Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a rough night. I had imsomnia, as usual. I went to bed at midnight, and tossed and pretended to sleep until way after 2 AM. After I checked the time at 2:20, I stopped caring, and then the alarm clock rang. I'm going to try to eat some cereal (gag! It's so damned early)...because after I black out my teeth I refuse to eat solids for the day.

Anyone seen this one yet?
POTA_Bridge_Battle_Final_by_JoeJusko.jpg

Its a Joe Jusko piece for the forthcoming Conspiracy book!

Great find yourself, Ironman.

I cannot wait for this book to come out. I really wish the publishers would have made SDCC this year... it was a bummer not getting the book then. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

As well as the rest of the cards! :gah::gah::gah:

Jess, we couldn't do Comic-Con this year, for several reasons(mostly financial), but we're determined to make it next year. With 12 months to work on it we might just manage it...PS

Wow, great find IM. I love the look of Ape City. I will get this book

Thank you The Ween for your vote. :)

I'm off to Antietam and Gettysburg tomorrow!

Jess, we couldn't do Comic-Con this year, for several reasons(mostly financial), but we're determined to make it next year. With 12 months to work on it we might just manage it...PS

I am hoping to make it to the NYCC. If I can grab extra COTPOTA cards I will!!
Wish I had the funds to go gorilla on NY!!

I hope you can make NYCC and grab some cards. You CAN be gorilla-fied...you just have to try!

So yesterday I had fun getting my ape on. It only took two hours to put on the makeup. As always, I wish I had done a better job--at least my hairline looks the best I've ever done. I'll have to try and post some photos later.

The movies were GREAT to see on the big screen. It was a BlueRay projection, and we sat at the best spots of the theater (we asked the technician), and he showed us the seats that the architect loved best--because the sounds echoed best towards them. I was surprised to see how clear the bluray was, especially the part where the astronauts just get out of the pool of water after the wild critters grab their clothing. It was like somebody gave me a pair of glasses that were the right prescription.

I also got some hecklers--only because I went beyond the safety zone and traipsed to In N Out Burgers (because my friend was craving a burger). I ordered a chocolate milkshake but barely sipped it. It was freaky--just like when I was in Kenya in the 80s, standing on a curb in Nairobi...when the huge city bus crammed with humanity passed by and all eyes were on me.

Wow, great find IM. I love the look of Ape City. I will get this book

Thank you The Ween for your vote. :)

I'm off to Antietam and Gettysburg tomorrow!

Well the vote is hard Stickman but IF I have to choose one, right now I would have to cast my vote for Cornelius since Roddy McDowall IS Planet of the Apes for me.

Awesome pic Ironman! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait for this to come out. I love the fact they are keeping true to the original Apes look.

LOL! Yeah, IM. You should have enough stuff in your collection.

Here's a quick fitting/makeup test. I think the color's too pale. I will go darker a little bit--I'm putting pax paint this time instead of rubber mask grease for the paintup. I suck. I can't find my curler--it's been since October when I last used it. I can't wait for the day when I get to use my own foam latex. Weather here is still too humid to try and make foam latex.

dsc04413z.jpg
dsc04412l.jpg

Jess you are pretty as ever!!!:love

And, has anyone ever seen this blast from the past?
The resemblence is as amazing to me now as it was in the 70's:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dQp0iWk6lvI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dQp0iWk6lvI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks, Dr. Zaius. Every time I put on ape gear it looks different. I hate how pasty I look, but at least my hair was fabulous!

dsc04487.jpg

dsc04492i.jpg

dsc04493f.jpg

dsc04497t.jpg

Here I am watering the garden.
dsc04440b.jpg

dsc04441z.jpg

And, has anyone ever seen this blast from the past?
The resemblence is as amazing to me now as it was in the 70's:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dQp0iWk6lvI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dQp0iWk6lvI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Is it just me or does that guy look like Roddy in make-up??

Isn't that Bill Blake and Paula Crist?

My girlfriend and I were invited to have our photo taken on the rooftop of the Retro Dome, so we could have a photo in front of the sign:
dsc04459o.jpg

Ugh! I hate this photo. I'm so pasty. My girlfriend says she's five feet tall...but I'm wearing a short stacked heel and my shoulders are a few inches shorter than hers in the photo. Did I shrink? I should add that the seat pan of the theater seating is too big for my frame, so my back was killing me because of lack of back support. I had to sit with my feet on the seat pan and I was really tired at the end of the two films. It sucks to get old.
dsc04460b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the video is of Blake & Crist. In the mid 70's they were the closest you could get to Roddy & Kim. They did appearances and photos andshort films [apparently] all as Cornelius & Zira. I know I've seen Blake mentioned here and there on a few forums, but don't know if Crist is still around. I wonder if they'd like to be the new big screen chimps!! Imagine Cornelius and Zira back together. Alright, they died at the end of Escape, so we bring back Caesar and Lisa!!

Back