing all these guys. Has KFog seen these? I'm sure he'll appreciate them as well. :hi5:

Hi Angel! I do indeed appreciate them! Everytime I see them, I drool because of the great job that you did on them! So authentic looking to the period, it really inhances sticks collection for realism. Kudos brother!:clap:panic::hi5:

Thank you Angel. I'm sure he has, these are old pictures. I'll have to show you some of my recent additions when I get back West.

Enjoy your concert tonight. Crank it!

Mind casting your Vote? You and Jom still need to vote. Hot Toys is listening. :)

Hi Sticks! They are outstanding and a collection to be proud of! What, not fiddle player?:violin:wave

Angel and Jungle, its a wish list. So by all means you get to wish/vote. Like was said if the Zaius was done properly it would be a buy.
Jess, I'm in for at least one of each sculpt. And if you make Zako from the TV series....!!!!:yess:

On a more personal note, we laid my sister to rest today. very long hard day. I am actually just getting home from everything and immediately stopped in for a bit of 1:6 escapism.

I have some pressing personal issues yet to resolve then I hope to be able to get back to some simian customs. I still want to try my hand at an Angel-like Alpha-Omega.

Think of us as your support group IM! We are here for you! Take one step at a time!:1-1:

Thank you Jessica. There are probably at least 20 ACW figures that are not in the pictures. I have bought at least 8 more since being in CT that are waiting for me when I get back to Seattle.
I'm hoping to make some dioramas or some film shorts about the Civil War. I'm still putting my pictures together from my recent tour of battlefields.
If and when you are planning on selling your casts, for how much would they be going for?

Kfog, are you still doing anything history related? I plan to get an order in with Auggie at Battlegear next week. It'll be my birthday present. :)

I will be designating a special room for my collection when I get into my next home soon. I still like the historical figures, but would still like to experiment on Apes clothing for the customs.:lecture

Hey Sticks!

I really don't like the Hot Toys Gorillas and didn't even consider buying them.

So like Angel I don't think I will cast a vote.

It would still be great if you and Angel would cast a vote, because you guys are one of us and who knows, maybe they will fix the teeth and hairline problem!:yess:

If I could just overcome the damned bubbles in the mold, I think I am set. I have a plan though that I think will work. It's usually just luck that skates me by when I make molds/cast...I lack the skill. I have been thinking about it and I have a plan that may work. I will create a slush layer of mold material first instead of pouring the mold in a corner and let it wash over the face. That doesn't work with areas like the eyes/nose...where I can't have any effing bubbles. If I am able to sell these heads, then I can afford to get more mold making stuff and keep pumping up Ape City with more ape sculpts.

I have taken the steps to prep up my Burke guys. As soon as he's ready, he's going bye bye, hopefully to a good home where he will be loved.

Sticks, very very impressive collection you got there!!

I would sure like to have one of your burkes Jess! Can you show me a pic of one painted? Thanks!:pray:

Ok... Ok... Ok... Sticks, I-man, Kfog...

I'll vote. But I don't think I'll ever buy.

My vote is for Cornelius.

By the way Sticks, did I tell you, My sons senior thesis CGI amimated short was in two film festivals this weekend! Metrocaf on Friday and the Coney Island Film Festival today, Saturday.

:wave Hi Guys! Just checking in to kill a few minutes. I'm already logged into facebook and waiting for the LIVE streaming to begin from California on the last Kiss concert from the American tour. I'll be rocking tonite!

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Wow I missed a lot of action in here last night. Good morning all. I'm off to watch a Duck race soon.

IM, if there is ever anything I can do for you brother, just let me know. I will always appreciate your helping on the Star Trek debacle. I'm sorry that film was never made. I learned a lot during that time, and your patience on waiting for those phasers surely helped. Thank you. May you find peace through your loss.

Angel, how was the concert?

Thank you Jom, when I was reading all the posts I was thinking of putting you down for Dr. Z to try and even the count. LOL Glad I didn't. That is such awesome news about your son and his success. I know you already are, but I too am very proud of him. Has he graduated yet?

Kfog, I hope you stick with the History figures as well, you had some amazing figures in your collection that your mother helped you with. I can't wait to snap some updated photos and share them with you.

Jess, keep up the great work. Your sculpts are coming alive with every sculpt you present.

Dr. Z - thanks for the info regarding the ape auction.

PZ, did you get any of those KISS cups? A nice little addition to any collection.

Shomp, nice find and good looking out for a family member.

May you all have a great day. Stickman out. :)

Wow. I'm soooo tired!

How was that concert last night?

I didn't finish the party until late last night and my mom helped to put away the food/stuff. Thank God for moms!!!

I'm still yawning...anyway, today I need to sew two outfits...a shirt and a jacket. Need to get this done so I could send out my Caesar and Burke to get professionally painted. I'm waiting for everyone else to get up so I could sew upstairs.

If Burke and Caesar look spectacular, I'm going to be sending an orangutan head or two to be painted.

See all this activity now? Angel you were really missed!

Back