Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks IM, The one in the background is also a gorilla grodd. His only fault is a lack of detail in his face. I took the closed mouth gorilla grodd toy and pressed his face into ordinary clay. Although it worked okay, it really just didn't capture the fine details in his face like silicone rubber does. That was a TEST head. Unfortunately, I mounted it on the neck post and would have a terrible time removing it. I'm going to have to use the original gorilla grodd head someday.

any ape collectors out there want to buy some molds for ape busts? You can then make casts and sell on your own. I don't currently have photos but I can get them--I don't know how much the molds will cost. Any interest, please PM me and I'll hook you up with the artist.

any ape collectors out there want to buy some molds for ape busts? You can then make casts and sell on your own. I don't currently have photos but I can get them--I don't know how much the molds will cost. Any interest, please PM me and I'll hook you up with the artist.

Pix please. Are these 1/6 scale? :confused:

Any of you APES fans interested in this?

B000E6ESG2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I have one that I'm looking to sell. It includes 14 DVDs: ALL of the films, the complete TV series, the Animated show, and more. The Caesar bust has real hair.

planet-apes-ultimate-dvd.jpg

The outer box is a little beat up, but the bust and DVDs are all like new.

I'd sell for $100 shipped within U.S. Asking you guys here before I put it on eBay.

No more PF's from this line ?

From what I was told, there was another PF in development. It went all the way up the development pipe line to just short of production. There were likeness issues that arose that stopped production. I'm assuming that, though I was never told directly, the PF was of Taylor and the recent death of Charlton Heston changed the likeness equation. Did it become not available... or too expensive?

Just my theory. :D

Don't know if the PF will ever clear this hurtle. All I was told was it ready to go. However, the lackluster sales of Dr. Zaius might slow Sideshow's interest in persuing it any further.

Who knows.

This is what I've been working on for the last few weeks/days. I have to re-do the muzzle--juts out too much. Anyway does she at least look like Zira?

This is sooooo hard!!! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

dsc02013if.jpg

dsc02010ma.jpg

That looks fansatic. The profile is great the face on looks a little like the nose is to wide.

Eric

I've been looking at it for a long time and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I will try to adjust the nose and hopefully not mush up the rest of it.

Wow!!
I feel like a ghost of late.
Not much action here on the thread I've emailed and PM'd folks. Gotten ignored, blown off and not answered resulting in my missing out on items I'd really wanted and not being able to secure others I'd had on hold. Feel kind of like Vincent Price in the Last Man on Earth. Or maybe Peter Graves in Where Have All the People Gone.
:confused:

Yes, not much action going on here in Ape City. Have to finish up my son's costumes. Working on Ashton's bandolier (wanted it to be screen accurate, but couldn't find the EXACT shades of fabric) so it'll have to be what it will be.

So no real customizing except at 1:1 scale.

Have never seen any of those movies, Ironman. Have to put them on Netflix.

BUT I did have a very super cool idea for a future project! It's not really planted of the apes related, but it is ape-related, kinda! After completing my Link from Legend of Zelda, I'm going to work on the Monkey King! I will have to see where I can find photos to work from....but that project won't start for awhile. I just like to think ahead of what I want to do next. I still have lots on my plate to finish up. But I need to get something done as soon as Halloween blows over.

Remember that Pinewood Studios Event, Nov. 14, 2009 where they were going to show the 2001 remake? Anyway, there are rumblings on the apevine that it will now be the ORIGINAL 1968 movie. Too bad London is so far from me...I would so attend that event in full costume. Stay tooned--awaiting confirmation that it WILL be the original.

Any cool Halloween things happening out there? In the beautiful Paramount theater in Oakland, they are going to host ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) on October 30 (Friday). I thought about Jungle when I saw that announcement.

It has been confirmed....the ORIGINAL 1968 movie will be showing at the Pinewood Drive in Theater near London, UK on November 14, 2009. For all of you UK fans who have never seen this on the big screen, now is your chance!!! Costumed apes will also be on hand to add to the experience. If you are in the area and can attend in a Planet of the Apes costume and also want to go ape, you and your family can be there at the event courtesy of Pinewood...just let me know in advance so that I add you to the roster of costumed apes. An exclusive tour of Pinewood studios will also be given to apes who attend in costume. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

There is also a contest...Prize is a ticket to see the 1968 classic original Planet of the Apes in all its glory on the giant screen at Pinewoods Drive in movie theatre.

The winning ticket is for a 4 people sharing one car. Stay tuned for the question and where to submit your answer!!

Jess.

PS...the 2001 remake wasn't selling (surprize!!!) so at the last moment, Pinewood Studios changed it to the ORIGINAL MOVIE. Now go out there and see this movie if you are in the area. Ape fans in the UK--UNITE!!

PSS..Pinewood is located in heart of the Buckinghamshire countryside, just 8 miles from Heathrow and 20 miles from Soho.

Last edited:
Back