Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel I am loving being to look at your work in progress. I learn a lot this way, you know. I am thinking about your Dodge. I think if you just re-shaped his forehead line--shave/cut it off and start over with just the top part where it meets his hair and re-do that portion of the hair you should be able to capture him. Right now his forehead looks too angular.

Thanks Jessica, but he's done. I'm moving onto other projects that are just calling out to me.

Milo is so cute, Angel.

He's a very bouncy and playful kitten. I sit back and watch him often. He's entertaining and funny. :blissy

I love that new method of sculpting! The outcome is so much more dramatic!!

I'm looking forward to doing more that way! Thanks!

Dylan asked me this morning when I was going to start work on their gorilla costumes. Wow. So damned timely. Anyway, he said that he better be able to come with me to Wondercon because I canceled his attendance at the last minute. I promised him we would fly down to SDCC as well, and his eyes got all sparkly. Ethan's not coming though because only apes are allowed on my entourage.

I better start saving up my chimpchange for this so I won't have to use my plastic nemesis.

My Armando sits unfinished with the rest of the ape projects. I'm not putting so much emphasis on him because apes come first...and I need to fill up a stadium. I want to have as many apes that Sticks had in his stadium.

You better start trading me some ape heads. I can speed this process up for you Jessica!

Jessica - Silicone rubber and casting resin is on sale until Sept 8th over at MicroMark. It would be a great time to actually buy these supplies, if others here actually wanted ape heads from either of us.

Jessica - Silicone rubber and casting resin is on sale until Sept 8th over at MicroMark. It would be a great time to actually buy these supplies, if others here actually wanted ape heads from either of us.

Thanks! I didn't know that. Yes, I will need some because who knows where my other ones went??? :confused::confused::confused:

I was thinking about Ironman's idea about the face transplant. Basically that's what Hot Toys did with Ursus and the other gorilla.

And I haven't found a suitable Nova yet...I think a repaint of the Sideshow one would suffice. What do you guys think? It's just that the SS version has a stoopid expression.

I pretty much finished one of my new gorilla sculpts last night. I'll just put a little more brown paint on him tonight. Then I think I can call him finished. :)

I can't wait to see his photos.

Last night I took some sucky photos of General Ursus.

Where did the time go? I hope I find my glasses tonight so that I can remove my contacts and start painting those Mego heads. :monkey2

I have been thinking about the boots, too, Ironman. My plan was to make a two-part mold of the SS boots in silicone rubber, and then make a cast with high-tear strength rubber in black. If you make the air vents on the heel and at the front of the boots, I think it can be done. Anybody want to take a stab at this? I will definitely need some ape boots for my army.

As Angel says, it is expensive and time-consuming.

Last edited:
Like I said, pal... I don't even know what I'm talking about but there are many ways Landon's story may play out. It definately will not be from his point of view from behind bars.

Oh and I'm so glad you like my ideas.

I just wish that there was someway to bring it to the silver screen with remade sets original make-up and actors to recreate the rolls of the original. It's kind of like a betweenquel. A sequel between the original and it's original sequel.

I think I've made up a new word!

Holy crapalicious, Jungle. I am so totally stoked by your idea. It's so bleeping original, and I'm not being sarcastic here. That's the freshest idea I have ever heard regarding the Planet of the Apes. You should be a screenwriter...or perhaps you should complete the story and have someone create a comic book out of it!! :banana:banana:banana

Thank you for sharing your betweenquel.

Last edited:
Uhm... so these guys are already out and nobody has made an official pics thread?
Wow.

I don't collect these guys, but I'd love to see pics.

They are buried in this megathread. More fun photos will be coming this weekend from me. I only have the General Ursus and the Captain.

Here are a few pix of just one of my latest creations. He’s what I call my TV gorilla. I’m not going to be finishing him tonight; I’m going to bed early. I’m so tired.

He needs a bit more black paint and, of course, brown highlights must be added. Oh yeah, teeth, teeth must be added also.

I’ll show more pictures once he and the others are actually completed.

Good night all.

Last edited:
Angel he looks JUST like the gorilla in the Horserace!!!! OMG! Amazing!! I don't know if that was your intent but my God he looks just like him!!

I love the sculpt and as Jessica said, He does look like that Gorilla on the television series! Variety is what I am always looking for! Apes, Apes, Apes!:monkey5

Back