Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, this is my sculpt of Cornelius on a Sideshow body!! He is the first sculpt I did without a human head underneath, and before I discovered the glass pearls for the eyes...The size is perfect...and the only reason why I got the size right is because as I was sculpting him I had a Sideshow gorilla in front of me to get the eyes placed properly apart before I sculpted the whole thing.

dsc00179wt.jpg

dsc00181hw.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Charleton Heston! Thanks for the blanket Jess!:D

Kfog he looks so great with that head sculpt! You just need to smoosh the backside more...so it doesn't puff out like that..maybe wet it like Angel said and rubber-band it until it dries...or just re-arrange...or add some more glue to force the fabric down.

Here's a new generic gorilla in the works...
Another home run!!
Guys, this is my sculpt of Cornelius on a Sideshow body!! He is the first sculpt I did without a human head underneath, and before I discovered the glass pearls for the eyes...The size is perfect...and the only reason why I got the size right is because as I was sculpting him I had a Sideshow gorilla in front of me to get the eyes placed properly apart before I sculpted the whole thing.

:eek Once again I am in awe, and total envy, of your ability and results.
:clap Great job. :clap

dsc00179wt.jpg

dsc00181hw.jpg

Ooooo - that is awesome! Your sculpting talents are really coming out!

Kfog he looks so great with that head sculpt! You just need to smoosh the backside more...so it doesn't puff out like that..maybe wet it like Angel said and rubber-band it until it dries...or just re-arrange...or add some more glue to force the fabric down.

KFog - Wetting it down works very well. Please try this...

Another home run!!

Thanks - I hope to paint him today.

:eek Once again I am in awe, and total envy, of your ability and results. :clap Great job. :clap

:bow:ccheerlea:ccheerlea:ccheerlea:bow

OMG! OMG! I just got my hairy little monkey paws on 2 tickets to see KISS tomorrow night! My son and I are sitting dead center in the 8th row! I can’t believe I’m going. This is so impromptu. "I wanna rock and roll and roll all nite, and party everyday!":rock2:rock2

Last edited:
Where are they playing? I didn't expect to hear of any shows until the R&R Hall of Fame final inductee decison was made. What lineup are they using?
Congrats on a cool score!
Now I get to envy both Jess and you in the same day!!

OMG! OMG! I just got my hairy little monkey paws on 2 tickets to see KISS tomorrow night! My son and I are sitting dead center in the 8th row! I can’t believe I’m going. This is so impromptu. "I wanna rock and roll and roll all nite, and party everyday!":rock2:rock2

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :banana:banana:banana

It's so great to hear good fortune among my fellow apes!

I painted some more today. No more painting until next week...yay! Of course, I did not finish, but I DID apply more paint...I'm letting the paint dry up now and I will see the status tomorrow with fresh eyes.

I'm going to practice on some sculpts now...I will probably do a mego-scale female or two to get going on my market scene.

Yea, they are listed as coming here in the Phoenix area!
Event Venue Date/Time
Kiss Jobing.com Arena (formerly Glendale Arena)
Glendale, AZ Tuesday
12/1/2009
7:30 PM view
tickets

Other places as listed!

Kiss Tickets Cleveland OH Quicken Loans Arena Gund 9/28
Kiss Tickets London Ontario Canada John Labatt Centre 9/29
Kiss Tickets Montreal Quebec Canada Centre Bell 10/1
Kiss Tickets Toronto Ontario Canada Air Centre 10/2
Kiss Tickets Uncasville CT Mohegan Sun Arena 10/3
Kiss Tickets Boston MA TD Garden Fleet Center 10/5
Kiss Tickets Oshawa Ontario Canada General Motors Centre 10/7
Kiss Tickets Uniondale Long Island NY Nassau Coliseum 10/9
Kiss Tickets NYC New York City NY MSG Madison Square Garden 10/10
Kiss Tickets Philadelphia Philly PA Wachovia Center 10/12
Kiss Tickets Washington DC Verizon Center 10/13
Kiss Tickets Hampton VA Coliseum 10/16
Kiss Tickets Greenville SC Bi-lo Center 10/17
Kiss Tickets Pensacola FL Civic Center 10/19
Kiss Tickets Tampa FL St Pete Times Forum 10/21
Kiss Tickets Sunrise Ft Fort Lauderdale FL Bank Atlantic Center 10/22
Kiss Tickets Birmingham AL BJCC Arena 10/24
Kiss Tickets Atlanta GA Philips Arena 10/26
Kiss Tickets Nashville TN Sommet Center Gaylord Entertainment Arena 10/28
Kiss Tickets Little Rock AR Verizon Arena Alltel 10/29
Kiss Tickets Chicago IL United Center 11/6
Kiss Tickets Minneapolis MN Target Center 11/7
Kiss Tickets Winnipeg Manitoba Canada MTS Centre 11/9
Kiss Tickets Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada Credit Union Centre Place 11/10
Kiss Tickets Calgary Alberta Canada Pengrowth Saddledome 11/12
Kiss Tickets Vancouver BC Canada General Motors Place 11/14
Kiss Tickets Seattle WA Key Arena 11/15
Kiss Tickets Portland OR Rose Garden 11/17
Kiss Tickets Sacramento CA Arco Arena 11/20
Kiss Tickets Fresno CA Save Mart Center 11/21
Kiss Tickets Oakland CA Oracle Arena 11/22
Kiss Tickets Anaheim CA Honda Center Arrowhead Pond 11/24
Kiss Tickets Los Angeles LA CA Staples Center 11/25
Kiss Tickets San Diego CA Sports Arena Ipayone Center 11/27
Kiss Tickets Phoenix Glendale AZ Jobing.com Arena 12/1
Kiss Tickets El Paso TX Utep Magoffin Auditorium 12/2
Kiss Tickets Austin TX Frank Erwin Center 12/4
Kiss Tickets Houston TX Toyota Center 12/5
Kiss Tickets Dallas TX American Airlines Center 12/6

What lineup are they using? Congrats on a cool score! Now I get to envy both Jess and you in the same day!!

The KISS line up is Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer. Tommy is a great guitar player and is awesome as the spaceman! I've seen KISS two other times when Tommy was with them. Tommy is a far better musician than Ace. He remembers is licks and is very tight musically with the others in the band. They sound much better when Tommy is with them.

Check out my Sideshow gorilla, which is in the process of transforming into Gene Simmons. I’m going to have to give him one of those samurai hairstyles with the topknots like Gene always wears. Once completed, he'll also have a little blood dripping from his mouth. However, that’s all going to be a different day. It’s time for bed…
:rip

Last edited:
Jessica, your Cornelius sculpt is looking fantastic. Real surprise there. ;)

lol, angel, those are so great. Love the way Gene Simians came out. Now bring on Ace!!!!

As far as KISS goes, I am a huge fan of the early stuff, but sorry, no Ace, no Peter, no thanks.

Angel, the KISS apes totally rock! I'm in love with your Cornelius!! I don't know why that is...but I am!!

I still have the Ace Frehley PF...I need to dig him out so that I can photograph him with Zira and Cornelius....maybe after I complete Zira and Cornelius....my stuff is always a work in progress. Grrr...gotta finish that Link so I can say that I CAN complete something....

Angel, the KISS apes totally rock! I'm in love with your Cornelius!! I don't know why that is...but I am!!

I know why you're "in love" with my Paul Stanley/Cornelius!! It's because my Paul Stanley/Cornelius is pictured on that really hairy apes body and you happento love sexy lookin' apes! You're an ape lover! Paul Stanley is already "the lover," and now, you're getting twice the nice for your eyes. :love

Angel, the KISS apes look fantastic. I like your idea of lengthening Gene's fohead for the makeup.
The last I saw them, they had just reunited for the Psycho Circus tour. I like having the original members together. I haven't seen them or heard them with Thayer though I have heard others say the same as you. Kind of funny, I recall being in High School and the guys reading the billboard top guitarists and always fighting between Eddie Van Halen and Ace Frehley. LOL.
I'm thinking of trying the KISS paint on a few simians too but can't decide who should be who. I don't see any orangutans in there. Maybe a chimp for Peter, Ace and Paul. And either an open mouth gorilla for Gene or maybe Attar, cut down a bit of course. I wonder if his mouth could take the SS head surgery?

Sorry guys, chimps are beatniks or hippies not hard-rockers. But yes, gorillas are typical right wing hard-rockers. Orang outans are cynical labels businessman.:monkey5

I know why you're "in love" with my Paul Stanley/Cornelius!! It's because my Paul Stanley/Cornelius is pictured on that really hairy apes body and you happen to love sexy lookin' apes! You're an ape lover! Paul Stanley is already "the lover," and now, you're getting twice the nice for your eyes. :love

When you have the two KISS apes pictured, my eyes keep going to Paul Stanley/Cornelius. You are right. It IS twice the nice for my eyes. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5 He's just great eye candy!

Back