Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jess! You should have received my package by now! Did you get it?:confused:

Thanks, Kfog. I got your package last night. I should have posted about it, but I was consumed by my anger at Hot Toys not wanting to replace the tear on my gorilla vest. I am sorry.

Talking about packages--Screaming Metal--I did also receive your SS gorilla and SS Ursus. Why am I buying this stuff? I have no clue...but that would be one less outfit to sew and more shorter bodies for my Ape City.

I hope that WaxMurderer gets to sell his customized SS Ursus soon without having to go through the sales area of this forum. I kind of glanced over there. It's not a happy sight.

Last edited:
Have all three of my HT POTA figures now, will have to wait for pictures. Between new job, drill and still testing for better job, I hardly had time to even open them and look at them.

I would like to say that i think they're great, but i have mixed feelings about getting any more. I still haven't been able to finish my SS POTA set yet.

Congrats, but I would definitely give everything the eagle eye just in case you find something wrong with it. You should not, as mine was probably an isolated case, but definitely go over everything with a fine-toothed comb. It took me a few days to spot the tear on my Captain's vest. The poor child that was earning five cents a day to sew the vest in some godforsaken sweatshop was probably hoping that the recipient of the vest would be those collectors who never let their monkeys out to see the light of day...that their one-eyed overseer would probably not see the tear...that he would be able to earn his stale crust of bread for the day...

Anyone ever print cards off of the computer? Is it difficult? Does it completely kill the ink? Hunter Goatley's site has some great custom cards from the Apes films, TV series and animated series. Would make a great complete collection.
I don't know whether the cost of ink cartridges would justify the cards though. Or, could they be somehow brought to a printer to print on cardstock as they are front and back combos?
Your thoughts?

Ironman, yes...take a copy of those cards via CD to a copy/print shop and have them print it out for you on high gloss card stock. You may have to pay extra for the high gloss, but it would be worth it and I'm sure they would look fabulous. That way you won't have to kill your printer AND the cards would be 2-sided and would look like they were manufactured and not home-made.

Last edited:
Most print shops (like Kinko's) will have internet access...you could show them which cards you wanted prints of, and you could show them which front goes to which back....show them a couple and they will figure out the rest. Ask if they can print on high gloss card stock 2-sided...and if they can cut the cards out for you and how much it would cost to do that.

Angel, I really love your Caesar. Please keep me in mind for later, ok? I would want him unpainted, so he can match the chair I have from you.
Jessica - You would want Caesar unpainted, so he can match the chair you have from me? That's so sad, all this time and it's still white? :monkey2

It's nice for you guys to get great trade deals from Angel! I normally have to pay hard earned cash for a new sculpt!:monkey4
KFog - What do you have to trade? Would you be willing to trade a SS gorilla(s) or a male chimp(s) with all the SS fixings? That's what I'm after, and that's what these guys offered me.

That Caesar looks awesome Angel. Have any more photos, or photos of one painted up?
Hitchhiker - Yes, I have some pictures of him painted up.

I hope that WaxMurderer gets to sell his customized SS Ursus soon without having to go through the sales area of this forum. I kind of glanced over there. It's not a happy sight.
What does that mean Jessica? Mean, nasty people?

Ironman, yes...take a copy of those cards via CD to a copy/print shop and have them print it out for you on high gloss card stock. You may have to pay extra for the high gloss, but it would be worth it and I'm sure they would look fabulous. That way you won't have to kill your printer AND the cards would be 2-sided and would look like they were manufactured and not home-made.
Whoa Jessica - They can do 2 sides? Are you guessing or are you sure?

Jessica - You would want Caesar unpainted, so he can match the chair you have from me? That's so sad, all this time and it's still white? :monkey2

:monkey4:monkey4Unfortunately, it is true. I need to be in the mood to paint and think ROCK ROCK ROCK!!

What does that mean Jessica? Mean, nasty people?

No....I mean that it's sad to see all those bumps and bumpity bumps...and the majority of the people there I have not heard of...or know about, like the cool ones that hang out here.

Whoa Jessica - They can do 2 sides? Are you guessing or are you sure?
\\

I know they can print two-sided color on gloss--but probably most likely the card stock paper would only be be gloss on one side. Our computer at work prints double-sided in color. You just have to make sure that the right back goes with the right front. It's just a matter of setting it up on the computer so that the cut lines are where they're supposed to be...or so that when you cut it, it comes out perfect.

I didn't know how to multi-quote one message without working too hard, so I wrote my answers in the colors of the gorilla flags. Hey!!! Maybe THAT'S why I love this photo!! No, actually I think it's the overall composition...but the color certainly adds that extra oomph!! (not to mention all that chest hair--but that's TMI!! :D)

81726998.jpg

Last edited:
Hitchhiker - I'll do that later tonight once I get home from work.

Right now I am trying to get up the gumption to tackle a display/diorama/background for a nice Hot Toys Apes shoot.

Hitchhiker - Well alright! Get up the gumption! We need more of that around here. What kind of display/diorama/background do you think you'd make for the apes?

Hitchhiker - Well alright! Get up the gumption! We need more of that around here. What kind of display/diorama/background do you think you'd make for the apes?

Still deciding, but probably a "building" from Ape City or at least something inspired by.

If I do, I won't be starting on it until sometime in Nov. I am only shooting monster toys all this month, since it is the coolest month of the year and I am a monster/horror freak.

How many people would be interested in getting this sculpt from Jessica?
I would :monkey3
Still deciding, but probably a "building" from Ape City or at least something inspired by.

If I do, I won't be starting on it until sometime in Nov. I am only shooting monster toys all this month, since it is the coolest month of the year and I am a monster/horror freak.

How about the gorilla army finds......

FRANKENSTEIN'S CASTLE!!!!

I'm freaking out...I have 4 weekends to get my act together to finish up the gorilla pullovers. Dylan now tells me (thank God I didn't start his yet!) that he didn't want to dress up for Halloween. He said he'll get dressed up for Wondercon but not Halloween...anyway I have 4 weekends now to get my gears in action to finish Ashton's pullover. Ethan--not sure what he wants to be, but I am hoping it will be easy.

Not sure if I want to get dressed for the Friday before Halloween...should I? Take the day off and hang out at school in my ape gear? I want to get my ape on but not sure if I want to put in the effort...I need to be in a high profile place to make the effort worth it...but it will be an all day affair . Rumor has it we may go to my SIL's on Halloween (Saturday), which means I WILL NOT be an ape on that day.

If I were not married and did not have family obligations, I'd definitely be in full ape gear and go to a really swinging Halloween bash...but I'm married...so I have to be at my SIL's. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Last edited:

Hitchhiker - I hope you really do this project. We all like seeing new things getting created on this thread. It's a lot like being a teenager and waiting for the release of the next KISS album! It's that exciting!

Angel, your items should be home when you get there.

Ironman - Thank you for sending all those POTA stands! Holy crap, I’ll never need another stand. Never! There must be 25 stands in that box! Gee-whiz, I don't know what to say. Thank you. :)

He also sent me a SS body along with the chimp clothes and monkey feet that I'm needing for a generic chimp. Here’s a really quick picture of that stuff along with the two new KISS guitars I had ordered a few days ago. It all arrived today and I love getting really good mail like this!

Last edited:
Back