Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? You guys can hang out together at a toy show? You lucky monkeys!

TDP--your Scholockorilla is looking really creepy but in a good way! I love how you can populate ape city with sculpts like that. It adds diversity. Caesar looks mighty awesome...and pissed off! I love him!!

The gorilla face without those dang heehaw teeth look so much better!!!

I really love the Hot Toys Ursus. You will not be disappointed. I hope they make more apes--like chimps!!

How is your sculpting going?

Hi guys...just returned from vacations and still awaiting for my Gen. Ursus!!...and I'm so tempted to buy the Gorilla Soldier but it is now way too expensive...but is soo cool!!!...aghhhhh!!!

Jessica I'm not doing any sculpting...sorry maybe you are a little confused!!!...happy new year ape mates!!!

Sixx--I use sculpey firm. It comes in a grey color, and you bake it in the oven. You can bake in stages as well. You need minimal sculpting tools, like a toothpick (sand down one end smooth and leave the other sharp), exacto knife, paint brush and alcohol to smooth the sculpt. And just your basic photo references.

Jessica I'm not doing any sculpting...sorry maybe you are a little confused!!!...happy new year ape mates!!!
I remember your posted something about it in 2009, and for some weird reason, I remembered your avatar from then and I was happy you decided to visit us in Central City. I thought maybe you started sculpting apes, too! Oh...you posted something in August 2009, and perhaps I remember because I was starting up sculpting too...although I started November 2008.

Last edited:
:) Thanks again.

I was scrambling trying to finish them up and take photos before I left home for business travel again.

Thanks to Jessica's tip about Super Sculpey firm, I used that for most of the Schlock resin head rework. After it was baked, I used Sculpey Bake & Flex for the bottom of the fur / hair so it would still be flexible.

... a few more pics of the Schlockorillas...

:) Thanks again.

I was scrambling trying to finish them up and take photos before I left home for business travel again.

Thanks to Jessica's tip about Super Sculpey firm, I used that for most of the Schlock resin head rework. After it was baked, I used Sculpey Bake & Flex for the bottom of the fur / hair so it would still be flexible.

... a few more pics of the Schlockorillas...

I really like the face on that gorilla Darkess Predator! If it were mine, I'd revamp the hair on him so it would be more "Sideshow-like."

Thanks again.

I know what you mean regarding the hair. :) The end results on the hair comparied to the other gorillas made me think the Schlockorillas just got out of "Boot Camp."

I added a little bit over the removed ears, so I try to add more on the next resin head custom I tackle.

I really like those Hot Toys uniforms and need more.

I know how you feel. I want to get at least 5 more of each, at least the unis and gear but its hard to find them affordably.
I really do think that a simple fix for the schlockorilla is a general's helmet.

For those still looking for good 1/6 horses, Cottswold Collectibles offer several, including a re-issue of the old Marx nags(always liked Thunderbolt)...PS

Here are a few more pictures of my 1/6 scale custom ape attempts.

I cut out the teeth of my gorilla soldier, glued the mouth shut, and placed it on the general's body for the photo. I want to buy another Hot Toys Soldier gorilla if I can find a good price.

And, of course, that is Jessica's Caesar resin head. I can see I need to repaint the hands to at least make them blend better.

Again, thanks for the encouragement to show pictures of my efforts. :)

Wow, those guys look very cool. Nice job.

Back